Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

That's even worse since that's a whole level that you have to pay extra for.

I don't think we should assume anything just yet. It could be that the Rabbids figure comes packed in, or that the level is unlockable independent of the figures and NFC. I mean, this game is coming to the HD twins right? I can't imagine that they'll miss out on level and characters (even if Rabbids are pretty much home on Ninty hardware). So I wouldn't worry, Ezio is teased. They won't keep him out of the other versions, so I'm pretty sure there'll be an alternate unlocking method present in all versions.

Okay so what if you already have the figure? That's free extra levels and characters...

I'm afraid that not how it works. These look to be "special" figures that need to be used.

Yeah, optimistically there's an ingame way of unlocking them, and this is just a way to shortcut that. Best to wait, since we'll probably get clarification when the time comes when this trailer was actually supposed to be released.

What do you mean already? Did those figures exist before this was announced?

The Ezio one looks like the one that comes with the collectors edition of Assassin's creed 2.

I heavily doubt that Ezio would be exclusive to Wii U. As hillarious as it would be, I just can't see him being left out of the other versions, which means there has to be another way of unlocking him regardless of platform.

I'm such an animation nerd. The first thing that came to mind was: "Why are they using music from Bolt and How to Train Your Dragon? They must really like John Powell." It almost distracted me from the actual trailer.

THANK YOU. I started scanning this to see if anyone else caught on to this. I was constantly pausing the video and checking iTunes to make sure I wasn't listening to Bolt or HTTYD since I do frequently. Since I listen to them freely, it's actually insanely jarring for me to hear it while the video goes, like it doesn't match XD.

Anyways, I'll kinda be a sadface if John Powell is only in the trailer here, since I'd be twitching on the floor out of excitement if he was doing the music for the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Certainly gives me something get for the Wii U when I purchase that mystery machine. The concept of using the screen controller to unlock bonuses, through already existing figures and new ones, sure is Skylanders but, it's a neat thing none the less. Of course, the best part about this is that it's more Rayman, and that's all that really matters. Though, you get to beat the hell out of those annoying Rabbids, finally!

Oh goddammit, the Rabbids? Again? Man, I am so sick of seeing them... I thought we were done with Rayman and Rabbids being together in games. I'm surprised nobody's bitched about them on the youtube comments for the video though.

Oh well, at least they're optional. Still a great trailer for a great looking game, Rabbids or no Rabbids. The sprites are so nice, it blends in with the 3D backgrounds.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

Are Rabbids really that big of a problem?! It's not like the game is all about them or anything. If anything, I'd rather have a Rabbid over another generic Teensie.

No, I'm not kidding.

• Thumbs Up 6

Not a Rayman fan, but I'm pretty sure it's because what started as a Rayman Wii game turned into a minigame collection, and then the Rabidds became their own thing, with many minigame collections being churned out (I thought "Rabbids Go Home" was fairly fun, though I wouldn't have gotten it on my own, my brother did) while no more actual Rayman games were made until Origins.

Edited by Ekaje

I can deal with Rayman and the Rabbids co-existing since this game doesn't look to revolve around the latter so much. I look forward to seeing what it has to bring and I hope more people will buy it on the Wii U... At the moment, it's looking like my format of choice, and I would love to get some online going on with it!

Eh... I'm over my rage over the Rabbids. I just saw some videos of Raving Rabbids 3 a while before watching the trailer... Why, I don't know. It just reminded me of the decisions Ubisoft made (I hate executive meddling with a passion when it drastically changes original intentions of the creator.) and it kinda irritated me at that moment, so that probably wasn't a good time for me to watch the trailer.

Second time watching this, It's kinda funny because this does seem like an apology for the crap they made Rayman go through when the Rabbids were introduced... Plus the environment for the Rabbids level kinda reminds me of the environments from the original trailers.

I'm still hoping Michel Ancel will be able to make the original Rayman game he intended to do before the executive meddling. I think he's expressed interest in making one? But that's another story for another topic, cause this game's looking too good think about the what ifs.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

Looks fucking fantastic just like Origins. I can only IMAGINE how fuckin amazing a 3d Rayman would work in this style, I would love to see that some day, but for now I'm always up for another bout of 2d platforming perfection.

While I can maybe get USED to the new rendering engine, I hope they use the old, more cartoony one from Origins. An official DID say though that absolutely nothing was set in stone, and nothing in the trailer projected the final product, thank goodness, it may just be a graphics test for the Wii U.

It's just different shaders for the current engine, so they could just dump it if they don't like the look.

It's just different shaders for the current engine, so they could just dump it if they don't like the look.

Edited by SuperJXJ

I think the models look a lot better this time around. Rayman looks a bit more normal and I love the shading.

I don't think we should assume anything just yet. It could be that the Rabbids figure comes packed in, or that the level is unlockable independent of the figures and NFC. I mean, this game is coming to the HD twins right? I can't imagine that they'll miss out on level and characters (even if Rabbids are pretty much home on Ninty hardware). So I wouldn't worry, Ezio is teased. They won't keep him out of the other versions, so I'm pretty sure there'll be an alternate unlocking method present in all versions.

I think the models look a lot better this time around. Rayman looks a bit more normal and I love the shading.

It said "Exclusive to the Wii U"

Most likely referring to the NFC use (and possibly the Rabbids), but you never know. Getting exclusive content would be a positive for Nintendo if it turns out to be that way.

Yes, Rabbids are most likely Wii-U exclusive. The Rabbids have pretty much been a Nintendo-Exclusive franchise since the beginning. (Except Rabbids: Alive & Kicking.) So they're probably Wii-U exclusive, no idea about Ezio though.

I don't really have a problem with the Rabbids being in the game to be honest, since it's not going to do a Rayman Raving Rabbids on us and turn the game from a new Rayman platforming title into a mini-game shitfest.

I don't really have a problem with the Rabbids being in the game to be honest, since it's not going to do a Rayman Raving Rabbids on us and turn the game from a new Rayman platforming title into a mini-game shitfest.

If I recall correctly, the first Rayman Rabbids trailer showed actual platforming and combat via playable Rayman. Was so disinterested that I'm not sure if Rayman ended up actually playable or if it became a mini game collection like I've heard through the grapevine.

I'd be interested to see that trailer. I've not played the first Rabbids game in years so not sure if that sort of thing was shown in the intro movie, but yeah, it did just become a mini-game collection.