Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Rayman Legends looks amazing, loved Origins and it stays as my favourite game to date. Although the new Graphical style looks odd to me, I prefered the one in Origins.

I'd be interested to see that trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JVIWG_E-s

Rabbids go home was a godsend in that it wasn't just a mini game collection. Wasn't the DS version of Raving Rabbids a 2D platformer?

Edited by Rawrdom
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't see that coming. Sucks for the non Nintendo fans who loved Origins. But at least this is a good way to sell some Wee-You's.

Rayman Legends is a Wii-U exclusive! Finally! I'm glad too, Nintendo deserves some exclusive awesome.

Edited by Reggie Fils-Aime
  • Thumbs Up 2

This news has pissed me off so much. I don't want a WiiU as it is right now, so I just really hope something else makes me want one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh well, that's to bad. Still even do I really liked origins, it's not enough to make buy a wii u.

I hope you surprise me tomorrow nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

(timed) Exclusive?

Heh, by the time I buy a WiiU this game will have come out, bombed hard, be announced for the other platforms, come out again, bomb hard again and I'll pick it up for $5.

An exclusive? Oh fudge. I guess the Wii-U needs a AA title to launch with.

Raving Rabbids sold really, really well under the pretense of being a well-marketed party launch title for the Wii.

Now that they've seen how much profit Origins has raked in and how much Rayman 3D also did really well being one of the only good launch titles available for the 3DS (going as far as securing some top-chart spots around Rayman Origins' reconfirming), there's no doubt in my mind that this will sell really well. People are going to want Wii U games at launch, Rayman has retained much of his long-lost glory and fame, and Ubisoft would not make a sequel without the intent of pushing it hard and expecting it to do well. With this being a multiplayer game even, it's probably going to be one of the definite go-to experiences at launch.

This game will most certainly sell, and I don't think Ubi are going to back down on it's exclusivity for some time.

• Thumbs Up 2

They didn't back down on continuing the series after Origins sold like shit, so I figure they're quite the stubborn company. Either that or Ancel is quite the stubborn developer (I'm sure he is to some extent, since Rayman is his baby), and Ubisoft is happy to let him do his thing now.

Oh that sucks. I really wanted to play this game but I am not planning on buying Wii U so..... whatever.

Ok here's my thoughts on why it's unlikely to become multi-console (taken from status updates)

Here's the thing. They're not inclined to do that because, Rayman Origins bombed on all those other platforms. They can't put a game on a system without paying a fee. Regardless of how Legends does, they're unlikely to port it because, Origins did horribly. It's not going to suddenly do well on 360 and PS3 just because it does well on Wii U, and if it bombs...why the hell spend more money just to not make any back?

Though that does make sense, by that logic why bother making a sequel to a game that sold like shit on any platform it came out on? Sure, you lessen costs by using just one platform, but there's still a big risk to take.

Having said that, I'm glad Legends is being made, and that Nintendo managed to snag a decently high-level exclusive for the Wii U. Still hoping for a big show-stopping exclusive announcement like GTAV content or Half-Life (2, ep) 3...you know, just something to turn the industry completely on its head. It won't happen though...

Probably because it sold better on Wii (not sure about that) but, more likely due to what Carbo mentioned. Rayman has had great success with Nintendo launches.

Cheers, Rawrdom... How could I forget THAT HAIR?

I don't personally mind the exclusive, although I can see that if people didn't want to buy a new console, that it would be a shame for them to miss out.

Looks great. Murphy seems pretty important to the game, so I guess I cann see why it's not coming to the other consoles. I feel like it would be a bit awkward to use him in single-player, though.

I still can't tell if the characters are 2D or 3D.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that's quite a shame... Guess it won't bother me to much since it's only a matter of time before I will inevitably buy the Wii U of course it's probably gonna happen after a price drop and a Smash release.

I guess it's just too dependent on the Wii U's tablet pad to be ported to other platforms without drastically changing the gameplay... which is kinda the whole point about the Wii U; it provides experiences you just can't get on the other formats.

Or it's supposed to, at least.

That might prove to be a handicap if developers ignore the Pro Controller and treat the Wii U as a pariah system, but why would they?

Legends could be pretty easily transferred to the Vita. Its pretty much a Wii U pad, which can play its own games. They could then use the Vita to play the game on the PS3.

I guess we'll find out if they do.

Legends could be pretty easily transferred to the Vita. Its pretty much a Wii U pad, which can play its own games. They could then use the Vita to play the game on the PS3.

It's a very, very expensive Wii U GamePad alternative. Who's going to buy a Vita just to play this one game on PS3 like they can more cheaply on Wii U?

It's a very, very expensive Wii U GamePad alternative. Who's going to buy a Vita just to play this one game on PS3 like they can more cheaply on Wii U?

People who already OWN a Vita probably would like to play the game....It would just so happen that you could use the Vita to play the game on your TV using your PS3. I don't mean people buying the Vita just to function as a controller.

People who already OWN a Vita probably would like to play the game....It would just so happen that you could use the Vita to play the game on your TV using your PS3. I don't mean people buying the Vita just to function as a controller.

How would you use it on the Vita without a PS3? It's the same limitation preventing its being ported to other platforms.

Plus, maybe Nintendo threw lots of money at Ubisoft because it needs decent third party exclusives.

I still can't tell if the characters are 2D or 3D.

Player characters use the exact same sprites as the first game, just with new effects on them/rendered differently. They are 2d. So are a lot of the backgrounds and objects. Other things like the monsters at the beginning are 3D.

I'm also assuming that Murphy isn't necessary for everything in the game considering it looks like you can play Rayman alone, and I'm fairly certain Murphy's not able to scroll the screen by himself, instead having to move at the pace of the other players.

But yeah, this game looks awesome, just like the original. I loved the rock remix of Land of the Livid Dead.

Don't really mind that the game's a Wii U exclusive, but then again I'll be getting a Wii U. I will say that I think games like this with big cooperative elements are best suited to living rooms, not handhelds.

Edited by Solly