Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

DS Lite has all the problems as far s DS's got. Tinted screens, terrible hinge, many a dead pixel...

I've heard otherwise, but what I was actually refering to is the 'ghosting' problem (I believe that't what they called it). Where images from the bottom screen flahed on the top screen.

One would think so, but I don't think we can assume that they will get it right this time just because they did in the past. They fucked the DS Lite up royally in regards to the clamshell itself after doing things perfectly with the GBA SP and DS Phat.

I didn't mean size, or I would have said size. I said chunky because I meant chunky. Every area on the system has some unnecessarily rough edge or poorly sandwiched panel gap that makes it looks like some kind of Tonka toy, far removed from the smooth rounded edges and paper thin tolerances that all of the DS models after the original have had. Strictly speaking, the system looks like a rough prototype, and when the lid is closed it looks like shit.

Doesn't look bad too me, but then again, that's a matter of opinion. But is the design really that bad? You're going to buy it either way I would imagine

Edited by LunarEdge

Actually, if it ends up looking exactly like that I probably would put off buying it until the inevitable redesigned one comes out. I could put up with the design style being different then the DSL/DSi (which is what most of the differences are a result of), because that is pretty subjective and I could let it slide. But I would not be able to put up with how it looks like they didn't even measure the parts they used to put it together.

Again, I want to see just what Nintendo meant when they said "The design is final."

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I really don't see the big deal. It looks like a DSL/i with 2 cameras on the front. It's like people need t find things to complain about these days.

• Thumbs Up 3

We must not be looking at the same system if you can't see the fitment problems.

I actually don't see any problems. Just like the Psp with it's analog/design, it's just gonna take some getting use too. All I really want is another analog underneath the a,b,y,x buttons

I actually don't see any problems.

:blink:

Each piece of the housing is a completely different size. The top screen surround looks like it is at least half a centimeter larger that the middle housing plate is on both sides.

Seriously, its not difficult to see it. And I know I'm not imagining it because I've seen others mention it.

Edited by Tornado

Agreed. It's would look bad enough the bottom half was larger than the top, but that they have at present just looks ugly.

For those who were thinking a $200 entry price, Nintendo may have just hinted at the legitimacy of the idea. From Slowtaku:

Starting Sept. 12 Nintendo will be dropping the price of the DSi to $150 and the price of the DSi XL to $170. The DS Lite will remain $130.

The price drops lower the two systems by $20 each, down from $170 and $190 respectively.

"We know shoppers want to get the maximum value out of every dollar they spend," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "Our new Nintendo DSi prices make it easier than ever for consumers to access the tremendous variety of games, applications and social tools on the Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL systems."

Linky.

$50 of breathing room between the DSi and 3DS? I think it might be enough. You know, for $150, I probably would have gotten a DSi. I won't now, of course, but still.

Also, "Maximum Value?" :lol:

Edited by Tornado

Well, $200 is pretty steep for a handheld, but I wouldn't mind going as much as that. No more honestly. *looks at PSPGo* If all systems are getting a drop, I'd say that a $50 gap would work pretty well.

Oh damn, that means it's probably gonna cost 25% more than a wii here in Sweden(guess 2500 kr). If i'm lucky its not going to happend but since this is Sweden with it's shitty taxes(25%) it probably will, oh snap.

• 2 weeks later...

A recent tweet by Twitter user @nocchisan has revealed the apparent Japanese release date for Nintendo's next generation handheld game system, the Nintendo 3DS. The 3DS, according to the tweet, will go on sale November 20th.

The tweet announces some merchandise designed by the user slated to go on sale at the same time, and reads as follows:

On November 20th, the 11 goods I designed for use with the 3DS will go on sale simultaneously. Those of you buying the 3DS, please buy them while you're at it! This will be officially announced on the homepage eventually, lol. Best regards. -- @nocchisan <br clear="all">

Nintendo is expected to officially announce the system's release date and retail price at a press conference on September 29th.

The Pokémon games Pokémon Black and White, on sale this coming Saturday, will be playable on the older DS systems.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/3DS_slated_for_November_20th_release

=D=D=D=D=D=D

I hope that isn't only Japan! I really want one for Christmas!

Japan shafted the fuck out of us with the DSi, and Europe will more than likely get a kick in the balls with the release date. This isn't really such a massive deal for the rest of the world, I still don't see us getting it earlier than March next year.

20th November for Japan?

...2011 for Europe then, I'm guessing. Unless they're going for a near simultaneous worldwide release. But seeing as this is Nintendo, I'm doubtful.

*glares at Brawl*

• Thumbs Up 3

November 20, that's almost the anniversary of the Wii's stateside release back in 2005. Coincidence? Eh, who knows. At least there's one release date already though, that's a start. Now if only Junction Point studios can take a hint about release dates...

Yeah, it doesn't do us much good in the rest of the world but it is nice to know more info is being revealed. I don't know why they wouldn't want a simultaneous release worldwide just in time for the holidays, though.

I hope to God the U.S. gets it in late November or early December (yeah, I'm selfish. :P). I expect Europe to get screwed again, considering the pattern.

Because they probably wouldn't be able to keep production high enough to actually do one.

That really depends, each region's Nintendo branch handles the production for said region. Europe could have so many damn issues because there's pretty much a different branch for every major country, while the other 2 regions are centralized.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

So I was browsing the list of 3DS games on Wikipedia and Persona is on it. What the hell? I wonder if Persona 2 will be getting some love anytime soon.

Also, Devil Survivor? They're remaking that game already!?