Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

History with major hardware releases (as in not redesigns) has been pretty good with being semi-simultaneous.

Super Nintendo (staggered twice). Nintendo 64 (staggered twice). Gamecube (sorta). Gameboy Advance.

They're not being absurd with their guess at all.

I didn't say the guess was absurd. But it is still a wild ass guess, particularly when Nintendo is currently facing the exact same situation that they did when they decided to stagger the DSi release (sales dead in Japan, still strong everywhere else). I'm also 95% sure that Nintendo did the same thing with the GBA release, because the GBC was still selling quite well outside of Japan at the time.

My point is simply that we have no substantive clue when the thing will come out, and we can't very well say "Precedent implies X" while ignoring a completely different, just-as-valid precedent which implies something else entirely.

Edited by Tornado

A LARGE HYPE APPROACHES!

European Press have (apparently) been invited to the Japanese 3DS Conference. US Press, as you can see here, have not been. Now, you'd assume this meant something like, oh, Europe is to receive the 3DS before America, but frankly with Nintendo it's very hard to tell what the hell's going on before they tell us themselves.

countdown.png

It was getting on my nerves and I decided that it was about time it stopped being so irritating. Anyway, back to the topic...

That's cool. Hopefully we'll get an EU release date :D Also, Nintendo are going to be attending Gamefest 2010, an event which is hoping to be an annual videogame trade show as big as E3 and TGS, so hopefully we'll get some big news there.

http://www.gamefest.es/

It was getting on my nerves and I decided that it was about time it stopped being so irritating. Anyway, back to the topic...

You're no fun Patticus.

Yeah I'm holding out for a EU release date as well, 'before March' just don't cut it anymore.

Professor Layton on the 3DS? Interested.

Ugh since I'm going to be buying a Wii in a couple of weeks, this pretty much uses up my "one console per two/three years" quota. It's not like I was going to buy a 3DS on launch day though - I just hope Paper Mario 4 doesn't become stupidly rare and another Kirby game doesn't get released until then!

WTF 200 EURO's

That is MASSIVE, even for Nintendo, its more expensive than the Wii.

That's a perfectly reasonable price which is not way above the Wii, let alone a DSi XL. PSP's launch price wasn't much different.

Edited by Columind

I can live with that price point. Its a little steep, but its not as ungodly high as it could have been.

But its NINTENDO.

I could Understand if it were SONY, since, "Premium" is their whole selling point, but Nintendo?

Oh well, the Tech has to come from somewhere.

This gives Sony the Opprtunity to undercut Intendo with the PSP, if its real that is....

200 Euros is perfectly acceptable for what we would be getting, but it also represents about the top of what Nintendo will be able to get away with charging in the current market climate. I'd expect about $250 when it comes over here. I also expect Sony to absolutely decimate PSP prices to try and capitalize on it while they are getting the PSP2 ready.

But its NINTENDO.

You are thinking of a Nintendo that no longer exists, and hasn't existed for half a decade.

Edited by Tornado

That's a perfectly reasonable price which is not way above the Wii, let alone a DSi XL. PSP's launch price wasn't much different.

PSP was 49€ more..

I don't see what's so bad about this price. Sure, 150€ would've been better, but this is ok.

If the price does turn out to be around $200, then I think it's pretty fair price considering the market today. Considering the DS XL is about $170 right now, it wouldn't be a huge price jump.

If the price does turn out to be around $200, then I think it's pretty fair price considering the market today. Considering the DS XL is about $170 right now, it wouldn't be a huge price jump.

No the Rumor is NOT $200, its 200€ or about £195.

That in US terms is about $250-260

200 Euro's eh? I think, I can live with that! Not as bad as I expected, and pretty much il save up (Or wait until my 15th Birthday) so yeh.

Don't take this seriously guys, it's BS. Ocarina of Time 3D was still in the planning stages at E3. In other words, it's not going to be a launch title. Those crazy Germans pulled it out of their ass.

Backlit buttons? How 1994 of them.

3DS buttons to be backlit?

A little birdy tells us something new about the final version of the 3DS – backlit buttons are on the cards.

The 3DS rumour mill continues to grind away, and we’ve just got hold of a juicy little nugget. The buttons on the front of the 3DS are likely to be backlit. That’s the D-Pad, the A, B, X, Y Start, Select, Power and Home buttons – as well as the 3D depth indicator to the right of the unit.

This information comes from a reliable contact, and the source is an individual working for a major developer. Unfortunately, we can’t get more specific. Having said all that, this news should still bear a great big “Rumour!” disclaimer around its neck.

Due caution aside, let’s get speculating! There are a few bits of cumulative evidence that support the info. Firstly, there’s the fact that back-lighting buttons is becoming a standard practice in handheld devices – gadgets like mobile phones have been doing it for years. Secondly, just take a closer look at an image of the console itself:

Linky.

I love it.

Pointless, but awesome. Might 3DSs with different colour schemes have differently coloured backlights? Could they pulsate in time with rhythms and beats in games? Visual stimulation under my thumb. Yum.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pointless, but awesome. Might 3DSs with different colour schemes have differently coloured backlights? Could they pulsate in time with rhythms and beats in games? Visual stimulation. Yum.

Oh shit, I hadn't even thought of that. They could do it like the

before Dell ruined them.

Pointless, but awesome. Might 3DSs with different colour schemes have differently coloured backlights? Could they pulsate in time with rhythms and beats in games? Visual stimulation under my thumb. Yum.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

• Thumbs Up 2

Steel Diver, a submariner game that was originally shown as a tech demo for the DS (the sub controls made rather impressive use of the touch screen back in the day), is apparently making a comeback. Evidently, a small team has been working away on the game (in their spare time, perhaps) ever since, and now it's a full 3DS game.

0.png

3ds_steeldiver_00sshw_e3.jpg

According to peeps in the know, this could be a pack in, as the game is meant to have some amazing 3D effects. I think it could be a killer app in the making.