Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Pretty sure Ovarloard is updating it right now, but yeah, awesome new Pokemon images that I'm too impatient to comment on, XD.

DAT DAWG IS CUTE!!!!!! Jeez, I want it, I NEED IT, D;! Glad to see that the evolutions to the starters are fo' realz, <3. The pirate fish are sexy, and that cat looks interesting, 8D. I dun know if the whole "no evolution-add-ons" are true or not yet. I mean, that bison looks like it could come from Tauros and that new heartfish looks like Luvdisc, D;. If they are completely new, that's fine, it's just they look highly similar.

I'm REALLY liking the deer. The different seasons for it's antlers and shizz is da bomb.

Man, I can't wait until everything is shown, I'm way to excited!

-Blur

...There's no way that that EV and IV change can be right. If that were the case, shouldn't Pokémon from gen 4 be incompatible with the gen 5 games, considering the Pokémon's stats in gen 4 games are generated by the EV and IV systems from those games. Also the base stat changes would also mean that the Pokémon from the old games would be incompatible since their stats were also generated by those.

I was hoping that this would be the case, but then I saw the article on pokejungle and, well...

IV Values now have 8 kinds instead of 6

There will be some kind of modification for the pokemon coming over from previous generations to fix their stats

4 EVs per battle

Gaining Effort values has also changed

Please don't be true. Just. Don't. Be. True.

Hidden Power now varies in base power between 60 and 70 (UPD)

Eh, okay, I guess. The only thing it'll do is make Hidden Power more viable in-game; barely anybody in competitive battling uses HP without 70 power (the few who do use less than 70 power do so for the extra benefit of Technician).

No new natures are being introduced

So if there are new types of IVs, that would mean new stats, yes? And yet if no new natures are announced, those new stats'll be unable to be used to their full potential in battle. :(

26 new abilities

156 total new pokemon (5 being distribution-only)

Nothing special here.

Hypnosis accuracy lowered to 55%, Dark Void’s accuracy now 50%

ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW GAME FREAK RAEG

There go all those Dark Void Smeargle/Darkrai VGC strategies, as NEITHER are viable on ANYBODY unless you're against a Machamp with No Guard or with some other ability that affects accuracy.

Triple Battles and Rotation Battles are encountered many times

PokeShifter is mentioned as being… less than desirable

Eh, in-game stuff. If they're not that great I can bear with them until I'm ready to use the games competitively.

Random Match has two modes; 6vs6 Single and 4vs4 Double

YES. I <3 YOU FOR THIS GAME FREAK (except I'd still like you better if you raised the accuracy of the sleep moves). Battle Revolution's Random Battle feature was lacking in people to play (as it required separate purchase) and proper battles (single battles were conducted with three Pokés from each side). Now, I can finally have a real random battle. Without the need for friend codes. On my DS so I can play when I don't have access to a Pokémon online simulator.

Random Match adheres to Battle Tower rules

Okay, maybe not. I want to have more than one Leftovers or Life Orb on my team, come on, Game Freak.

New rule called ‘Fresh’ which allows only pokemon trained in Black/White can be used

What? I'm just going to ignore this rule in-game; my perfectly EV'd Choice Band Milotic is not going to be replaced by some random new 5th gen monster who has no experience in the battling scene.

Battle Subway has a WiFi component

Didn't see this one coming.

DSi users will be able to participate in events at McDonalds in which they can scan a barcode to receive an item or pokemon

Amazing.

But not really, because I don't have a DSi and I barely go to McDonalds... if this even comes to the US.

New HM to change seasons

Now that's pretty cool; I'm hoping that it has a decent in-battle effect as well.

AND FINALLY

corocoro-1.jpg

corocoro-2.jpg

corocoro-3.jpg

corocoro-4.jpg

corocoro-5.jpg

Sweeeeet.

EDIT: AAAAAAAND translations are UP!

Dento (Grass), Poddo (Fire), and Kon (Water) are the Sanyou City Gym Leaders. As stated in the previous post, the Gym specializes in Grass, Fire, and Water. Depending on the Starter Pokemon you choose, you will face the Gym Leader of the type that is stronger than you (like when you battle your rival in previous games). They will use their elemental monkeys and possibly other Pokemon of their type.

Jyanobii - Tsutarja evolution - Grass - Grass Snake Pokemon - 0.8m - 16.0kg - Overgrow

Chaobuu - Pokabu's evolution - Fire/Fighting - Fire Pig Pokemon - 1.0m - 55.5kg - Blaze

Futachimaru - Mijumaru's evolution - Water - Meditation Pokemon - 0.8m - 24.5kg - Torrent

Yanappu - Grass - Grass Monkey Pokemon - 0.6m - 10.5kg - Gluttony

Baoppu - Fire - High Temperature Pokemon - 0.6m - 11.0kg - New move called "Flame Burst" which damages nearby opponents.

Hiyappu - Water - Water Pouring Pokemon - 0.6m - 13.5kg - New move called "Boiling Water" which is Water-type move but can Burn.

Basurao - Violent Pokemon - Water - Reckless/Adaptability - Has two formes, as shown.

Yorterrie - Puppy Pokemon (based on a Yorkie) - Normal - Pick-Up

Choroneko - Ill Natured Pokemon - Dark - Limber/Unburden

Desukan - Coffin Pokémon - Ghost - Mummy

Ononokusu - Jaw Horn Pokemon - Dragon - Rivalry/Mold Breaker

Denchura - Electric Spider Pokemon - Bug/Electric - Compoundeyes/Anxiety

Doryuuzu - Deep Earth Pokemon - Ground/Steel - Sand Scatter/Sand Power

Baffalon - Headbutting Cattle Pokemon - Normal - Reckless/Herbivore

Dangoro - Mantle Pokemon - Rock - Sturdy

Mebukijika - Shikijika's evolution - Seasonal Pokemon - Normal/Grass - Herbivore/Chlorophyll

Tabunne - Listening Pokemon - Normal - Healing Heart/Regeneration - Chansey of this region?

Monmen - Cotton Ball Pokemon - Grass - Mischievous Heart/Slip Through

Churine - Stump Pokemon - Grass - Chlorophyll/Own Tempo

Tamageruke - Mushroom Pokemon - Grass/Poison - Effect Spore

New move called "Boiling Water" which is Water-type move but can Burn.

HAHAHAHAHA that's pretty clever, but it's also pretty stupid

also HEY HEY HOLY SHIT YES

About this guy

corocoro-4.jpg

corocoro41.jpg

corocoro4.jpg

Denchura - Electric Spider Pokemon - Bug/Electric - Compoundeyes/Anxiety

SKULLDER FUCK YEAR

Edited by Ovarloard

corocoro-1.jpg

I thought the fire evolution was fake? oO Well... I like his third form. And Mijimaru's second form.. And didn't we see that spider a few months ago and say it was fake? xD

And we finally see the coffin from the front!

The deer is kinda cool.

And last but not leats: AFRO TAUROS!!! AWESOME!

Edited by MarcelloF

We saw screenshots of the spider and sarcophagus, and then some fake artwork to go with it.

Fire/fighting starter? FUCKING 3 TIMES IN A ROW? Ugh, that's stupid. All of the starters for this gen end up rather undesirable.

Sorry guys, these are fake.

The page with that Budew lookalike? Those are fanart from the guy who told Serebii that the starter evos were real.

The page with that Budew lookalike? Those are fanart from the guy who told Serebii that the starter evos were real.

Got a source? I want to believe you!

No, no, no. The Coro Coro scans aren't fake, the guy who drew that fanart was asked to draw it by PokeBeach so they could show off what the new Pokemon looked like prior to them obtaining the official art.

The mushroom Pokemon with a Pokeball on its head is FUCKING AMAZING btw, as is Afrobull.

It doesn't, if you look closely.

It has a lot more ruffles(?) at the bottom. The leaves around its neck are also off.

Edited by Chooch

No, no, no. The Coro Coro scans aren't fake, the guy who drew that fanart was asked to draw it by PokeBeach so they could show off what the new Pokemon looked like prior to them obtaining the official art.

The mushroom Pokemon with a Pokeball on its head is FUCKING AMAZING btw, as is Afrobull.

Thanks. I couldn't tell if they were just fanarts because of the translation, but the number of pages made a hoax seem unlikely. It's a mighty shame that all these are real just because of the awful starter evos.

But...

The Wotter evo looks fucking awesome

DAMMIT

Aw hell naw! Those better be fake. Skullder looks so NOT Skullder. I was really expecting a badass spider like that fake artwork that we saw a while ago! This one is so NOT badass.

And SO HELP GAME FREAK if that give us ANOTHER Fire/Fighting.

Edited by Black Spy

Wait, does this mean the FUCK UGLY third stage evolutions of the starters we saw last week are real then? Because how the fuck was that... thing Wotter had as a third evo anything like a samurai?

God motherfucking dammit I give up.

First they're fake now they're not now there's an assload of other pokémon that could be fake. There's a fucking bull and Luvdisc look alike, neither of which are apparently evolutions. Just fuck it all. I'm done with these games until 1) they come out in Japan and I make sure the starters aren't hideous and 2) I buy it myself.

Too many potential spoilers and fakes and uuuuugh.

UNTIL NEXT TIME, SEE YA.

Mind = blown! WTF?! So the fake starter evos are real, but they can be fake? @_@ please dont be true >> looks to real to be fake...but like somebody else said...how does mijimarus evo resemble a samurai at all?

Pokabus evo is looking less ugly for me and his final evo is decent...Ill have to decide between him or Tsutaaja....although Mijimarus 2nd evo is win...GOSH!!! Somebody confirm this is fake or real!!! >__<

And this is why we hate the internet kids. Never listen to what anyone says unless it happens. :P

Personally I wouldn't mind Pokabu's evo fake or not. Sad that its fake. I was hoping for Hamon. :P

So that means that the info we got is fake!?! All of it!?! D:

Edited by Rotom