Awoo.

Sonic Adventure PSN/XBLA Port

Guest -FourKaySix-

Dear Sega, would you kindly start releasing stuff on the PSN.

Signed, a potential multi-million dollar market that would by this toot.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hey all!

So I think I've sorted some important things out. I may be wrong, but I'm probably right. ;)

The game will be downloadable as Sonic Adventure, with the Dreamcast title screens and all the features found in the Dreamcast original (however the character models will be from DX). The total achievement score of the basic game will be 200G

Sonic Adventure DX will be available as DLC. DX will change the title screen and menus to the ones found in DX. Additions will include the 60 missions and Metal Sonic (whether he is available from the start or must be unlocked with 130 emblems is unknown). Downloading DX will allow players to receive an additional 50G.

How do I think I know this? Well, we've seen both DX and Dreamcast menu screens in leaked footage. DLC is confirmed per the Dreamcast-style title screen. The usual XBLA release is 200G achievement score, however SA has 250G. The last three achievements total 50G and are DX specific (Emblems, Metal Sonic, missions).

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Dear Sega, would you kindly start releasing stuff on the PSN.

Signed, a potential multi-million dollar market that would by this toot.

Many websites are reporting that it is coming out on PSN

You've got to keep in mind that not even SEGA has announced this game yet xD

Many websites are reporting that it is coming out on PSN

You've got to keep in mind that not even SEGA gas announced this game yet xD

I thought that they had as that review?

Oh well... who knows... Sega works in mysterious ways... Mind you I hope that we get some kind of Home items.

Is absolutely nothing Sonic related sacred?

Apparently not, it seems :P

Anyways, footage is looking pretty nice. The models look better than they did in DX, hopefully this will be a worthy re-release of Sonic Adventure. Not that I can get it, only owning a Wii an' all, but I like to see Sonic getting some love whatever system he's on.

Also, MORE unlockable Sonic-themed costumes for avatars? Why oh why cannot Miis share the same glory... :(

Edited by Doctor MK

Good news it's (hopefully) coming to XBLA and even better news is that it seems to run very smoothly. Definitely a game I want for my X360, besides Sonic The Hedgehog 4 of course. :P

Edited by Peter

There's no way it isn't coming to the 360. :) The real question is the PS3. Also, the price. My guess is 1200 points for the game, 320 points for the DLC.

I'm pretty certain this (and Crazy Taxi) will be available on PSN. It might be a month late and cost more ( <_< ), but it'll be there.

Edited by SykoTech

I don't get why SEGA don't release all of their XBLA titles to PSN, all of their old games released come under the SEGA Vintage Collection title which makes sense on XBLA since there are alot of releases but theres barely any on PSN. I bought Gunstar Heroes on PSN which is under the SEGA Vintage Collection title there too but it just looks bizarre since there's barely any of these SEGA games on PSN to call a 'collection'.

I don't get why SEGA don't release all of their XBLA titles to PSN, all of their old games released come under the SEGA Vintage Collection title which makes sense on XBLA since there are alot of releases but theres barely any on PSN. I bought Gunstar Heroes on PSN which is under the SEGA Vintage Collection title there too but it just looks bizarre since there's barely any of these SEGA games on PSN to call a 'collection'.

It could be as easy as that Microsoft payed SEGA for exklusive content...Though Wii owners can play old MegaDrive games, i bet it's just that SEGA does not care.

Here is another clip of the XBLA-port. Click fast before SEGA removes it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrKNcil3Gfk

(Damn i hate that glossy DX model..Why just not port the Dreamcast models?)

Edited by Michael Myers

Here is another clip of the XBLA-port. Click fast before SEGA removes it!

Huh. That video uses the DX start screen instead of the DC one, like in the early leaks. At first I thought they just changed it during development, but now I'm starting to believe Doctor Eggman's theory.

Unfortunately I clicked on this thread at the wrong time, since the thread creator appears to be re-uploading it. But I found this on Youtube:

I can tell it's a port/edit of the PC version because of the way the water in Emerald Coast looks.

EDIT: Dammit, I was kinda beaten by a few posts above me. It's a shame that the Wii doesn't get PC games as DLC. Even though this isn't the DC version, I've always wondered what the original Sonic Adventure was like. I have the Gamecube version.

EDIT: I haven't seen the newer videos, but according to Doctor Eggman, it's a port of the PC version with edited title screen? I wish the Gamecube version was like that... the original logo looks much more awesome than the DX logo.

Edited by Chaos Rush

Guest Jordan-4K6

First posted updated with a download link to the MP4 video file.

Also, a big rumour is that this port is cancelled.

• Thumbs Up 1

Canceled? While I doubt that, I'm not gonna cry over it. It was a sucky port anyway.

If this game were gonna be revived, it should be by someone willing to do it justice and actually fix up the bugs and add worthwhile features and such.

Can I see a source btw?

OH, and I'd rather have Sonic Adventure 2 Battle ported with online vs ANYWAY.

EDIT: Also online Chao Features.

EDIT2: Oh and for the love of Primus, Light Dash mapped to a button that ISN'T THE STINKIN BOUNCE ATTACK!

Edited by Aquaslash

i've seen from numerous sources that this and other dreamcast games will come to the psn.

DX is a piece though, if i download DX and the DLC and then it plays like DX...as in slower framerate, worse camera, etc. imma be ticked.

and i wouldn't doubt that it's cancelled....the first evidence behind it's existence was leaked...like what...a year ago? and they still haven't said anything about it...seems odd to me.

however, maybe they're waiting for sonic's 20th anniversary =P

I don't know, I doubt they would be bothering to remove videos of the game if they didn't care about it and had already canceled it.

I think this is good of SEGA putting this on the arcade system of the 360. The achievments wont be that good anyway. It will be handy if people don't have a GameCube or Dreamcast. If this is a success then there could be a chance to see Sonic Adventure 2 on there. Would be cool to see if these games that were released over a decade ago look like if they could have HD graphics. I just hope SEGA can get other old SOnic games on the Arcade list.

Edited by Super Yoshi

It looks nicer than I expected, the textures in the original weren't too shabby but now they're really sharp generally blend well. The models haven't been changed a huge deal, but the shading on them is a whole lot better - Sonic looks less like a stuffed toy. Even if they don't go the whole nine yards and make it widescreen, I'm glad they're making something of an effort. It's worth keeping in mind that keeping nostalgic faults intact actually went down pretty well with the Banjo-Kazooie ports; I suppose the blurry textures and simple models just added to the charm. This is why, even if they do end up redoing the cutscenes/lip-sync; this simply must stay:

wujw4i.png

Anyway, I don't see SEGA canceling - there's too much potential money to be made, what with so many often calling it the only good 3D Sonic game. Interest will definitely be there.

It looks nicer than I expected, the textures in the original weren't too shabby but now they're really sharp generally blend well. The models haven't been changed a huge deal, but the shading on them is a whole lot better - Sonic looks less like a stuffed toy. Even if they don't go the whole nine yards and make it widescreen, I'm glad they're making something of an effort. It's worth keeping in mind that keeping nostalgic faults intact actually went down pretty well with the Banjo-Kazooie ports; I suppose the blurry textures and simple models just added to the charm. This is why, even if they do end up redoing the cutscenes/lip-sync; this simply must stay:

wujw4i.png

Anyway, I don't see SEGA canceling - there's too much potential money to be made, what with so many often calling it the only good 3D Sonic game. Interest will definitely be there.

That face is just priceless. It has to go down in history as the weirdest face Sonic has made since his first adventure game over a decade ago on the DC. His face does not looka s bad on the GameCube version. But it is very retarded. There aren't a lot in SA2, but I skip a lot of the cutscenes.

It has to go down in history as the weirdest face Sonic has made since his first adventure game over a decade ago on the DC.

Clearly you haven't seen this then:

opb053editcur0060.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Technically that doesn't count since Sonic's "WTF RAEP" face was toned down in the final version of Unleashed.

If a release of Sonic Adventure is really coming to XBLA, what we've seen so far isn't anything to be excited about. I personally would love to see the original DC version instead of the DX version (GC/PC), but fitted for 16:9 widescreen and HD presentation. Though, I can see that being a problem in terms of the relatively few CG cutscenes in the game. I don't know, DX did improve the graphics somewhat, but the character models just looked too stiff and even more awkward. So as far as it stands now, there's really nothing worth buying this version for me.

How would you guys feel if Sonic Adventure was completely remade (keeping the structure obviously the same though), but with the modern graphical look (Hedgehog Engine, possibly)? I think it would be very interesting to see, just to make the presentation look a heck of a lot better. :)

Edited by Spyne

What would be the point of a mere graphic update? If you're going to remake something you may as well go the extra mile and blow the original out of the water, did HGSS teach us nothing?

You can't argue that Adventure is too perfect or meaningful to recieve a proper remake either because well, no game ever was a sacred as GSC before HGSS were released.