Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Badds to the Bone - Make a team of three who have altered their bodies, and win a match.

Spencer is a no-brainer right here, hell it's even referenced in the "Badd" part. Super Skrull is the only other character I can think falls into this category, but what other is there? Doctor Doom doesn't feel like this per-sé, but what's the background for Iron Man? This achievement speaks of body-changing, not mutants or power-up armors. The achievement icon even lists the text "METAL". I'm at loss for this one as of now.

Iron Man does have that little Chest Plate, so that could fit. Skrull is a genetically modified Skrull to combat the Fantastic 4 so he'd fit the bill too

EDIT: the "METAL" Part actually makes me think that this could also refer to Wolverine, due to him Gaining the Adamantium Bones through artificial Means, but I could be wrong on that.

Avengers Assemble! - Make a team composed of the Big 3 and win a match.

This one is tricky - mostly cause Avengers has a shitload of agents. If there's one achievement that would explicitly disprove any and all "you have to have three specific characters" then this is it, but the description outright states "The Big 3". I'm not big on Marvel, but does anyone know who exactly The Big 3 of the Avengers are? Because right now we have 5 characters that are part of The Avengers: Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine and Iron Man.

Spider Man and Wolverine weren't originally Members of the Avenger IIRC so I'd say this could refer to The Hulk/Thor/Iron Man, these 3 being among the founding members. Alternativeley it could mean Cap. America/Iron Man/Thor, those 3 being the Most Iconic set up.

Edited by Mr. XmasShark

Iron Man does have that little Chest Plate, so that could fit. Skrull is a genetically modified Skrull to combat the Fantastic 4 so he'd fit the bill too

EDIT: the "METAL" Part actually makes me think that this could also refer to Wolverine, due to him Gaining the Adamantium Bones through artificial Means, but I could be wrong on that.

Spider Man and Wolverine weren't originally Members of the Avenger IIRC so I'd say this could refer to The Hulk/Thor/Iron Man, these 3 being among the founding members. Alternativeley it could mean Cap. America/Iron Man/Thor, those 3 being the Most Iconic set up.

I looked into it a bit and yeah, apparently the team up for the Avengers one is Cap/Iron Man/Thor. They even have the "Avengers assemble!" intro.

Come to think of, surprised I didn't think of Wolverine's bones earlier, which is ironic since that reference was put right in front of my face when I watched Kick-Ass an hour ago.

The voices for Marvel Characters are going to stay English, it's a tradition. Plus, if you're one of those types that believes things are better in their original language of origin, Marvel is a completely American affair. American characters wouldn't be speaking Japanese.

Yeah. But even w/out it unliked in Marvel Anime, :( it's gonna dissapointed for them & :mellow: some people says that everybody will choose English for Capcom Characters because what: :) English voice are completly 100% full superior, & that makes Japanese voice are 100% :( dissapointed that doesn't have Marvel characters in Japanese.

Edited by LarsMasters

I'm starting to think that if Akuma is in the game, it might be because Capcom considers him important to the MvC series (like w/Shuma-Gorath), especially seeing that he was probably the first Capcom character to crossover into a Marvel game, as a secret boss in X-Men: Children of the Atom.

Akuma will be in this game because Akuma was the one who gave Capcom the idea in the first place, just like Ryo Sakazaki will be in all of the KoF games because he was the one who gave SNK the idea for that series.

LADIES AND GENTS;

The game's achievement list is now officially out and only comes to prove one thing, for you guys who don't want some character reveal spoilers, avoid.

Lupinko was totally on the money.

Here are the ones that matter the most, unrevealed characters aside.

"Darkstalkers" 15

Make a team composed of those who dwell in the darkness, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)"

- Hsien-Ko confirmed

"Female Flyers" 15

Make a team composed of women who can fly, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)"

- Phoenix confirmed

"Copy This!" 20

Put an end to this game of spider and fly in a Xbox LIVE match."

- Taskmaster confirmed

"Fate of the Satsui no Hadou" 20

Decide who is the true master of the fist in a Xbox LIVE match."

- Akuma confirmed

"Duty and Deus Ex Machina 20

Make a match on Xbox LIVE between a national hero and a killing machine a reality."

- Mike Haggar and Sentinel confirmed

FUCK YES MY SPENCER / DEADPOOL / HSIEN-KO TEAM IS NOW REALITY

About that last one:

You do realize this game has a character called "Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing" who is enemies with a genetically enhanced WWII vet named Captain America, right?

Akuma will be in this game because Akuma was the one who gave Capcom the idea in the first place' date=' just like Ryo Sakazaki will be in all of the KoF games because he was the one who gave SNK the idea for that series.[/quote']

That was my point.

Edited by Chaosmaster8753

About that last one:

You do realize this game has a character called "Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing" who is enemies with a genetically enhanced WWII vet named Captain America, right?

I mentioned that later on. The only reason that came up was cause Shoryuken listed it as well under achievements you COULD link to the unannounced characters that Lupinko leaked.

New trailer

Shows alternative costumes including Spidermans black alien costume and also promises "More Characters."

Nice! It's essentially mostly what we've seen already only made into a more epic trailer that has hyped me up! Oh and shows some costume of Captain America's that I've never seen before?

Also a newer jazzed up (or rocked up) version of "Gonna take you for a ride"!! Win!

Not the first time we've heard a remix of said tune in a Marvel 3 trailer before.

The previous version was different tho'.

Oh God, Take You For a Ride is back. Time for that annoying loop to creep its way out of the recesses of my mind again.

Oh hey guise! Four inks of what appear to be pages from the comic book tie in for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds allegedly done by Kevin Sharpe have just been leaked onto 4chan. Nothing new to see here - well, aside from Taskmaster that is!

1293401287000.jpg1293401345743.jpg1293401419660.jpg1293401484122.jpg

Hmm. Looks pretty legit to me! But then again, it's best to take things like this with a grain of salt. If this is a fake it's pretty darn snazzy looking, though!

Edited by Hunter_the_Christmas_Fan

Oh sweet!

Not that I care for most Capcom characters but this is nicely drawn and should be quite interesting. Will definitely pick it up!

Oh hey guise! Four inks of what appear to be pages from the comic book tie in for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds allegedly done by Kevin Sharpe have just been leaked onto 4chan. Nothing new to see here - well, aside from Taskmaster that is!

1293401287000.jpg1293401345743.jpg1293401419660.jpg1293401484122.jpg

Hmm. Looks pretty legit to me! But then again, it's best to take things like this with a grain of salt. If this is a fake it's pretty darn snazzy looking, though!

Looks like a manga.

Looks like a manga.

Because it's only inked? Other than being B&W (for now) the layout and art style are totally "western".

Because it's only inked? Other than being B&W (for now) the layout and art style are totally "western".

Some of the pages seem to look like the manga format of right-to-left.

No way that's manga, the art style is definitely too western for that to be manga. It'll probably be colored in later, I'd guess.

What 4chan has to do with work-in-progress comic pages showing new characters apart from posting it up is besides me, and I don't see why anyone would go out of their way to hoax that.

/v/ is a pretty fun place to talk about fighting game shit anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

akumaq.jpg

Capcom you fucking embarass me.

Capcom = 0

Lupinko = 4

Original source is an MvC3 review (how the fuck did they get the review copy early?) from NowGamer but it has since been removed. The reviewer said it was worse than Soul Calibur IV and had a decent longevity, just comes to show what approach he has with fighting games.

New reveals set to take place tonight in Vegas at a secret event, also promises completely new build featuring new characters. Can I have my Hsien-Ko now or will it be stalled with Haggar?

EDIT: They got a different article up now which is a preview instead. Nice fluke but literally nothing new that hasn't been said.

Edited by Carbo