Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Damnit, I really didn't want Akuma to be in. Ryu clones are lame.

-Says the guy who likes Ken.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

akumaq.jpg

Oh damn. We got another shoto.

Another character I will seldom use. C'mon, where is Hsien-ko, Capcom? Or Mr. Haggar? You didn't give me the Red Cyclone, (and this is the Ultimate Atomic Bullshit), but I will forgive your sins if you give me these characters.

Original source is an MvC3 review (how the fuck did they get the review copy early?) from NowGamer but it has since been removed. The reviewer said it was worse than Soul Calibur IV and had a decent longevity, just comes to show what approach he has with fighting games.
fighting game reviews... pretty much blow ass.

fuck akuma, also.

Haggar and Phoenix join the brawl!

Yep, that leaked Twitter character list is looking preeeeettttyy likely.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

and
join the brawl!

Yep, that leaked Twitter character list is looking preeeeettttyy likely.

Oh well. My body was ready. So I guess that if that Twitter list is the real deal, we won't see the blue bomber around this time.

But at least there will be Hsien-ko.

Does this mean we have to wait longer for Hsien-Ko? ):

Anyway it seems weird that Haggar is being teamed up with Phoenix. Does this mean that Sent's gonna be Hsien-Ko's rival? I thought the other way around would work better.

Hagger almost redeems Capcom for the two shotos, but just almost.

2 shotos out of how many we had in MvC2 isn't bad if you ask me.

Haggar looking boring as fuck. Just as I expected.

Phoenix looks cool. It's just a shame that there's no surprise or hype in her inclusion at all.

Just waiting to see how Taskmaster looks now.

She-Hulk looks infinitely more interesting than Haggar to me and I hate She-Hulk.

His theme is good tho'. I won't deny that.

She-Hulk looks infinitely more interesting than Haggar to me and I hate She-Hulk.

His theme is good tho'. I won't deny that.

I'm not seeing the "boring" I love Haggar. every game needs a good grappler, and he's better than Gief.

To the point again the roster is varied to fit all different kinds of people.

Not Mega Man fans.

Anyway, I already said my qualms with Haggar are personal gripes, so I don't really care if you disagree or not. I have Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu that I can use to beat up on Haggar and I far as I see that's all I'm really going to get. I can easily make a third main team member out of Chris Redfield, Spider-Man, Crimson Viper or maybe even Taskmaster depending on how he ends up.

I made out quite well in comparison to a lot of other people wanting certain characters, so I'm relatively satisfied. I'm far from alone in my thinking that some odd (if not outright terrible) decisions were made in regards to this game. Regardless, it's a first day purchase.

Oh boy, Mega Man's not in the game. Tron Bonne's presence is never unwelcomed, but Zero? Come on. I love his games but I'm sick of that guy showing up everywhere.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's fucking put off by this. I know that this game is being filled to the brim with exciting characters, but not having the classic blue guy is just... ugh. I don't know what Capcom is thinking, honestly.

Oh boy, Mega Man's not in the game. Tron Bonne's presence is never unwelcomed, but Zero? Come on. I love his games but I'm sick of that guy showing up everywhere.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's fucking put off by this. I know that this game is being filled to the brim with exciting characters, but not having the classic blue guy is just... ugh. I don't know what Capcom is thinking, honestly.

Yeah, this really is a disappointment. Mega Man is one of Capcom's biggest names, and one of the most recognized in the entire industry. Not only that, but he was in MvC 1 and 2- why the fuck would they drop a veteran like that?

It would have been nice to have SOME version of Mega Man in the game. I'd like to see Classic, Volnutt, hell, I'd even take the EXE or Star Force incarnations as long as some version of Mega Man got a little bit of rep.

Capcom stepped on my balls again.

Not only that, but he was in MvC 1 and 2- why the fuck would they drop a veteran like that?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

The thing is I don't even know how many people in the fighting scene remotely cares about Mega Man anymore, and he's been largely irrelevant for the past years. Couple that with the fact that he was always just a run-of-the-mill character in fighting games and instead the only reason one can think of filling him in is to consume a spot that could be held for maybe a better character, or just say "oh well sweet Mega Man is in" and shrug him off. Its not exactly Smash Bros where you can just add in anyone and have any equal results in playing. Most people who play MvC take their stuff pretty seriously. Unless it's Roll of course, but right now we're at a point in games where wasting space for characters like that isn't exactly something dev time allows for.

Capcom barely has a "mascot" anymore, if they even had one to begin with. The closest thing they do to having one right now is Ryu. Japs have proven themselves to not really care about Rockman though, X was the one who dominated Capcom's official DLC request poll, and even .EXE was above classic, so count on seeing one of those two.

Edited by Carbo

The thing is I don't even know how many people in the fighting scene remotely cares about Mega Man anymore, and he's been largely irrelevant for the past years. Couple that with the fact that he was always just a run-of-the-mill character in fighting games and instead the only reason one can think of filling him in is to consume a spot that could be held for maybe a better character, or just say "oh well sweet Mega Man is in" and shrug him off. Its not exactly Smash Bros where you can just add in anyone and have any equal results in playing. Most people who play MvC take their stuff pretty seriously. Unless it's Roll of course, but right now we're at a point in games where wasting space for characters like that isn't exactly something dev time allows for.

Capcom barely has a "mascot" anymore, if they even had one to begin with. The closest thing they do to having one right now is Ryu. Japs have proven themselves to not really care about Rockman though, X was the one who dominated Capcom's official DLC request poll, and even .EXE was above classic, so count on seeing one of those two.