Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Is it... is it bad that I will buy a Wii U in a heartbeat just for this game?

Ha, no. I actually would do the same, but I was going to buy it either way.

I actually really think this game was the highlight of the conferences I saw. They did an excellent job presenting it. I mean if you've played the first game, especially in co-op, you'll know how hard it is to coordinate something like that. Meanwhile the guy playing Far Cry 3 messed up a few times.

I don't know, I'm still thinking timed exclusive with Wii U exclusive features, but it will end up on other platforms without Murphy and the toy scanner. PS3 will probably support tilt controls, MS will use triggers. Reason I think it's a temporary exclusive is because of how both Ubi press releases read for ZombiU and Legends:

Today, at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Ubisoft challenged gamers to find out how long they can survive in the dilapidated, infected world of ZombiU – a new survival-horror game that will be released exclusively for Nintendo’s Wii U TM. ZombiU headlines a group of seven titles from Ubisoft that will be available for the Nintendo Wii U TM.

Today at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Ubisoft® revealed Rayman Legends, a brand new platforming adventure with innovative social features for the Nintendo Wii U TM.

Note that "exclusive" was not stated in the press release. Only time "exclusive" came up, from what I've seen, is this interview: http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/04/why-ubisoft-is-pouring-a-lot-of-resources-into-wii-u-games-interview/

So it could be exclusive, based on Xavier's words, but the press release seems to say otherwise.

I recall when Child of Eden was announced, there were mixed messages over whether it was 360 exclusive of a timed exclusive. Same for PS3's Virtua Tennis 4 which seemed almost entirely exclusive until SEGA was like "ohh, alright, it IS coming to 360."

I dunno, the level design looks like it's built around using Murphy and I don't know how that can be done comfortably on the other two consoles.

I dunno, the level design looks like it's built around using Murphy and I don't know how that can be done comfortably on the other two consoles.

I'm assuming Murphy's totally optional, consdiering in the demo he was a second player.

Also, in the video they mentioned that player one was only using the Wii U Pro, and if it weren't possible to not use the tablet, they wouldn't allow that functionality.

...AGAIN, stop saying Rayman Origins bombed, officials SAID it turned a profit and looks like its gonna be a long time seller:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/40327/2D_throwback_Rayman_Origins_proves_profitable_for_Ubisoft.php

People who're saying Rayman Origins BOMBED and did TERRIBLE, look at this will ya? IT DIDN'T.

That article said "long term" seller. That would normally mean that the game did not sell too hot initially. Plus, companies always say stuff like this to please their investors. In a sense: this article proves very little.

...AGAIN, stop saying Rayman Origins bombed, officials SAID it turned a profit and looks like its gonna be a long time seller:

http://www.gamasutra...for_Ubisoft.php

People who're saying Rayman Origins BOMBED and did TERRIBLE, look at this will ya? IT DIDN'T.

I goddamn hate to be the one discussing sales (ew) but 50k across three main platforms is goddamn abysmal. IIRC, THQ's Udraw thing did 4x that and it was considered bad - it actually is one of the main issues THQ is dying.

Origins dropped in price like a rock too. If they managed (or plan to) recoup the investment made afterwards with the combined effort of the six platforms the game is now on, good. It still did terribly.

I mean, c'mon. Surely the fact that they'd be willing to temporarily forfeit a shitload of plaforms with +50million users each in exchange for an unknown quantity with an install base of zero right now speaks volumes.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I goddamn hate to be the one discussing sales (ew) but 50k across three main platforms is goddamn abysmal. IIRC, THQ's Udraw thing did 4x that and it was considered bad - it actually is one of the main issues THQ is dying.

Origins dropped in price like a rock too. If they managed (or plan to) recoup the investment made afterwards with the combined effort of the six platforms the game is now on, good. It still did terribly.

Rayman Origins broke the million a long time ago.

When they're still churning out a profit even after the price cut, it's not doing terrible. Even if a game sells over a million it doesn't mean it's churning actual profit, and the inverse applies.

I'm assuming Murphy's totally optional, consdiering in the demo he was a second player.

The level design looked like you needed him, though. I assume in multiplayer a second person can take over the duties, freeing player 1 from them.

I understand why this game is an exclusive but that doesn't mean I'm going to like it.

There's no other game that's pushing me to get a Wii-U, so I guess I'm just going to miss out on this for a while. Fuck.

The level design looked like you needed him, though. I assume in multiplayer a second person can take over the duties, freeing player 1 from them.

But it's got drop-in drop-out multiplayer. Taking that into consideration, the only player with the Wii U controller (P2 in that case) probably didn't have to be playing.

Now obviously it looks like controller can do a ton of stuff but I'm not sure if it's 100% mandated.

It's possible that there could be changes made to the game or specific levels for when the Wii U Game Pad is in play but, who knows.

Pfft It's obvious Ubisoft did this so that Nintendo would have to put Rayman in Super Smash Bros. Brouhaha

Actually, it WOULD be pretty cool if Rayman was in the next Super Smash Brothers.

What if Nintendo and Ubi are giving us hints. Rayman Legends an exclusive title....smash bros has not be officially announce or shown off.......Ubi+NES relationship. Guys I'm getting a good vibe here.

What if Nintendo and Ubi are giving us hints. Rayman Legends an exclusive title....smash bros has not be officially announce or shown off.......Ubi+NES relationship. Guys I'm getting a good vibe here.

RAYMAN CONFIRMED FOR PLAYSTATION-ALL STARS!

• Thumbs Up 6

Rayman would be a very great addition to Brawl.

Hey, what's going on with Mega Man these days? I've never really been a big fan of the franchise. Is he dead? Can we expect him in *fail erasing edit* Smash hopefully like Rayman or Sonic?

Edited by SuperJXJ

Brawl came out in 2008.

OH. FREAKING CRAP.

My bad, sometimes I automatically say "Brawl" instead of Smash, lol.

Rayman Origins 3DS is still coming out in the UK tomorrow according to GAME Newcastle.

Out tomorrow, Rayman Origins 3DS and Game of Thrones for PS3, XBox and PC. Don't forget it's the last week for extra 25% on trade-ins!

— GAME Newcastle (@GAMENewcastle)

June 7, 2012

Wait what? Because Rayman Origins has been delayed until 3rd Quarter 2012.

Are you telling me that was for the US only? What kind of shit sense does that make?

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rayman 3DS is basically the Wii Version

http://nintendoeverything.com/75368/rayman-origins-3ds-basically-the-same-as-the-wii-version/

And here's a kicker, You know how Europe gets Rayman 3DS tomorrow yet Americans have to wait till November right? Well here's why

http://nintendoeverything.com/90971/ubisoft-delayed-rayman-origins-3ds-because-it-wasn%E2%80%99t-the-right-window/

The 3DS version of Rayman Origins is done. The thing is, Ubisoft is just sitting on the game, waiting for it to be released.

Rayman Origins 3DS is now scheduled for November 2012.

Regarding the delay, Ubisoft senior vice president of sales and marketing Tony Key said:

“Rayman 3DS is coming out in November. It will probably be coinciding with the Wii U version. It’s absolutely going to ship. They already made the game.”

It doesn’t sound like Ubisoft will be taking the extra time to improve the game. The delay is simply a matter of promoting Rayman Legends. According to Key, Ubisoft “decided it wasn’t the right window” and “want to better align it with the communication around the next Rayman.”

Okay....so they delay the game in NA only, just to promote Legends (which they just basically confirmed is coming out near Novemeber, along with Wii-U). Thing is though.....Why only in NA? I don't understand that, nor do I understand the reasoning behind promoting a new game by releasing the old game around the exact same time.

• Thumbs Up 1

So to the casual consumer who doesn't really get the difference between the two titles, they have the following choices come November:

Getting a $40 game for a handheld console that's been out for quite some time

versus

Getting a more-than-$40 game for a brand new console that just hit shelves

Logic