Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

There's literally less cutscenes with Capcom characters than Marvel characters. Morrigan is cut out, Seth Killian assuming cleavage.

I saw 50/50. Morrigan was just attacking iron man with bats.

Commercial opens with Wolverine > Shows Ryu > Wolverine > Ryu > Wolverine > Hulk > CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS > IronMan > Dante and Deadpool > Spider-Man > Mag-Freakin-Neto > Capt. America > Thor > IronMan (Gameplay) > Deadpool and Dante again, which switches to Chris > Deadpool and Viewtiful Joe.

Morrigan was nowhere in site unless you count her bats, which I don't cuz no one is really gonna recognize her through that unless that scene was seen prior.

Yea, thats definitely 50/50[/sarcasm]

There's literally less cutscenes with Capcom characters than Marvel characters. Morrigan is cut out, Seth Killian assuming cleavage.

Tsk, tsk... when will people realize boobs are a reality and we live with them everyday :P

Edited by LunarEdge

For why the commercial is mainly Marvel, I'd sy because to the American consumer, most people who don't know two shits about this game may pick it up due to Spidey and pals. As for Morrigan's cleavage theory for her absence in the commercial, allow me to explain through the Old Spice school of thought...

Hello men, how are you. Fantastic. Look at your girlfriend/friend who is a girl/some random ass girl on the street, now back to me, now back to her, now back to me, NOW BACK TO HER, NOW BACK HERE. Men have flat chests (most of the time), but women have these things called "Breasts" and they are not going anywhere. Don't believe me, look at someone else, chances are that they have boobs, and look over there, why, she has them too! It's amazing to know how some people can just overreact on some simple little things, in the hopes that it will be "family friendly", when in reality, they are just overprotecting the young people from the stuff they will learn about sooner or later, and the parents just being, well, parents. Look up, now back down, what's in your hand, it's a copy of the game you'd get anyway, cleavage or no cleavage, and you will sit down, play it, and enjoy it. Wait, now look at me, now back to your hand, the game is now diamonds, and you will use these diamonds to pay for said game upon it's release.

edit-diamonds not included

Yeah, total nonsense, but in short, probably due to paranoid parents seeing this and when their kid asks for it, the parents will say no and that they are too young, if said suggested reason is true. I just got bored and felt like explaining it like so. So I can see why the reason was suggested. Why I feel it was removed? No damn clue. Probably to emphasize Marvel to the average american consumer.

Edited by GameFarnsworth940
  • Thumbs Up 1

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds' Facebook page has just put up a teaser silhouette of a character that doesn't resemble any of the leaked cast members. (Gouki, Lei-Lei, Sentinel, Taskmaster)

Geez, there are only 30 days until launch. Slow character reveals are frustrating, aren't they? Like if you agree! ;P

163261_176925642345948_114724748566038_355763_2799623_n.jpg

What is this madness?! I suggest you all go "Like" that. Maybe stuff will happen.

Edited by HunterTSF

Taskmaster and Akuma Officially revealed:

TaskMaster (No Youtube as of yet)

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/01/17/marvel-vs-capcom-3taskmaster-introduction-trailer?objectid=70921

Akuma:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/01/17/marvel-vs-capcom-3-akuma-introduction-trailer?objectid=70921

I love TaskMaster's intro "You are the Ass-Kickee and I am the Ass-Kicker!"

It seems as though Taskmaster is sporting some moves of the characters already in the game, such as Spider-Man's Web-Swing and Capt. America's Charging Star for example. It also seems as though he can reflect projectiles.

Akuma is significantly different as well. His ground specials seem to be his shoryuken special from MvC2 and a barrage of Hadoukens while his aerial special is like Ryu's Special Hadouken but can be angled (or has a set angle) downwards. Also, like always, he is sporting the ranging demon. Akuma actually makes me a bit happier seeing how he doesn't seem like a blatant copy of Ryu with a few add-ons.

ALSO, if you notice in the Akuma video, when he is fighting Doom on that Meteor like stage, the Time indicator says "Eart Limit," above the time and it says "Save the Earth" under the time. ALSO, he only seems to be fighting that metallic Doom, there is no other team members and a weird gauge (life gauge maybe?) to the right of the screen. Final boss confirmed?

Edited by LunarEdge

Dat Bronx accent

j8e2ag.png

STORY MODO

EDIT: Unlocking criteria for Akuma and Tasky confirmed. Also confirms that there are only two more characters left to confirm.

ITS OVER GUYS. LUPINKO IS LEGIT. EVERYONE GO HOME. NO MEGAMAN OR FRANK WEST.

Also is that Steven Blum voicing Taskmaster? If so holy shit Deadpool on Taskmaster, Nolan North on Steve Blum sexiness.

Edited by Carbo

Also is that Steven Blum voicing Taskmaster? If so holy shit Deadpool on Taskmaster, Nolan North on Steve Blum sexiness.

Sounds like him actually. I wouldn't doubt it if it was him :P

Edited by LunarEdge

Two more slots in the character roster, eh?

*Crosses fingers for Mega Man DLC cross-promotion for the release of Mega Man Universe.*

;)

Whoa.

Did Taskmaster just reflect Zero's projectile and slice up Haggar before shooting him the back?

Awesome!

@CSS: Well Taskmaster does have photographic reflexes, I'd like to think half of his abilities are very efficient for punishing moves and characters. It should be interesting picking him up. My main team still stands as Spencer / Deadpool / Hsien-Ko though, Spencer for the grappling and long-distance one-man army comboing, Hsien-Ko for the projectiles and assist, Deadpool for mixups and balance.

Edited by Carbo

Hell yeah, Taskmaster! I was looking forward to him once the leak grew more ground. I am not disappointed!

I love how the accent doesn't seem to work with his design.(Even though he is from Brooklyn so fogetaboutit!) But because of that, it's works and makes things even more awesome! I lost it when he said "Secret move!" and did that awesome counter! Plus, how his moves are true to his copying nature. Love it!

Akuma's cool too. And man, is he on speed or what?

Anyway, here's the Youtube footage of the introduction trailers.

Man, those songs are awesome! Taskmaster's Theme has to be one of my favorites so far. Sucks that we'll have to wait around a week for the site to update the theme. Oh well, I'll deal because I know what I'm waiting for.

Edited by YoshiUnity for Mayor!

I'm glad they finally decided to differentiate Akuma from Ryu this time around. And my god look how much damage he does, and that's only from combos.

With great power comes great responsibility

With great damage comes greatshitty healthbar.

Good ol' Akuma for ya.

Taskmaster is interesting, truth be told, and I'm kind of glad for the unlocks that it is with ingame points, as opposed to Tatsunoko VS Capcom with meeting requirements to get (granted that's free, but still can be a chore. Not in that game though, not at all.). I do like the approaches done to separate them somewhat, and being able to deflect projectiles with Taskmaster reminds me of Karas in TvC a little. Me likes this update, now get me mah mango sentinal and my thesis will be complete. Also, boo on no Mega Man of any sort.