Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

I was browsing Bulbapedia and found this out: The three elemental monkeys are based of of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_wise_monkeys

I think that's pretty cool. I'm curious if there'll be a 4th one..

Ohhhhhh... That makes sense. That's pretty clever if you ask me.

Speaking of inspiration for pokemon...

Smugleaf Tsutarja is based off the anime The Rose of Versailles according to bulbapedia. That might mean that Smugleaf Tsutaria going to be girly if it hasn't showed that already. XD

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a rose.

Edited by Rotom

So, people in Japan have gotten their hands on the game, and with it, pictures arose. It was really just the Box (Like the one with HG/SS) and the back of the box-art. But, they also showed the manual, and with it, the Gym Leaders:

BWGymLeaders.jpg

The first 3 have been cropped off because we know the first 2, but, you see who's at the bottom?

iris.jpg

That's right, IRIS IS THE LAST GYM LEADER! A DRAGON ONE TOO!

HATERSGONNAHATE.png

Also, the starter 2nd Stage evos were announced today on the official website.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Spoiler business.

I never had a problem with Iris myself, but holy crud this is not going to make people happy. Well, that or they'll pull a Mijumaru and suddenly all start liking her. I actually like all of these Gym Leaders, though, especially Boss Hogg there... I only wish that there could have finally been a dark-type gym. Sigh.

It's actually kind of cool that Ash will be travelling with two Gym Leaders again, though. Maybe some actual plot will come of Iris being the eighth? Maybe? Or maybe they'll just give her a bunch of sisters, ugh.

Not sure how much of a spoiler this is but...

(HM spoilers)

DIVE IS BACK MOFOS

I now love this game, despite the starters being real.

And with that I begn my five +- media blackout of these games. So long, and UNTIL NEXT TIME SEE YA.

OMG MASSIVE LEAKING at serebii! A lot of new pokémon and evos! I must say that Im quite dissapointed with the monkey trio evos. But OMG! Shimamas evo is downright KICKASS! he is definitely in my team! crocs evo is also neat, rankurusus and gochirezus pre-evos = kawaii! Im not showing the images cause Im lazy :P

EDIT: So far my team will definitely have: Shimama, Megurokko, Wooguru and Rankurusu (might even have denchura, cause his pre-evo is so cute....and slightly disturbing xD) Also I think Ill choose Tsutarja, cause overall his designs are cooler all the way through. Still sad Pokabu ended with crappy evos :(

Edited by dabbido

OMG MASSIVE LEAKING at serebii! A lot of new pokémon and evos! I must say that Im quite dissapointed with the monkey trio evos. But OMG! Shimamas evo is downright KICKASS! he is definitely in my team! crocs evo is also neat, rankurusus and gochirezus pre-evos = kawaii! Im not showing the images cause Im lazy :P

You mean I'm actually gonna have to drag my ass over there to see the new info? You basterd! :D

*Runs over to Serebii*

You mean I'm actually gonna have to drag my ass over there to see the new info? You basterd! :D

*Runs over to Serebii*

ROFL Yeah Im one lazy bastard xD Its a lot of pics so..yeah..

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

To be fair it does look better than the artwork. Not much, but a little bit.

I don't understand how that's supposed to be a samurai or how his armor on his legs can turn into a sword.

It looks like I'm starting with Pokabu.. Too bad, Mijimaru had a cool second form..

By the way, what the fuck was up with the dude saying he drew them<_<

Edited by MarcelloF

Wotter: once shit, always shit. Gamefreak, why do you have to go out of your way to make all the starter Pokémon looked absolutely wretched?

Oh well, final confirmation that the final evos are true! To be honest Mijimarus final evo is nice, it just doesnt fit his previous forms. That pretty much confirms Tsutajaa will be my starter =3

Am I the only one who likes Mijimaru's final evolution? Maybe is the 'staches, or the fact that he has facial hair, but I find it interesting. Of course the freaking pig with a beard made of flame is also intriguing. All right, I think this time is "Head or Cross" for me.

Edited by Franlight

thumb_2010_09_16_1421.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The leak was true :(

Lots of new videos at GoNintendo:

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=136379

I'm not seeing why people hate on Wotter?

The boy looks G, and he's a lot better looking then the last starters we had(except Piplup). Looking at him reminds me of Digimon.

16440841.png

Liking the way he looks to.

I don't necessarily dislike the final water starter, but it's a terrible evolution of it. Otter > Otter > Sea lion. There's nothing in common there at all.

I am once again wishing I could get Cyndaquil as a starter. Pokabu not evolving into a fire boar and being a ANOTHER fire/fighting starter is just fail. And the entire Wotter line is also fail. Oh, an otter Pokemon. Awesome! Wonder what the third evolution looks li... what the f' is that?

O-M-G!!!! pretty much all pokemon leaked! >o< http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml Dont go unless you want to be spoiled. I kinda wish I didnt see that >> Well I must say Theres some cool ones, and a lot of "WTF" ones. ...kinda dissapointed really... Megurokkos final evo is win ;3

Most of those don't appeal to me at all, because they're so odd looking. I lol'd at the

3 ice cream Pokémon

:lol:

I go down the list of Pokemon and only become more and more disappointed.

All the Pokemon that started out looking good only got worse designs as they evolved.

So verdicts on the starter all round

Grass goes from alright, to eh, to lame.

Fire goes from cool, to bad, to awful.

Water goes from cool, to awesome, to terrible.

As far as starters go... Gen 4 > Gen 1 > Gen2 > Gen 3 > Colosseum and every other spin off title > Gen 5.

The rest of the Pokémon vary from rather decent to pretty dreadful. I'll have to wait to see the art though.

Looking through the sprites, I notice Swana has an initial evolution before itself. And it's a rather oblivious looking duck. We now have an ugly duckling that evolves into a swan. Awesome.

Just looked at the spoiler.

Something doesn't sit well with me.

I can name count more than 6 Pokemon with retardedly high offensive stats.

This Generations Dragonite has a base 147 attack and a similarly ridiculous speed.

Almost all of the pokemon listed here have such massive stat counts. The only exeptions are a few odd pokemon and the starters.

It just doesn't feel right...

Edited by Scar

To the people complaining about Wotter's evo not making sense, lets look at the Totodile line:

>Crocodile >Crocodile >Ailigator.

It's not the best example, but it's something I thought of.

Anyways: I like the starter evos (except Pokabu's 2nd Evo, but it'll grow on me) and I like most of them.

Voltorb/Electrode is still the worst designs in Pokemon history though.