Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

This is one of those sequels that will make the original feel so inferior by comparison.

And the original was already effin good.

• Thumbs Up 1

And the original was already effin good.

Exactly. Legends is somehow even prettier to look at. But I still really wish they'd animate the characters differently.

This game sure looks sexy

I sure hope there aren't 90% Teensy costumes as in Rayman Origins, but this game sure looks way better.

no really I had it with those freaking Teensy costumes. Even if I loved them I'm tired of seeing Teensies EVERYWHERE.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't express how happy I am to see the game being played with a stylus! I've been dreading smudgy fingerprints all over that screen. Looks amazing, though I still need to finish the first!

• 2 weeks later...

New character revealed: Barbara

If the Teensies aren't going to be playable, there is at least another character to be revealed.

That.....was......AMAZING!

If there's two things I love, it's girls and battle-axes. At first I wasn't sure how well she would fit in with Rayman, but the game looks to be going for a more classic fantasy setting in some areas, so it's cool. Definitely looking forward to playing as her!

Now all we need is a FUCKING WII U RELEASE DATE

Oh so she's totally new, cool. At first I thought she was another re-imagining of Betilla (though I guess she'd have had to drop a few cup sizes pounds to look like that compared to the last game).

Platformers need more pretty redhead protagonist representation.

Edited by JezMM

This is one of those sequels that will make the original feel so inferior by comparison.

Basically what Rayman Origins did to every other Rayman game.

If the Teensies aren't going to be playable, there is at least another character to be revealed.

The Teensies are playable and have been in screens released at E3.

rayman-legends-wii-u-e3-2012-screenshots-11.jpg

Barbara is neat- but we kinda knew about her since the game's "leaked" trailer. Also, I hope that's not her final voice...

The Teensies are playable and have been in screens released at E3.

Well, sorry then. I'm not giving much attention to this game since it seems to be Wii-U exclusive by now.

I hope that there are other new playable characters now that we have Barbara, I was disapointed that they didn't make Polokus playable in the last one even if the intro made it look like it.

Barbara looks so sweet. She looks really fun to play as.

But I dunno, the Teensies are still very special for me...

I am liking the look of Barbara, she looks like a pretty neat addition to the Rayman ensemble. At first she admittedly looked a little out of place, but having seen that trailer, she blends in with the fantasy setting really well. Plus, it's nice to see a female character playable in a Rayman game for... possibly the first time ever?

This is easily my most anticipated Wii U game at the moment. I never thought I'd be saying this but screw Mario, I want me some Rayman!

New Gamescom trailer.

It seems to confirm Wii U exclusivity.

Not that much new stuff shown, but the footage is pretty awesome.

That's a damn sexy box art.

As angry as people are going to be with this news it's nice to see the Wii U has a massive selling point on it's hands with this.

• Thumbs Up 2

We knew about the exclusivity already, it's just that Ubisoft said a later port isn't totally out of the question. Though I can only see it working on Vita. Unless they make big changes, I can't see it coming to other consoles.

That said, game looks good, but I can't say I'm a fan of the touchscreen stuff. Well outside of the minotaur tickling part.

The story is in the description:

Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings of mythical worlds. They are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering the world, and the adventure begins!
Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well that's a weird story, then again I can't say Origins made much more sense either.

Box-art looks great. You know it'd be kinda cool if there was an online mode that let one person use Murphy to help others out.

Interesting that they've gone for Wii U exclusivity. I mean surely whatever changes are necessary to port it to others can't be too huge, since not everyone will be able to even play the Wii U version co-op. Unless literally the CPU takes control of Murphey for 1-Player Mode.

Oh wait, unless... do I recall them saying the Touch Screen co-op mode will have a different set of levels to the regular co-op?

New Gamescom trailer.

It seems to confirm Wii U exclusivity.

Not that much new stuff shown, but the footage is pretty awesome.

*sees boxart*

Funny, this fanmade boxart is quite similar to the official boxart.

PnaFn.png

Awesome. Now if only the official one had a Nintendo Network label on it...

Interesting that they've gone for Wii U exclusivity. I mean surely whatever changes are necessary to port it to others can't be too huge, since not everyone will be able to even play the Wii U version co-op. Unless literally the CPU takes control of Murphey for 1-Player Mode.

Oh wait, unless... do I recall them saying the Touch Screen co-op mode will have a different set of levels to the regular co-op?

From impressions that were had with the game, unless there was some special mode they were playing then the touch screen is an equally integral part in the Single Player experience.

If there is a port of this game it's going to be massively stripped down to the point that it'll probably not even be the same game. It seems to have been tailored for the Wii U exclusively, unlike Raving Rabbids where we knew months in advance that it was getting ports, only that the Wii was the only version that was worth getting.

Since this is set to launch with the Wii U this will inevitably bump up sales rivaling those of Origins' first few months. Raving Rabbids managed to do this and spin it into it's entire own franchise so I don't think Ubisoft have much cause for worry.

EDIT: Okay, seriously - watch that trailer in 1080p. This game is fucking gorgeous.

• Thumbs Up 1

Going by what a rep said around E3, it's not completely out of the question. But I don't see how it could work. The Gamepad seems to be an integral part of the game. So I doubt it will happen, even though Ubisoft loves porting Rayman to everything.

I'm loving this game's art style, more than Origins. Some sections remind me of Rayman 2 and 3, which have atmosphere that I thought Origins was lacking. I'm thrilled with the direction they're going in that regard.

My only worry is the touch controls. They look fun in a group, but I'm slightly worried that they will make the single-player experience seem gimmicky compared to Origins. That's my only worry. But so far it actually looks pretty fun, so I doubt the controls will intrude on that too much.

Overall it still looks even better than Origins. This and Pikmin 3 are so far my biggest must-have titles for Wii U.