Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Volnutt isn't really classic Mega Man though. The only game I can think having a good impact on him is Mega Man 9. 10 is just a cash-in on a one-hit wonder.

In other news I was on the Vegas secret event stream and here's some quick things I caught up when it comes to characters.

- Grappling is a far more viable tactic in this game

- Super-Skrull is a massively powerful character and air-dashing will more than likely be more frequent when it comes to fighting him. His stretch throw covers so much ground. He has low mobility though.

- Deadpool is a character that dominates the air, kind of like Cable

- Storm is ridiculous. Her chip damage, especially on Level 3 X-Factor Hail Storm is fucking insane. Deadpool has some of these chip-damage traits as well

- MODOK is incredibly awkward, he can't jump. He just floats. Will have a huge learning curve

- Dante is a good beginner character

- Chun-Li is incredibly hard to read when she goes Level 3 X-Factor, one of the more impressive cases

- Arthur is awkward as well due to no dash and hard-to-read projectiles which will make him pretty hard to take into serious account

- Magneto is a good all-rounder, doesn't get much damage from an OTG shockwave

- V. Joe's biggest strength will come from his overheads and slow-mo super, right now he's a sleeper character. The Slow super needs to be worn out by the character in the field of battle, so you can't cheat out from it by tagging out cause the affected character will keep it when he's tagged out, and it's even in effect during assists. Very interesting

- Thor is probably the worst character as of now because his main need of needing to drag in his opponents to get in good moves isn't supported by any extra moves

- Amaterasu is insane, and is probably the biggest contender for top-tier status, but very few will most likely use her due to a massive learning curve with her stances

- Wesker will definitely give newcomers a hell of a time, mostly due to his teleporting

- Keits and J.Wong are interested and sees quite some unused potential in Spencer, but not many people are using him right now

- Spider-Man has a floaty jump, almost Dhalsim-like. This turned Keits off

The tournament winner was Marn with C. Viper / Zero / Dante , with second place being J. Wong with Storm / Trish / Chun-Li. Keits tied third with TrophyClub. Not sure what team Keits used in the last round cause I went off halfway through, but the last team I saw him with was MODOK / Chun-Li / Deadpool, and he stated prior before the stream that Deadpool and Chun-Li are his current picks if he'd ever play for the win. TrophyClub's team was MODOK / Morrigan / Amaterasu. I'm catching up on the stream now so I'll add some stuff if there's new stuff.

Anyway more news from Lupinko. I guess spoiler tagging it at this point is pretty unnecessary.

>Taskmaster Super 1: He shoots a massive barrage of arrows straight forward

>Taskmaster Super 2: It's a super counter

>Taskmaster's launcher is Stars & Stripes, when he throws you, he says "Judo throw!"

>and after doing that in his regular throw, he shoots you with a gun

>He apparently shoots his opponent when he's on the ground during his judo throw, like he's upside down with his back from the throw

>When he does his webswing, he uses a grappling hook obviously

>He has a lot of special moves, but only 2 supers

>In his taunt, he says "Is that all the moves ya got?"

>He's very hunched forward

>He has a New York accent, my source isn't too good with New York accents, but it's safe to assume it would be a Bronx one, hi

>Sentinel is pretty faithful to his older incarnation

>Sentinel apparently has regained COTA levels of detail/animation again

>Hsien-ko info: For her item throw special of various miscellaneous items, there is a random chance that one of the items is a bomb

>Oh right I confirmed that her EX Special, the one other than Tenraiha and Chuukudan is also in the game as a super

>For people familiar with Vampire Savior, basically they integrated Leilei's EX Special into her regular Special

>She still has her reflect, and can still run in the air as well her hopping teleport dash

Also apparently he confirms that Sentinel and Hsien-Ko are both unlockables, which means that at this point we've already seen all characters that are in the roster from the start. Urgh, lame.

Edited by Carbo

if they actually had some sense to include a certain spiky-haired idiot lawyer.

...my body would not be ready.

Wonder if MODOK will turn out better than folks think he will?

Well seeing as I love M.O.D.O.K and my usual team has been ruined (<_< Thank you Marvel Vs Capcom 3 staff very much <_<) I think I shall be using him along with Deadpool, and for my third.........well if Hsien Ko is in like it seems she might be then probably her.

Cool somewhat very expected addition of Phoenix to the cast, dunno who Haggar is though, looks like um.......a boring Zangief?

Still waiting on Gambit :angry:

Edited by The-Master-Board

Oh boy, Mega Man's not in the game. Tron Bonne's presence is never unwelcomed, but Zero? Come on. I love his games but I'm sick of that guy showing up everywhere.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's fucking put off by this. I know that this game is being filled to the brim with exciting characters, but not having the classic blue guy is just... ugh. I don't know what Capcom is thinking, honestly.

To say nothing of Roll's apparent absence. I don't care which Megaman they put in this game (As long as it's not Starforce or ZX) but if neither are in this game, then this is gonna be a rental, more or less.

^Haggar came before Zangief, bro.

That may be true, but it isn't an argument for him being any less boring :lol:

I kid but I just like Zangief better considering I've never even heard of this guy and he seems pretty much just like Zangief except not Russian and without cool chest hair.

I still stand by my comments that this game is still lacking a certain cajun card throwing mutant.

I kid but I just like Zangief better considering I've never even heard of this guy and he seems pretty much just like Zangief except not Russian and without cool chest hair.

Also in-canon, Haggar is Zangief's idol.

It's especially odd that they put Zero over Classic, because fan-favorite or not, the series he appeared in hasn't gotten a game in years, while Classic still has an upcoming game (Universe), and Volnutt, who was also in TvC, also has an upcoming game, though there's already Tron for a Legends rep.

To say nothing of Roll's apparent absence. I don't care which Megaman they put in this game (As long as it's not Starforce or ZX) but if neither are in this game, then this is gonna be a rental, more or less.

Dunno why you would worry about that, considering both of those series ended early/were cancelled due to poor sales, so there's really no reason for Capcom to reference either of them ever again outside of anniversary artwork.

It's especially odd that they put Zero over Classic, because fan-favorite or not, the series he appeared in hasn't gotten a game in years, while Classic still has an upcoming game (Universe), and Volnutt, who was also in TvC, also has an upcoming game, though there's already Tron for a Legends rep.

Zero and Tron were Inafune's personal picks. As far as I'm aware, he doesn't give a shit about Megaman at all anymore. He was only excited to work on Legends 3 but he quit Capcom, so clearly he wasn't excited enough.

Dunno why you would worry about that, considering both of those series ended early/were cancelled due to poor sales, so there's really no reason for Capcom to reference either of them ever again outside of anniversary artwork.

actually SF is still being made, the latest coming out roughly last year being Rockman.Exe operation Starforce. ZX I believe has ended already.

I personally hate it when people say things like this. No offense but it sounds like whining to me. Give me "This" or I won't get the game. It's one character out of a whole new platter of characters. DLC is still an option even though I doubt they'll include Classic in any DLC list but only time will tell (hoping there is some sort of classic MvC character list including Megaman and others like Capt. Commando and etc.) I mained Classic MM in MvC2 and I'm not complaining. I'm just happy to have my Zero from TvC :D

Edited by LunarEdge

actually SF is still being made, the latest coming out roughly last year being Rockman.Exe operation Starforce. ZX I believe has ended already.

Well, I've read that Capcom wasn't satisfied with SF2's sales, so they had the series end at 3, also Operation Shooting Star was an almost unchanged port of BN1 to the DS with a few extra chips and one extra scenario, so I would't really count that. On the subject of ZX, Advent had a secret http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=588vwybTb2s, but it didn't sell well enough in Japan, so no sequel.

You know what's funny? Supposedly, ZXA needed to sell 100,000 to get a sequel, but in the end only sold about 90,000. On an unrelated note, it sold over 200,000 in the US.

Edited by Ekaje

To say nothing of Roll's apparent absence.

Eh.

I like Roll (as a character), but I'm like "whateverrrrrr" at her lack of appearance in this game. In fact, I forgot she was gone. Besides, Tron Bonne is better, and she is LOOKS legal so it makes it okay for me to play as her without getting weird looks. Right on!

And if "Mega Man not belonging in the game" is an issue, then they could have used X instead and I would be content. And by this I mean not DLC.

Eh.

I like Roll (as a character), but I'm like "whateverrrrrr" at her lack of appearance in this game. In fact, I forgot she was gone. Besides, Tron Bonne is better, and she is LOOKS legal so it makes it okay for me to play as her without getting weird looks. Right on!

True. But it's be fun to see a character like Roll beat the everloving crap out of characters like Wolverine and Akuma, just to see the look on everyone's faces. XD

And if "Mega Man not belonging in the game" is an issue, then they could have used X instead and I would be content. And by this I mean not DLC.

Eh, I don't have a problem with DLC in and of itself. It's when you have to pay for DLC to unlock stuff that's already on the disc that rubs me the wrong way. Stuff like that should be free. (Come to think of it, DLC in general should be free. Unless it's something big like an expansion.)

Also in-canon, Haggar is Zangief's idol.

If that is his theme song in the game then I will like him 10 times more!

Eh, I don't have a problem with DLC in and of itself. It's when you have to pay for DLC to unlock stuff that's already on the disc that rubs me the wrong way. Stuff like that should be free. (Come to think of it, DLC in general should be free. Unless it's something big like an expansion.)

Pretty much agree with this, though I hate DLC. Some of us are unable to get the net for our consoles so we have to miss out on stuff? Just make a full game and don't ransom more money out of us for the extra stuff. MVC2 had many characters and now they're gonna make the sequel with significantly less characters then charge us for more?! Get out of here jerks!

Will be super pissed if Gambit ends up being DLC.

On-disc DLC is never that much of a frequent occurrence though. That Shuma/Jill leak is just a prep code for when the characters do get released, which is about a month post-launch, so they're not Day-One and certainly not on the disc.

Actually I have to believe that, the old KLennox guy on twitter who got removed but later debunked on the grounds that no Jump Festa announcments were had, was probably right on quite some accounts, but either lost in translation somewhere, or Capcom found out about it, cause everything else he said was in line with what Lupinko revealed. Shuma-Gorath allegedly, was on the disc to begin with, but was removed due to Frank West having been removed due to technical issues, and there had to be an empty spot from Marvel to even out the characters. Jill was then made later along the line, but I doubt that any of them are completed.

Honestly DLC isnt such a bad thing, the preconception that we're "paying for extra content to unlock an incompete game" is bull. If we'd rather have them extend release dates every time they get a new idea, incentive to polish or character to put in, it'd cost us our patience and them precious time and money (I'm looking at you, Gran Turismo 5). Sure one can bitch about stuff being overpriced, but creators have to set deadlines, and DLC is just another way to add things into the game that they wanted in but couldn't make into the cut. Payed for things, but extras nonetheless.

MvC3 goes for £32.86 on ShopTo.net and the comic tie-in is included /shadzter

2ihqqtz.jpg

The comic sketches are real, as such Galactus and Taskmaster are practically confirmed. Way to go, Capcom!

I figured Galactus would be the final boss.

I want to know if he's gonna transform into anything after the first round =P

I want to know if he's gonna transform into anything after the first round =P

He's gonna sit in his chair and toggle some switches

• Thumbs Up 2

Double Post...

Character select details:

linky linky linky linky

You can pick random characters (meaning your whole team can be random)

You can back out of character choices

You CANNOT change your controls on the character select screen

The game saves your most used teams and assists/game modes so you can pick them right away

Edited by LunarEdge

You can back out of character choices
Edited by Black Spy

Here's some more recent stuff. Plentiful online retailers are stocking up on various pre-order bonuses, most of these are just variations of shirts but a few such as GameStation are shipping it in the steel-cased box that GameStop's American CE comes with.

Seth Killian has also confirmed some new info about how the new Jill DLC plays.

"MVC3 Jill is a completely new character (and definitely more along your "acrobatic gun user" track). She's more different and completely re-imagined than any other returning cast-member. She just might be the fastest character in the game, too..."

And finally, the game will have a punish system very similar to Tatsunoko vs Capcom for people who DC alot, mostly to prevent ragequiting people who worry about their e-penis.

According to a short article by GamesRadar, it comes as no surprise that the Marvel vs Capcom 3 team is carrying on the tradition they started in Tatusnoko vs Capcom Ultimate All-Stars of punishing "Rage Quitters". The game will keep an invisible statistic that tracks how often you drop out of a match before it ends. This could happen as a result of connection failure, or as a result of being very angry at your loss.

Should you do this too much, you'll be silently put into a new category of players that will only be matched up in Ranked and Player matches with other players also in this category. Supposedly, if with good behavior, you can come back out of this category. This shouldn't have any effect on matches played with people on your friends list. What are your thoughts on this (assuming it works as advertised)?