Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

With the subject of Megaman being in MvC3... I don't see why they couldn't just use his moveset from MvC and MvC2 with some alterations. For instance, instead of calling beat for a ability change, why not map a certain move combination to change abilities like they did with Volnutt in TvC. I personally didn't mind using the mega-buster and Tornado hold. Leaf shield and the Soccer ball were useless if you ask me. Also, the can remove his Shoryuken like move for another.

I'm not a big Megaman fan either, but I do think leaving him out of the game AND having other MegaMan characters is as retarded as having a bunch of Street Fighter characters and not having Ryu. You don't rep a series without using the main character, or at least the most recognized one.

It's also pretty interesting you'd say that about the latter, consdering it's pretty much Arthur minus switchable weapons and a charge shot. Look where that got him.

Except Arthur is already in the game.

do a minimalist character like that once and it's cute and original, do it twice and it loses it's flavour.

do a minimalist character like that once and it's cute and original, do it twice and it loses it's flavour.

I'm grasping at straws here because it's really hard to explain why I don't give a shit. I for the record, think it's weird that's he's not in, but I also don't care because every other character aside from Thor is more appealing to me than him. I can also see how it'd be hard to make him an exciting, distinct character from Zero when Zero is god damn megaman with a sword.

and yea I'm aware that megs can use the sword too but it's not exactly iconically his is it? Tbh they should've just put the megamen from ZX in and killed two birds with one stone or something. But then again, they're probably going for series icons or something... lol I dunno. This paragraph was a brain fart.

Speaking of characters, What team is everyone thinking of rolling? At the moment I'm leaning towards Dante/Haggar/Spidey but I'm open to change. Always liked spidey since I was a kid.

I'm grasping at straws here because it's really hard to explain why I don't give a shit. I for the record, think it's weird that's he's not in, but I also don't care because every other character aside from Thor is more appealing to me than him.

ZX is a good fucking game. criminally under-appreciated.

"Because I don't like him" isn't exactly good reasoning when you're trying to prove that a high-profile character removal isn't a big deal.
Acknowledged! I tried hard at devil's advocate though. I still don't think he was "removed" so much as he was "excluded" though.

For instance, instead of calling beat for a ability change, why not map a certain move combination to change abilities like they did with Volnutt in TvC.

Amaterasu has pretty much this as her main trait. Shit's fucking complicated, but is pretty much one of the reasons she has the chance of contending for the top tiers right now.

Speaking of characters, What team is everyone thinking of rolling? At the moment I'm leaning towards Dante/Haggar/Spidey but I'm open to change. Always liked spidey since I was a kid.

Deadpool/Spencer/Hsien-Ko

Spencer for the grappling, Hsien-Ko for the projectiles and keep-away and Deadpool for the mixups, plus he's apparently the new Cable of the game.

Capcom never seemed particularly bothered by the OVER 9000! Shotos they cram into every game. Just sayin'.

Also, salutations good sir. Despite what your sense of vision leads you to comprehend, my appearance on these message boards is merely an act of fantasy created by your mind.

Edited by Tornado

Mmm...Maybe I'd pick Zero/Chris/Dante

Should I ever get the game (I say why too many times...) I'd pick Deadpool/Haggar/Zero or Arthur. Deadpool for some of the randomness, Haggar for my usual slow/power mix, and either Zero or Arthur based on my distance game.

First In-game pictures of Shuma-Gorath and Jill.

Yi2U7.jpg

NkP9a.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25756608&postcount=1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25756867&postcount=4

If Tron was in the Shuma pics I would have made an pretty obvious jo-- HEY! Those are some awesome pics! :B

Edited by You Cant Defeat YoshiUnity

I won't be getting the game any time soon, as I'm gonna be pooling all my money into these new Sonic toys coming out, but my team will probably be Viper/Deadpool/Viewtiful Joe

the intro cinematic is now on youtube:

Edit: nevermind, capcom blocked the video.

Edited by lbyrd2

My probable main team right now has to be Dante/Chris/Spencer.

I feel very tempted to get XBox Live so I could get some DLC, much to my dismay, for chars like Strider or Jin if there are going to be available for it. Well, unless Live is a monthly subscription/payment thing then forget it.

So then, theres less than 2 weeks to go on this. Is the collectors/special edition getting a release anywhere but the USA? Only I wouldn't mind being able to play as Jill and urm... octopus head man, only I can't find it anywhere, the closest I can find is the metal case version at Gamestation, but thats not a special/collectors edition, it's just a limited edition case.

As mentioned earlier, a collectors edition was supposed to be announced for EU but hasn't been, and at this point its sort of doubtful as most retailers are getting up to speed with the pre-order deals already.

GameStop over here already has a Steelbook case as a pre-order offer, most you can only hope is to order from a retailer and hope for a bonus since this is what Capcom EU talked about.

As mentioned earlier, a collectors edition was supposed to be announced for EU but hasn't been, and at this point its sort of doubtful as most retailers are getting up to speed with the pre-order deals already.

I thought that might be the case. I thought I'd ask again since this topic tends to move very quickly and it's a bit hard to keep track of, but some people here seem to check news updates for this game almost daily.

Kinda sucks that theres no way anyone outside the US can play as Octopus man.

Edit: just had a look on capcoms site... No Collectors Edition for anyone except those in the US region... but those codes for DLC characters, they won't actually be redeemable until the day the DLC is actually up on the PSN/XBL... wow thats... pointless.

Edited by Hogfather

Apparently there's a article going around saying that while waiting in lobbies there will be no spectator mode whilst you wait for your match

http://dualshockers.com/2011/02/02/preview-marvel-vs-capcom-3-brief-impressions-and-notes/

Now, on to the things that I discovered today that should be interesting when first taking the game online. When Marvel vs. Capcom 3 releases in just under two weeks, the game will not have spectator mode. Players in player matches with lobbies of up to 8 people will not be able to watch the game taking place as they wait their turn. This is said to be remedied in the very near future, but still. Another feature that players would and should expect is the ability to record and save videos of their matches. This ain’t happening. And this may or may not be remedied (ouch!). Lastly, a positive addition to the online multiplayer is the system implemented to deter rage quitters. Call it ‘rage quitter hell’ or ‘disconnection detention,’ (even Seth Killian couldn’t come up with a name) the system pools together fellow rage quitters with each other in matchmaking to let them get a taste of their own medicine. Now that’s action taken! Good for them!

February 15, 2011 marks the release of the game on retail shelves. Be sure to check here for our full review of the game on that day.

Apparently they are going to patch one in sooner or later but TBH I personally don't care much for spectator mode. They usually lead to lag and with games like SSFIV they even stopped spectator mode in midst of a match to reduce lag, so I see it as a good thing since this will ultimately reduce lag.

Also, about the Jill/Shuma thing... if you can't redeem those codes the day the game releases ima be pissed lol

Also, about the Jill/Shuma thing... if you can't redeem those codes the day the game releases ima be pissed lol

You can't. The DLC doesnt actually come out until March. They're pre-release vouchers.

Not too bothered about the spectator mode omission. I only ever used them in games for grinding tedious achievements.

Edited by Carbo

You can't. The DLC doesnt actually come out until March. They're pre-release codes.

Not to bothered about the spectator mode omission. I only ever used them in games for grinding tedious achievements.

Thats retarded, I thought the purpose to reserving the CE was to obtain them earlier... that's the only reason I switched my pre-order from the regular to the CE... whatever I guess i'll just have to hold onto it until they release it...