Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Also why doesn't Wotter have his shell in that art?

He does. He's holding it in one of his hands.

That's awesome Ferno! :lol: I owe you a +1 for that. I've used all of my +1's for today and we staff get like 20 for the whole day too :lol:

He does. He's holding it in one of his hands.

Didn't notice. Although in the games he moves his arms and his shell seems to be attached to his chest.

Ferno: I lol'd.

I didn't even know Mijumaru could take off his shell.

Edited by Torcano

I didn't notice that :blink: I thought the shell was an image on his belly, like a tattoo. I didn't know it was an actual shell. Mind blown! :blink:

I'm pretty sure in early episodes and promo pics, ash had some brown highlights in his eyes?

In any case the previews excite me more than the promos for Hoenn and Sinnoh ever did, also I hope that new photographer character means another Pokemon Snap in the future? :3 The animaton looks like its getting a decent upgrade too, Mijumaru looks so adorable (and its great to see it's looking happier in the anime)

bestwishes_promo.jpg

I'm ok with this.

Dento looks like he came out of Peanuts in this. XD

And he's supposed to be a gym leader too eh? They're probably going to make him the next Brock.

And I'm going to miss Brock. ;____;

DRYING PAN and PRECIOUS WATER won't be the same without him! ;_____;

So... I just thought of something.

We currently know of 39 officially revealed pokémon. But let's keep things simple and just say 40. Let's say each one of them get's one evolution... yes some will have two and some will have none but if you give one to each it kind of balances that out.

Now we know also that MURKA Isshu has no gaijin pokémon, everything is going to be fresh. So we can assume with little doubt that we'll have a total of say 150 or so new pokémon. Of which we know 40 for sure. But their evolutions, we kinda can guess what they'll be like, can we not? So 40 pokémon we know of and 40 we have an idea about for 80.

What I'm saying is: 80 of the pokémon in the Isshu dex, likely half or more, will not be particularly surprising. We essentially know or have some idea of how half the dex looks and only half of it will be completely out of the blue, for those of us not spoiling the game.

I don't know if I made much sense, but I'm a little disappointed. I would have liked to be really shocked by a lot of species but now not too many will do that.

As far as I can tell, there are two possible reasons why so many Generation V Pokemon have been revealed already.

1. Because no older Pokemon will appear in Isshu until postgame, Game Freak really wanted to sell fans on the new monsters before the game's release to minimize the backlash.

2. Generation V will be really, really huge. It's looking like it'll have to be 150ish new monsters anyway, but it might be even bigger than that. I kind of hope it is, honestly, to avoid the kind of imbalance we saw with the D/P Sinnoh dex.

Anyway, no matter which one it is (and I'm guessing that it'll be a combination of both), I'm not bothered by so many new Pokemon having been revealed. I'll have totally spoiled myself on the Japanese version well before the game's released in English anyway, after all, and there's still the fun of seeing all of the older Pokemon's animated sprites to look forward to. In some ways, I'm actually anticipating that even more.

corocoro-special-combo-attacks.jpg

Pokémon Black & White - New Details - Combo Attacks

The first details on special CoroCoro magazine; CoroCoro Special's October issue have started to come out through a Twitter, with thanks to Sabonea Masukippa for translation. This issue confirms a new feature within Double & Triple Battles called Combination Attacks. These attacks can be joined together if you select both attacks by selecting two or more specific attacks. Three examples of these attacks include Grass Oath, Fire Oath and Water Oath. We don't know how these work exactly but we have three examples;

If you use Grass Oath and Water Oath, the moves combine to make a Moor attack which lowers your opponent's speed.

In addition to that, Fire Oath and Water Oath create a Rainbow in the sky which boosts the likelihood of secondary effects occuring for your team mates.

Grass Oath & Fire Oath creates a Field of Fire which will cause damage to the opponents each turn.

These combinations, as well as being done together, also need to be done in order. For example, for the Grass/Fire Oath one, you'll need to use Grass Oath and then Fire Oath. It is unknown if all combination moves will be like this.

inb4thunderandflycombofromanime

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

inb4thunderandflycombofromanime

THEY'RE USING THE ELECTRICITY AS ARMOUR!

Anyway, these combo attacks sound quite interesting. The combinations they create sound quite creative, however the only one that sounds really useful is the rainbow, which could be really useful with certain team mates, particularly Jirachi with iron head. This is because of the fact that Jirachi has an ability that makes iron head's flinch rate go up from 30% to 60%. Now, with this rainbow up, if it doubles the chances of secondary effects from an attack happening Jirachi's Iron Heads will literally always cause the foe to flinch. Hopefully it only lasts a few turns, otherwise Jirachi will be pretty broken in multi Pokémon battles. The Grass/Fire one could be ok as well, depending on how much damage it does each turn, however it doesn't seem amazing unless it does more or less damage depending on typing like steath rock does. The water/grass one doesn't sound too useful though unless the effects stay if the opponents switch out, as if that were the case you'd be better off just using something like tailwind or trick room, because that way you would be able to outspeed more of the foes Pokémon for longer.

Trailer:

At the one minute mark. So much for Iris being an anime exclusive character.

Commercial:

Hms confirmed.

Edited by Torcano

Normally, I wouldn't post something like this but the circumstances behind the post has encouraged me to do it. A short time ago, a user posted on the Japanese forum 2ch various images of what are allegedly the evolutions of the starter Pokémon; Tsutarja, Pokabu & Mijumaru. This post was placed upon 2ch's Siberia board where leaks have come in the past. For example, the starters names, Professor Araragi, Team Plasma and both Triple & Rotation Battles were posted there back in April, way before they were included in CoroCoro. As 2ch publically logs the IP, I was able to trace the IP of the posters of both rumours to the same area of Japan running on the same ISP, which in itself isn't significant but does add credence to this. These images are NOT CONFIRMED AT ALL so don't take them as fact yet. However, due to the circumstances stated above, I am going to post them. Just remember that these are not confirmed and may very well turn out to be fake. We'll bring more on this as and when it comes

Spoilered just in case.

BWEvolvedStarters.png

My thoughts:

The grass one ending up as a snake like that? Crazy. And Wotter looking like that? That's some strange progression. Can't say I like the fire ones either

I'm really loving Pokabu's third evo. It reminds me of Ganon which is freaking awesome. Mijumaru's final form shocked me though. It doesn't resemble its first 2 forms at all, Which is strange, it still looks awesome though.

Edited by D_O_F

My thoughts:
Well,

we've known Smugleaf was a snake for a while now. The real question is why it had limbs in the first place.

Anyway, expanded thoughts:

Wotter still looks doofy all the way through, but I like the other two. Smugleaf remains as smug and classy as always, and the pig goes from goofy-tough in its second form to badass in its third (though it looks like a fighting type and I really, really don't want yet another fire/fighting starter). So aside from Wotter (who I didn't have high hopes for anyway), I'm cool with this.

Well,

we've known Smugleaf was a snake for a while now. The real question is why it had limbs in the first place.

Oh I know that, but I mean the way that he actually ends up looking like a snake with no limbs is weird.

Guys, these are fake. :P

Milotic, rhyperior, and dialga bases.

Eh. Disregard this. They're REALLY similar, but who knows?

Edited by Mega
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't have pics of the exact poses, but a friend pointed this out to me, and if you look closely, it's pretty easy to tell that the art copied the anatomy of the aforementioned Pokemon. For example...

483.png

The shell on the water evo's head looks far too similar to the shape of dialga's head crest.

Edited by Mega

I'm not sure I have a clue what you're talking about there. There's every chance that these are fake (I think I'd be ultimately pleased if they were) but the source has previously been reliable.

Eh, I suppose. :|a Like I said, it was just mentioned to me, and I looked at the aforementioned Pokes. I guess the source is pretty reliable, but if that's the case, then I'm not exactly pleased with them, barring Tsutarja's evo.

But I guess with all the pika copies it's not impossible.