Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

• 1 month later...

Origins demo is out on Steam now, and I've also been informed of something else...

Apparently the PC version had drop-in/out online Co-op.

I'm buying the shit out of this game again for that sole reason.

Scratch that for now, looks like it MIGHT have been an error. ;__;

Yup, turns out it was an error and there's no online co-op. Hardly surprising, but saddening all the same.

Edited by Swiss

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've read, the 3DS version has no multiplayer. I'm not sure about the Vita version.

I got this already on the PS3 (collector's edition), and absolutely love it, albeit in short bursts. I've been away from it for a while now, but I will have to get back to it again, since it's an extremely well-done game.

As of right now, I only have one more tooth thing to get and I'll be done with the game. (not 100%)

Good luck. If you've done them in order, know that the final Tricky Treasure is considerably easier in some respects compared to the Risky Ruins one. Nearly broke my thumb from all that swimming.

Needless to say, I love Rayman Origins. Got it for Christmas on the whim of Internet hype, quickly found that I would not play anything else, even with Skyward Sword sitting on my desk in all its special edition glory. It's been quite the long time since I remember receiving a game that kept me planted in my seat from hours on end whilst fully engaged with it.

Still trying to beat Livid Dead in one try. It's not happening.

Good luck. If you've done them in order, know that the final Tricky Treasure is considerably easier in some respects compared to the Risky Ruins one. Nearly broke my thumb from all that swimming.

Wait is that the one where your dealing with ice and those piranhas? I loved and hated that one sooo much. I had to get a second player just to beat it. The final was caught me off guard and now I'm taking a break from the game before I destroy something.

Wait is that the one where your dealing with ice and those piranhas? I loved and hated that one sooo much. I had to get a second player just to beat it. The final was caught me off guard and now I'm taking a break from the game before I destroy something.

That isn't the one but it also gives me nightmares. I was always too slow near the end, so I had to kinda cheat my way to victory by barely skimming the water and ice on the bottom. Don't think the developers saw that one. xP

The Risky Ruins one has you dealing with pirahnas, spikes, and ropes at first, and then the second half is just swimming downwards with moving canyon walls, jellyfish, and those worm-y things in the way. Failing in the ocean was soul-crushing because you couldn't comprehend how long the sucker was, so you had to do everything else over again and potentially so much more.

And for the final one, don't pay much attention to the spikey vines. They're just there to psych you out. 8P

So I noticed that the Steam page for Origins lists its DRM as "no 3rd party DRM." This sounds too good to be true. Has Ubisoft said anything directly about it, or are they lying through their teeth or something? I'm still not going to get this game on Steam until I hear from at least a dozen other people after it comes out that it's exactly what the page lists.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this game yesterday and have just finished playing through the main story for it, collecting every single skull tooth and electoon along the way, along with as many of those medals as I could, but I didn't fully go for it.

God damn, what a masterpiece. This has to be thebest $30 I've ever spent on a game. The controls, the level design, the freakin music, the fun facotr is through the roof. As insane as this may sound, I might chart this up to be my favorite game. And I had really high expectations, let me tell you. It grabbed those exprectations, threw them to the ground, and came up with something so, so much better. Still haven't tried Land of the Livid Dead though, but I've heard the music for it and it's glorious, my favorite music in the game.

The Risky Ruins one has you dealing with pirahnas, spikes, and ropes at first, and then the second half is just swimming downwards with moving canyon walls, jellyfish, and those worm-y things in the way. Failing in the ocean was soul-crushing because you couldn't comprehend how long the sucker was, so you had to do everything else over again and potentially so much more.

Edited by krazystitch

So there's this pretty cool rumor about a sequel to this awesome game:

Source: http://www.kotaku.com.br/la-vem-raym...isa-a-ubisoft/

In a brazilian game event called GameWorld 2012, in Sao Paulo, the director of Ubisoft Brasil, Bertrand Chaverot, confirmed that the sequel is set to be released later this year, will have portuguese subtitles and will cost R$ 129 (converting it would be around 70 USD). That would be R$ 30 (16 USD) more expensive than the first game (they published it here at R$ 99, which should be 54 USD, cheaper than the NA price of the game, 59 USD that is).

Earlier today, the same person said that Ubisoft Brasil would be investing R$ 500.000 (275 grand) on the Assassin's Creed III full localization (that is, portuguese-brazilian dubs and subs).

Where I pulled that quote from: http://forums.steamp....php?p=30097909

However, I went to the original article with Google Translate on and it had an update saying that Ubisoft deconfirmed it. But it also said that Ubisoft just didn't give a (definitive) name, price, or release date, so I'm confused as to whether this rumor is debunked or not (Or if it's just Google Translate being terrible as usual. Although, most of the artice was in plain, understandable english). And a lot of Brazil based gaming websites are reporting on this too, so I'm confused even further.

Anyone here speak Portuguese?

I really hope this is true though. I love me some Rayman, and Origins is tied with 3 as the best in the series for me.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

So there's this pretty cool rumor about a sequel to this awesome game:

Where I pulled that quote from: http://forums.steamp....php?p=30097909

However, I went to the original article with Google Translate on and it had an update saying that Ubisoft deconfirmed it. But it also said that Ubisoft just didn't give a (definitive) name, price, or release date, so I'm confused as to whether this rumor is debunked or not (Or if it's just Google Translate being terrible as usual. Although, most of the artice was in plain, understandable english). And a lot of Brazil based gaming websites are reporting on this too, so I'm confused even further.

Anyone here speak Portuguese?

I really hope this is true though. I love me some Rayman, and Origins is tied with 3 as the best in the series for me.

Me, let me get a look at it for a sec.

Edit: Ok, they only say that Ubisoft didn't confirm anything yet (name, price and translation thingy) and it will be probably revealed this year E3 at the 5th of June.

Also I hope it is translated to Portugal portuguese and not Brazilian portuguese, it is really weird sometimes even if it looks the same language.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Me, let me get a look at it for a sec.

Edit: Ok, they only say that Ubisoft didn't confirm anything yet (name, price and translation thingy) and it will be probably revealed this year E3 at the 5th of June.

Also I hope it is translated to Portugal portuguese and not Brazilian portuguese, it is really weird sometimes even if it looks the same language.

Ah thanks. So basically this is confirmed, but they didn't have any other details? If so, AWESOME. I can't wait to give Ubisoft more of my money.

If it's true I'm sort of surprised that a sequel is on it's way. The game really did not launch very well, mostly due to a pretty bad holiday period and poor advertising. That said there seems to have been enough cut content to easily be able to squeeze itself into a sequel, and it's something I've been hoping to come true. The scrapped scripts, stories and such can hopefully be realized for this game, and I hope to god that Mr. Dark gets the return he was supposed to have.

That said this news will still have crippled the chances of BG&E2 coming sooner and I was still hoping for a new 3D Rayman.

That said this news will still have crippled the chances of BG&E2 coming sooner and I was still hoping for a new 3D Rayman.

I think we all were, but hey, Origins 1 was great and the sequel will likely be of the same quality and this means that (If it's true) Rayman is back in full swing, which also means Rayman 4 is more likely to come sooner. I mean, they have to know that we want a new 3D Rayman by now, right?

I'm a little bit disappointed that we're still not getting a 3D Rayman...

Doesn't mean that this isn't is good news though! I heard Rayman Origins had a lot of scrapped stuff, so this would be a good opportunity to put them to use. I've really gotta pick up the first game sometime.

I've still got to get the first game, never mind a sequel XD I'm not sure what format to get it on, though. I'd like it on PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii for the co-op, but I'd also like to play it on the go on PS Vita or 3DS. Maybe I'll get both versions XD

I had already resigned myself to the possibility of the world never getting a direct sequel considering how the original underperformed, but this rumor raises some of my hopes. And it says it's supposed to come this year? Holy butternuts Batman, I feel that's sooner than expected! Consider me cautiously optimistic.

Hopefully this is a similar case to that of Super Mario Galaxy 2, in terms of quality and quantity pulled from scrapped ideas.

I think we all were,.........

Not all of us. I prefer the 2d Origins over the Classic 3d ones. Everything seemed more fun to me.

Hopefully this is a similar case to that of Super Mario Galaxy 2, in terms of quality and quantity pulled from scrapped ideas.

Just don't make it an inferior product like Galaxy 2 was. I found myself very disappointed.

By the way, Ubisoft replied to those news: "Rayman Origins 2? Não é bem assim"

That means Rayman Origins 2? It's not quite that.

Just don't make it an inferior product like Galaxy 2 was. I found myself very disappointed.

Well...Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my favourite ever game so I'm gonna have to disagree with you there lol. Still, you got what I meant, hopefully the ideas and things like Carbo mentioned (referring to Mr Dark and the like) will be able to fully carry a sequel.

Edited by Ringo ~

• 3 weeks later...