Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Someone is apparently saying the reason Frank isn't in IS due to RAM reasons. Feel free to call bullshit on that reason, considering the Wii only has 88 MB RAM, and West worked in TvC just fine.

Oh boy it's Episode 3! Finally!

... and it shows absolutely nothing new. Would have been remotely relevant if it was shown before C. Viper was announced.

EDIT: Another twitter account has appeared and is leaking more interesting info, such as people will probably enjoy Taskmaster, Zero and Tron being Inafune's personal picks and other character cameos that didn't make the game's cut (cough Stan Lee) being in character ending cameos. Jill allegedly has an entirely different moveset to her MvC2 iteration because that one was also *legasp* RAM consuming, Captain Commando was rejected because of his strikers, Lillith is a Morrigan alt, along with War Machine being an Iron Man alt.

I specifically like him mentioning that, picking Storm, Sentinel and Magneto in your team will yield an "interesting surprise".

vyp2lc.jpg

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah X-23 and Arthur! Run right at Magento head-on! With your claws and suit of armor, what's the worst that can happen?! :P

Anyway, that was pretty awesome. Not as crazy as the last one, but I can feel a lot of tension with it. Especially with C.Viper calling her contributor at the end... Wondering who she's talking to. Plus, Chris and the Hulk made nice! Aww... Magento was a certain brand of chips. and M.O.D.O.K.?

m_o_d_o_k_by_flameofthegrave-d33y0l2.jpg

M.O.D.O.K. be trollin' XP

I specifically like him mentioning that, picking Storm, Sentinel and Magneto in your team will yield an "interesting surprise".

Magento: How could one's strength and omnipotence be considered as... "Pringles"?

Storm: I make it rain, and do away with this injustice!

Sentinel: MANGO DESTROY! (or) ELIMINATE ALL KNICKS! ELIMINATE ALL KNICKS!

Couldn't resist. Had to do it.

Edited by ReindeerUnity: Fatman Taxi
  • Thumbs Up 1

I get the term pringles, but I never really understood "Mango". Someone care to explain that?

Mango Sentinal,probably refering to it's color outfit used in the video.

So has anyone been listening to the current music released? I happen to love Dr. Doom's theme, it's just something about it. Someone also posted a link of the music released before Zero, looped to be about 3-4mins, done very well.

This particular link has a download for all the music released so far before Zero's reveal looped for about 3-4mins. If this isn't allowed go ahead and delete the link

Edited by LunarEdge

Capcom is streaming an MvC3 event right now on their site, or something amongst those lines right now. No idea where to find it, but according to reports, Seth Killain actually said: "You have Zero, that's enough instead of Megaman right?".

Maximum calliber troll here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Capcom is streaming an MvC3 event right now on their site, or something amongst those lines right now. No idea where to find it, but according to reports, Seth Killain actually said: "You have Zero, that's enough instead of Megaman right?".

Maximum calliber troll here.

Oh boy, that is NOT going to go over well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't see how they believe doesn't bring variety... he seemed to bring plenty in MvC and MvC2. As one of the major mascots of gaming today, Megaman should be included, no questions asked... what is Capcom doing. If variety is the issue, take Ryu out of the game and replace him with Megaman. Megaman has the potential for change... Ryu has been the same for over 10 years

Edited by LunarEdge

Last day of Jump Festa and Capcom is going back on with MvC3 in an hour. They didn't reveal anything last night (or two days ago fucking Japan time), but since Capcom said they're going to reveal SOME new info at their attendance, hopefully this is the character reveals.

If Hsien-Ko and Phoenix aren't announced, I guess it's safe to call bullshit on KLennox since the SQD_Suprm guy who started doing tweets admitted he was just shitting around and there's heavy ambiguosity surrounding whether or not they were the same person. Lupinko still seems like the real deal right now though.

Edited by Carbo

The voices for Marvel Characters are going to stay English, it's a tradition. Plus, if you're one of those types that believes things are better in their original language of origin, Marvel is a completely American affair. American characters wouldn't be speaking Japanese.

Edited by Hero Of Christmas

LADIES AND GENTS;

The game's achievement list is now officially out and only comes to prove one thing, for you guys who don't want some character reveal spoilers, avoid.

Lupinko was totally on the money.

Here are the ones that matter the most, unrevealed characters aside.

"Darkstalkers" 15

Make a team composed of those who dwell in the darkness, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)"

- Hsien-Ko confirmed

"Female Flyers" 15

Make a team composed of women who can fly, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)"

- Phoenix confirmed

"Copy This!" 20

Put an end to this game of spider and fly in a Xbox LIVE match."

- Taskmaster confirmed

"Fate of the Satsui no Hadou" 20

Decide who is the true master of the fist in a Xbox LIVE match."

- Akuma confirmed

"Duty and Deus Ex Machina 20

Make a match on Xbox LIVE between a national hero and a killing machine a reality."

- Mike Haggar and Sentinel confirmed

FUCK YES MY SPENCER / DEADPOOL / HSIEN-KO TEAM IS NOW REALITY

Edited by Carbo

Also one of the achievements is called Mega Buster, minding you all the other achievements of the same category are catchphrases related to playable characters. Wonder who that could hint at. ;3

Also thought I'd copy and paste this:

This is more evidence towards Galacta being in the game.

Think about it....

1) A while back there was a rumor that a voice actress tweeted about voicing Galacta in an upcoming Marvel game, but soon after deleted the tweet. So far Galacta hasn't been in any Marvel game, and this is the only possible one that is upcoming.

2) There is a trophy called "Galactic Smasher" which sounds like it may be a Hyper of hers.

3) There is a trophy for using 3 women that can fly. Galacta, if she was in the game, would be able to fly.

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

Also one of the achievements is called Mega Buster, minding you all the other achievements of the same category are catchphrases related to playable characters. Wonder who that could hint at. ;3

Zero has a buster too and an MMX alternate color scheme v.png

Naw but seriously if Lupinko is right, I don't think there's a chance they'd add Mega Man through the course of a month

Edited by Carbo

But Zero doesn't yell, "MEGA BUSTER!", Mega Man does, and as I said the other achievements of the type are quotes, not moves("Back at 'Cha!", "Excelsior!", "Be Gone!", "Mega Buster"). Also, I just remembered Zero's weapon is called the Z-Buster, isn't it? The character who yelled Mega Buster is Classic Mega Man though.

My problem with the reasoning is it's too open minded.

Like while I would love Hsien-Ko, the achievement is called Darkstalkers (fix'd, I was mistaken with memory), however it only says to play as characters who dwell in Darkness. There is no specifications how many characters are said to dwell is darkness, it could be three Darkstalkers characters, but it could mean also Wesker (who is evil), Arthur (who has his games take place in the land of darkness), Dormammu, and others. And killing machine is an expression, it doesn't mean a literal machine in most cases though it could be. Likewise, we already have three flying females; Storm, Morrigan & Trish. However once again it says have a team of three, that doesn't mean there is only three.

Speculation is fun~

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

Like while I would love Hsien-Ko, the achievement is not called Dark Stalkers like the game, it is titled Darkstalkers, which is a difference and the title only says to play as characters who dwell in Darkness.

... Uhm what? No it isn't. The official title of the game has always been "Darkstalkers", apart from in Japan and Asia where it's just known as "Vampire".

Also; Trish, canonically, doesn't fly. Her 8WD just lets her do that, but that'd be like saying C. Viper can fly, cause she can do the same.

I was mistaken on the Darkstalkers name, I honestly haven't played the games in ages.

And while there is hints and speculation of hints, I think many of these are digging too much into things.. Except Akuma, which is pretty clear it has to be him as the two strongest people with the power listed is Ryu and Akuma, so that seems definitely him. But I don't think something of wording like Killing Machine or the fact a woman can fly confirms anything except one kills and one is a flying woman, for example.

But Zero doesn't yell, "MEGA BUSTER!", Mega Man does, and as I said the other achievements of the type are quotes, not moves("Back at 'Cha!", "Excelsior!", "Be Gone!", "Mega Buster"). Also, I just remembered Zero's weapon is called the Z-Buster, isn't it? The character who yelled Mega Buster is Classic Mega Man though.

My problem with the reasoning is it's too open minded.

Like while I would love Hsien-Ko, the achievement is called Darkstalkers (fix'd, I was mistaken with memory), however it only says to play as characters who dwell in Darkness. There is no specifications how many characters are said to dwell is darkness, it could be three Darkstalkers characters, but it could mean also Wesker (who is evil), Arthur (who has his games take place in the land of darkness), Dormammu, and others. And killing machine is an expression, it doesn't mean a literal machine in most cases though it could be. Likewise, we already have three flying females; Storm, Morrigan & Trish. However once again it says have a team of three, that doesn't mean there is only three.

Speculation is fun~

Megaman X said "Mega Buster" a lot if I remember correctly. Megaman(classic) usually said "Power Shot" or "Charge Shot" a lot, never really mega buster

Alright, hyped down a bit now about the possibility of Hsien-Ko.

So how about we go through the other group-based achievements using characters we do know about? At least we can get down to if they might give some insight on whether or not they imply 3 specific characters or 3 that just fall into general mention. That way we might know what to expect regarding to the ambiguous ones.

Weapon X - Make a team composed of Weapon-X test subjects, and win a match.

There are only 3 Marvel characters in this game right now that were ever a part of the Weapon X test subjecting - Wolverine, X-23 and Deadpool. There's no other character in the game as of now that fill that quota, so that's one spot filled up, and I doubt any other character that was part of it will join the roster since to be frank, they don't really feel all that notorious enough. This achievement doesn't add specific information, but it doesn't look like we'll be getting more of 3 right now, so pretty much chalk that up for specific characters.

Badds to the Bone - Make a team of three who have altered their bodies, and win a match.

Spencer is a no-brainer right here, hell it's even referenced in the "Badd" part. Super Skrull is the only other character I can think falls into this category, but what other is there? Doctor Doom doesn't feel like this per-sé, but what's the background for Iron Man? This achievement speaks of body-changing, not mutants or power-up armors. The achievement icon even lists the text "METAL". I'm at loss for this one as of now.

Avengers Assemble! - Make a team composed of the Big 3 and win a match.

This one is tricky - mostly cause Avengers has a shitload of agents. If there's one achievement that would explicitly disprove any and all "you have to have three specific characters" then this is it, but the description outright states "The Big 3". I'm not big on Marvel, but does anyone know who exactly The Big 3 of the Avengers are? Because right now we have 5 characters that are part of The Avengers: Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine and Iron Man.

EDIT: Mega Buster reference is a combo achievement. Part of me was expecting something like that be mentioned for creating a Mega Man team which well, I dunno, feels like a wasted potential if Mega Man is in.

One thing's for sure though, as you said Dusk, those achievements definitely confirm Akuma, along with Taskmaster. He's considered a "Copycat", and according to Lupinko even, has Spidey's Web-Sling move. Killing machine probably refers to MODOK if not Sentinel, because that's generally part of the acronym. It was just listed under Shoryuken as one of the possible other achievements that could give away existing characters.

Edited by Carbo