Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Rayman Legends Levels E3 Trailer

[media=]

I know I was not the only one expecting to see that little music thing in that trailer right?

Seems like the game looks/sounds like the demo did, which is really a shame. Won't get it then.

Did Europe even get it today? I decided against getting it, though. I mean, really, they screwed themselves with waiting until November in NA.

Did Europe even get it today? I decided against getting it, though. I mean, really, they screwed themselves with waiting until November in NA.

Yep, it arrived in Europe yesterday on schedule. Took a couple of photos in the Gamestation store by where I work today.

l6yz3.jpg

eGWhJ.jpg

Looks like you can't play as the Teensies in the 3DS version.

EDIT:

By the way, the game's menu icon is Rayman's head icon from in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good. I don't care if it's a timed release or gets more exclusive content or something, I just want to eventually be able to play it on other consoles, in my case on the PC.

I'd like it to be to be timed Wii U exclusive. The U needs everything possible to make it a must buy console, and this is one that will certainly appeal to gamers.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm assuming it'd be a timed exclusive. If it came to other consoles I'm assuming it would remove "Murphy" the fifth character. That might mean they'd have to rework some of the levels.

I'm assuming it'd be a timed exclusive. If it came to other consoles I'm assuming it would remove "Murphy" the fifth character. That might mean they'd have to rework some of the levels.

They should make him a regular character instead.

They should make him a regular character instead.

That defeats the purpose of Murphy being Murphy.

That defeats the purpose of Murphy being Murphy.

Well, it would be better than playing as 2 clone Teenesis...

We still have that Viking girl, not sure if playable though.

Edited by Tmsp

Levels should be reworked already to account for single player on WiiU. Besides, this didn't start development as an exclusive either - tablet features are an additional gimmick on top of the core design.

Can't imagine they'd want you to stop directly controlling Rayman to deal with secondary screen touch nonsense, not when letting go of the d-pad in Origins' later stages was a death sentence.

Considering how much they flaunted Murphy and the Wii U Gamepad at E3, he wouldn't just be used in a couple levels on top of the main story mode that they could easily cut from other consoles without much of a commotion. Of course they haven't really said much on Rayman Legends other than the Wii U features and that it'll be a launch title, so for all we know they could release it for other consoles three months after the Wii U launch with half the levels switched out.

I'm just thinking that unless they want to release a game with a lot less content than the Wii U version, they may want to find a way to incorporate Murphy in some other way on other systems.

Well, it would be better than playing as 2 clone Teenesis...

We still have that Viking girl, not sure if playable though.

Murfy's point as a character is to be an assistant, hence ‘The Flying Encyclopedia. I don't like the Teensies (or anything from Rayman 2 actually) but Murfy as a regular character wouldn't make sense. Also the Teensies are hardly clones...

Considering they're out to make money, it would make sense for them to keep the option open. I do wonder how much Murphy actually plays into the game considering the possibility, though.

Murfy's point as a character is to be an assistant, hence ‘The Flying Encyclopedia. I don't like the Teensies (or anything from Rayman 2 actually) but Murfy as a regular character wouldn't make sense. Also the Teensies are hardly clones...

They aren't?

Never used any of these guys but I always thought they just recycled the same animations only with different colours/costumes.

Technically all the characters are clones, they just look a bit different.

The Teensies are quite literal clones tho'. They play exactly the same.

Technically all the characters are clones, they just look a bit different.

The Teensies are quite literal clones tho'. They play exactly the same.

Yeah, all have the same moveset.

I was talking about animations.

Looking at this video again:[media=]

At 4:39 (and a later point in the video) we see Rayman and Globox start running at slightly seperate times from a few feet away from eachother. Globox is ahead, but Rayman catches up immediately so that both players can keep their speedrun synchronized.

If you guys played the first game in co-op you might have had players getting left behind for one reason or another, but it looks like they solved that problem. That is awesome.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good news, there will be Single Player & Co-Op specific (Murphy) levels!

The level I played was entirely reliant on both Rayman and myself to get through to the end. Ubisoft is saying that there will be specific levels designed around co-op, and separate levels for single players.

So it seems like there will be a separate campaign for levels designed around Murphy, and levels designed for Rayman and his friends.

Yes!

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder what they mean by "seperate levels." Will they be the same levels altered depending on how players choose to play? For example, could you play another version of the demo level without Murphy where sets that need him are changed?

• 1 month later...

This is one of those sequels that will make the original feel so inferior by comparison.

• Thumbs Up 2