Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

To be fair, time and budget does make sense. They want ot release the game by next year, early next year it seems. They have to spend as much time tweaking the game as they can and less focus on taking time to make a demo, which can take longer than you might think, which takes development time and money. Besides a demo for fighting games are always very limited and never really represent the full package.

Tradition excuse is just silly though.

Why C.Viper? I wanted my Makoto lol. Every time she does that fire kick or anything fire-ee from SF4 the screen gets unbearably brighter, I wonder if that was a effect put in for the trailer or how it really goes down? Also, I like how they incorporated the Focus Punch.

Edited by LunarEdge

It looks like the footage was recorded off-screen and the flame effect put the camera out of focus. I dunno why Capcom would release footage with such shoddy quality but whatever.

EDIT: More Gameplay.

Edited by BatGuy

Storm's in now, huh... Why am I not surprised one bit. Not a bad thing, just seems like my theory gets more close to truth with each update. *cough*mangosentinal*cough*

Why Storm? Oh well I guess she's ok but she's no Gambit <_<

And C.Viper? What's with putting in a new SF character when we have barely any of the others? I would much rather have seen Akuma, Dhalsim, Zangief, Vega, Guile but they put in this bitch who's been in the series for all of two seconds?

Oh wait she has epic boobs, I understand now Capcom.

Everyone seems to be crying for Gambit... and I too, will cry with you lol. Yea I would have preferred Gambit over Storm but hey... what you gonna do. I know promises of DLC can vary between developer to developer but if he isn't in the final product, we can always dream of a DLC option.

I would much rather have seen Akuma, Dhalsim, Zangief, Vega, Guile but they put in this bitch who's been in the series for all of two seconds?
I think she's better then those guys who have been in like... 1000 games already. Guile, Gief and Vega I always thought weren't very great vs. character anyway.

Always thought Viper would be cool ina vs. game, and I like Storm too, so hooray.

What's with putting in a new SF character when we have barely any of the others? I would much rather have seen Akuma, Dhalsim, Zangief, Vega, Guile but they put in this bitch who's been in the series for all of two seconds?

More like because she's infinitely more interesting and far more suited for a vs. Capcom title than any of the people you just mentioned.

Fucking Akuma? Really? As if we need another shoto. Maybe as downloadable content after several other characters that are more deserving are added to the roster. And she's definitely been around 'for all of two seconds,' right? Haha, yeah okay.

Street Fighter IV came out in 2008, dude.

Edited by Chooch

And C.Viper? What's with putting in a new SF character when we have barely any of the others? I would much rather have seen Akuma, Dhalsim, Zangief, Vega, Guile but they put in this bitch who's been in the series for all of two seconds?

Now that's very low for you to call out C.Viper's breasts as the reason why Capcom used her over what you would've preferred. And for a character who's been around the series for "two seconds" she's become widely known in the franchise, don'cha think? I fail to see where the rules state "you have to be around for X amount of time to be in this game" for newcomers.

And as for Akuma, I got nothing against adding him in. But we already have Ryu, and it would seem redundant to add someone who plays similar even if they were to put in Ken if you ask me.

Now that's very low for you to call out C.Viper's breasts as the reason why Capcom used her over what you would've preferred. And for a character who's been around the series for "two seconds" she's become widely known in the franchise, don'cha think? I fail to see where the rules state "you have to be around for X amount of time to be in this game" for newcomers.

And as for Akuma, I got nothing against adding him in. But we already have Ryu, and it would seem redundant to add someone who plays similar even if they were to put in Ken if you ask me.

It was obviously a joke, don't try to make it seem as anything more please.

We all know anyone is welcomed to be in a vs. series game, but I think some people would just rather see older characters whom they think deserve to be put in a VS fighter that haven't yet been in is all. I like C.Viper, but I feel as though other characters should have made the cut like Guile, Makoto, even Ibuki, but that's just me. I'm against Akuma, Ken and etc because besides a few MINOR details, they all play roughly the same.

Woo woo, Storm and Viper! Nice to see more of these character-specific intros that shed a bit more light on the story! Looks like whoever is currently employing Viper (SIN? CIA?) considers AIM to be a threat. Interesting! Speaking of which, it's also nice to see that M.O.D.O.K. still hasn't evolved beyond the joys of murder.

Also, awesome new stage! The Hand's hideout, eh? Neat! I wonder if they'll have any role in the plot. The visible exhalation in the cold winter air in this stage is a nice touch too - I dunno why, but I've always loved that aspect of snowy locales in video games.

Edited by HunterTSF

I'd like an Ibuki appearance, that'd be cool. Maybe grab Alex from Tatsu whilst they're at it too?

I just want some Sf3 love.

This roster gets weirder and weirder every day. Also boo Storm. Now those punks have 2/3 of their dream spam team. >_>

This roster gets weirder and weirder every day. Also boo Storm. Now those punks have 2/3 of their dream spam team. >_>

I'm expecting a Mango M.O.D.O.K. to take Sentinel's place.

Obviously? From a guy who jokes around himself, that wasn't a very obvious joke to pick up on and sounded no different from a mild rant. If it was that obvious, I wouldn't have made it out the way I did.

This update moves me.

Storm is one of the most hotest chicks in Marvel, while C.Viper is the hotest chick in Sf. I wasn't expected C.Viper to make an appearance, but as Chooch mentioned she would a lot more interesting then some in this game.

I'd like an Ibuki appearance, that'd be cool.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ibuki either. Her or Makoto.

Edited by Arioch

Everyone seems to be crying for Gambit... and I too, will cry with you lol. Yea I would have preferred Gambit over Storm but hey... what you gonna do. I know promises of DLC can vary between developer to developer but if he isn't in the final product, we can always dream of a DLC option.

Unfortunately I don't do DLC. I should probably look into it but it has always felt like to much of a hassle and I feel as though it's a kind of cheap way to make a game. If they don't want to go the MvC2 roster way then make the game with a small cast, but if they do want to have a large cast they should add them from the beggining.

I dunno I've always just felt DLC is cheap, but that's just me.

Ever wondered why she's become so widely known? Bewbs bro. :lol: While I am joking slightly you can't say that isn't at least some of the reason for her popularity.

Aaaaand conveniently example A:

This update moves me.

Storm is one of the most hotest chicks in Marvel, while C.Viper is the hotest chick in Sf. I wasn't expected C.Viper to make an appearance, but as Chooch mentioned she would a lot more interesting then some in this game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ibuki either. Her or Makoto.

Can't argue with that. While I'm not saying it's essentially a bad thing, I'd much rather see a longtime SF character that seems alot more deserving than some character who is put in partially for the reason of "because she is hot".

No I am not just bitching because they put her in over characters I would've preferred, I wouldn't mind seeing Dhalsim and Vega, but I actually dislike Zangief and Guile a fair bit - but even though I don't like them I still think they deserve to make the cut before C.Viper. Don't go thinking I'm just crying because I can't have what I want, I have more integrity than that (though not when it comes to Gambit) And no I am not saying there should be a rule saying "you have to be around for X amount of time to be in this game", however I do think some characters should take preference over others. Can you imagine if Wolverine wasn't in this game but M.O.D.O.K made the cut? Can't tell me people wouldn't be bitching, and I think rightfully so.

It may not be a pleasant thing to address but some characters will have the right to be in the game more than others due to popularity, being iconic, or yes even having been around longer.

I'm defintely not against newcommers at all, hey my motto is the more the merrier, however if they are having such a significantly smaller cast I'd rather characters that meet the three previously mentioned requirements be chosen before a character like C.Viper.

"Two seconds" was obviously a gross exaggeration for effect, I'm simply saying she hasn't been around long, why put her in when there obviously has to be longtime fans of many other characters that those fans have been waiting and hoping to be in this game.

Ok so Akuma I really only mentioned because I see him as being iconic to SF, I would like to see him in but I can see why he shouldn't be in also.

Just thinking that Capcom are making some pretty stupid decisions regarding this game, and yes it was in a jovial manner but feel free to attack if you want to! :lol: I have pepper spray.

We all know anyone is welcomed to be in a vs. series game, but I think some people would just rather see older characters whom they think deserve to be put in a VS fighter that haven't yet been in is all. I like C.Viper, but I feel as though other characters should have made the cut like Guile, Makoto, even Ibuki, but that's just me. I'm against Akuma, Ken and etc because besides a few MINOR details, they all play roughly the same.

Pretty much this.

If we had just old cast members in every game, we'd never get any newer people.

It pisses me off how they shoehorned the entire SF2 cast into SF4. What a load of shit that was. Would rather fresher faces over old has beens any day

Ever wondered why she's become so widely known? Bewbs bro. :lol: While I am joking slightly you can't say that isn't at least some of the reason for her popularity.

Then explain how characters like Ibuki became as widely known, as I doubt sexuality had anything to do with it. ;)

When it comes to almost ANY female game character - with a strong emphasis on "almost" as there are so well known examples - boobs tend to be what draws in the male audience. Except I'd wager that C.Viper's boobs don't hold that much impact over her popularity that you make it out to be in your joke.

No I am not just bitching because they put her in over characters I would've preferred, I wouldn't mind seeing Dhalsim and Vega, but I actually dislike Zangief and Guile a fair bit - but even though I don't like them I still think they deserve to make the cut before C.Viper. Don't go thinking I'm just crying because I can't have what I want, I have more integrity than that (though not when it comes to Gambit) And no I am not saying there should be a rule saying "you have to be around for X amount of time to be in this game",

Now where the hell did I say you were bitching/crying/such and such about it? I just said it was low for you to call out her features as how she got preferred over the others and how length of time doesn't (or rather shouldn't) be the judge for who deserves what.

however I do think some characters should take preference over others.

For a crossover game like this, just about anything goes with adding other characters and there isn't much of a precedence between characters like C.Viper or Vega/Dhalsim/etc.

It may not be a pleasant thing to address but some characters will have the right to be in the game more than others due to popularity, being iconic, or yes even having been around longer.

Of which a character's length of time in a series can and will be trumped by the developers putting in whomever they determine as far as newcomers go. While they're obviously going to go by how iconic they are by default, and popularity comes in as a close second, but length of time isn't anything that holds any weight as far as I'm concern and I'm glad they're not using that to determine newcomers.

I'm simply saying she hasn't been around long, why put her in when there obviously has to be longtime fans of many other characters that those fans have been waiting and hoping to be in this game.

Here's a question for your question: what good is making a sequel if you're not going to add some freshness to it?

I highly doubt long time fans are going to be that bothered by a newcomer such as C.Viper getting in over Guile or Vega.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic