Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

I just want a Megaman reveal already :<. If so then I can have my team of Megaman, Felicia and then ______ << probably gonna use Zero or Dante here, used to be Spiderman. I don't care what incarnation of him appears as long as he is in there haha.

The roster so far seems nice enough to me, it is big and varied so far. I do think I'll miss some characters like son-son though and some of those other marvel/capcom characters I had never seen before. They seem like they aren't appearing in full force this time around.

If we had just old cast members in every game, we'd never get any newer people.

It pisses me off how they shoehorned the entire SF2 cast into SF4. What a load of shit that was. Would rather fresher faces over old has beens any day

No offense but are you serious? The original SF2 had like 16 characters (after all the re-releases) and SSF4 had 35 characters with 2 more coming. How is adding the entire cast of SF2 bad? We saw new faces like Juri, Seth, Hakan, Gouken (as a playable character) not to mention other characters such as Guy and Cody. Not to mention that other fighter series have been returning the old cast all the time, such as Tekken, or KoF etc. etc.

I'm all up for newer people, but it's kinda obvious that in any versus game older characters, like Ryu, will ALWAYS make the cut.

And with the whole "I want an older character in MvC3 than a newer one," you gotta look at it like this

play original games > versus game is revealed (MvC1) > person 1 wants character "A" in the game (> "A" doesn't make it into MvC > "A" doesn't make it into sequel (MvC2) > MvC3 is revealed > Person 1 has hope that character "A" may make it into MvC3 after 10+ years of waiting > Character "B" from game released a year ago makes it > Nerd rage

I mean, I've been wanting Zero in a versus game for awhile (and not that crappy snk vs capcom for the xbox) and he was finally revealed in TvC and now MvC3, and he is by no means a "new" character. TO the versus series yes, but in general Zero is a old game character.

I'm not against C.Viper, but like I said before, I think someone else would have been nice as well, such as characters noted before, Makoto or Ibuki or someone else. I personally would like to see Guile, but hey I can only dream lol

Edited by LunarEdge

In completely unrelated news, I have just noticed what I felt to be so off with Felicia in this game. Her eyes are too freakin' small. They're like normal human eyes. What's up with that, eh? Tron Bonne and Arthur have their wonky eye sizes in-tact, after all.

Aherm on-topic: I honestly don't see what the big fuss over Crimson Viper's inclusion is. Just because she's not "classic" doesn't make her any worse as a character (old does not equal good); I'd pick her over Edmund Honda any day.* It's important to keep a balance of both modern and classic after all. Sure, Crimson Viper's in here, but Arthur is too! Not a bad trade-off if you ask me.

Also, I for one am totally a-okay with the DLC shenanigans. I have expendable cash just lying around and I have nothing better to do with it than waste it on additional fictional characters to play as in some video game that I'll most likely never play again after the first few weeks.

*Excluding the days that I feel like playing as a cool sumo wrestler guy.

I gotta say, I have a small problem with C. Viper over Guile. Granted, I'm new to SF overall, but I think that Guile is a much more iconic character and would have been..shoot, I wanna say more suited, but that might not be the right choice of words. Somebody help me out here!

I still like Viper though, shoot, she might be the replacement for B.B.Hood I've been looking for.

Hey guys! MvC3 trivia time! (Link)

Here's the latest:

RyanCE transcribed a Q&A session that was held with the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 developers that contained a few interesting notes about the characters who were and were not included.

• The Thing was considered at one point, but they felt he would be too similar to Hulk.

• Human Torch was a completed character, but he ate up too much RAM and had to be taken out.

• Marvel suggested Super-Skrull as a Human Torch replacement.

• To balance the roster out, Niitsuma wanted to include a young Marvel female, and ultimately X-23 was decided on.

• Niitsuma intentionally held off Spider-Man's announcement until the Tokyo Game Show because he is a popular character in Japan.

• Marvel was reluctant to grant permission to include Shuma-Gorath, but Capcom convinced them that he is popular and an important part of the series history.

• Shuma-Gorath was the first Marvel character that Capcom proposed to Marvel — and he may have originally been planned as an on-disc character.

• Felicia has yet to appear in an official English language gameplay video because of the ESRB.

So yeah, no gameplay video of Felicia because apparently she's too "risqué" for the ESRB's tastes or whatever. Ugh.

Anywho, smart move in regards to dropping the Thing. It's interesting to hear that the Human Torch was going to be in there originally, though. That being said I'm not too upset about his removal considering that Kl'rt is a pretty cool replacement, and that it's always a fun thing to have more villains in the roster. Not to mention that his gameplay looks awesome from what I've seen so far. That hyper combo of his is nothing short of brutal.

Also, it's intriguing how persistent Capcom was in shoehorning Shuma-Gorath in there, considering how incredibly minor of a character he is in the comics from what I've seen. Not to mention there are plenty of characters out there that have had more appearances than he has in the series - such as Gambit, who's appeared in all four previous titles.

I'm happy Shuma-Gorath got in though, he was one of my mains in MvC2 and I love the guy, he's like a cute lovecraftian monster who consumes souls and looks adorable doing it. I know he's not very important where he comes from, but I am glad Capcom have taken a fondness of him and adapted him in their own to be more popular in this series. He both had a unique fighting style and appearance.

http://twitter.com/klennox22

The only remaining stage is Metro City. There are 8 altogether (in addition to the final boss' stage). #mvc3

The remaining Capcom characters are Hsien-Ko, Haggar and Akuma. #mvc3

The remaining Marvel characters are Phoenix, Sentinel and Taskmaster. #mvc3

Akuma and Taskmaster are hidden characters. #mvc3

Galactus is the final boss. #mvc3

There will be 2 DLC stages. #mvc3

There will be downloadable characters in addition to Jill and Shuma-Gorath, but not many. Set realistic expectations. #mvc3

Frank was removed from the game over the summer for technical reasons. The silhouettes were never meant to fool anybody... he WAS in. #mvc3

Hsien-Ko and Phoenix will be revealed at Jump Festa this weekend. #mvc3

Haggar, Sentinel, and the Metro City stage will be revealed in January. #mvc3

Akuma and Taskmaster will be revealed in February. #mvc3

The creative deadline was in September. Frank was pulled about two months prior, and there was no time to add a new character in his place. The workload was too heavy as it was. Capcom had to make the decision to pull a Marvel character to even the roster out. Shuma-Gorath was removed from the game to even the sides, and the decision was made to offer him as DLC.

There are no rivals per se, but the roster was created with counterparts in mind. This leads to style balances between the two parties.

Fun fact: Juggernaut was intended to be Haggar's counterpart - brown-clad, hulking characters. Juggernaut was canned and replaced with Sent.

...Who? Looking people are discussing elsewhere but... Why? I mean, all I see is a Twitter account from some person I don't know making claims... Who is this guy anyways. And didn't they say 10 stages before?

/v/ found him but apparently this guy's predictions fall exactly in line with another guy on Twitter (taking this info from Sonic Retro) who allegedly predicted C. Viper before confirmation as well as some of her gameplay traits, such as a focus attack and using EX with a meter. He also said Frank is gonna be DLC, but still no word of Mega Man.

This is probably the more believable prediction so far, it's pretty similar to the few we got back in the past, such as that one guy who leaked the roster but didnt make mention of Mega Man appearing.

Edited by Carbo

Also, where the flying F is Megaman? It seems utterly pointless not to include Capcom's most iconic character when 2 supporting characters from the series are in.

If that is true then I'll be happy for the inclusion of Hsien-ko as she is pretty awesome and will probably be on my team, or at least highly used by me, but at the same time if that is true I will be no ends pissed off Gambit isn't in this.

I like the Sentinels in the Marvel comics but I felt that the character in the games was pretty useless and was just about the best character to cut when going into MvC3, scaling a full scaled Sentinel down makes it seem a bit lame to me and I would defintely have preferred the Juggernaut over this. Bit pissed off over Taskmaster too. He's and awesome character and all, but in the game why not add some more variety? It's not like Marvel are lacking unique characters that could translate easily into a fighting game <_<

wait wat. Is this guy insinuating that Lei-Lei, my favourite Capcom character ever and zombie waifu (<333), is going to be in this game?

DO NOT PLAY ON MY HEART STRINGS, I AM NOT TO BE TEASED LIKE THIS MR. TWITTER GUY.

Also the inclusion of Taskmaster would be freakin' neat, seeing as his fighting style is based off of copying his opponents' abilities.

Edited by HunterTSF

Lei-Lei/Hsien-Ko is probably the most frequently mentioned character in leaks. I wouldn't doubt her inclusion, and oh man would I love Capcom forever.

Odd that Megaman won't be in the game if this turns out to be true. I doubt he wouldn't be DLC if he wasn't in the starting roster, though. Also, Frank being removed right before the creative deadline goes along with him being possible DLC.

Ya know, now, if that's true, I would very much like to call BS on one factor.

Frank was removed from the game over the summer for technical reasons. The silhouettes were never meant to fool anybody... he WAS in. #mvc3

Ladies and gentlemen, THIS is what I'm challenging. I find this pretty hard to believe when you consider his appearance in Tatsunoko VS Capcom on Wii. ON WII. We're talking about the lowest end system of this generation, and he was in no problem towards hardware whatsoever. To say that they did have problems being in the 2 higher end systems does make me raise an eyebrow to this. Well, that and no Mega Man, but that's beside my point. They might have had problems, sure, but I really don't think it's that likely to me unless an official word is said.

Juggernaut was canned and replaced with Sent.

angryl0.png

MAHVEL WHAT IS THIS SHIT.

The remaining Capcom characters are Hsien-Ko, Haggar and Akuma.

The remaining Capcom characters are not Megaman, not Mega Man, and NOT MEGAMAN.

raeg.png

CAPCOM WHAT IS THIS SHIT.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ladies and gentlemen, THIS is what I'm challenging. I find this pretty hard to believe when you consider his appearance in Tatsunoko VS Capcom on Wii. ON WII. We're talking about the lowest end system of this generation, and he was in no problem towards hardware whatsoever. To say that they did have problems being in the 2 higher end systems does make me raise an eyebrow to this. Well, that and no Mega Man, but that's beside my point. They might have had problems, sure, but I really don't think it's that likely to me unless an official word is said.
Technical doesn't necessarily mean power related, they could've fucked up something coding related to character, made an error that was too hard to fix, etc.

Technical reasons could mean anything.

>No Guile

>No Megaman

>Sentinel over Juggernaut

>Half of the SF characters are shotokans

FAIL.png

I want to hear the "logic" behind this. Really.

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ya know, now, if that's true, I would very much like to call BS on one factor.

You do realize that Niitsuma already stated at one point that some of the characters that appeared on silhuettes didn't make the final cut, right?

I'm really surprised that Mega Man hasn't been announced. I'm sure he'll be DLC at the very least, but I want to be able to play as him immediately. And without paying disgusting amounts of money.