Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

http://www.gamespot....ws/6271089.html

Hope this isn't true...

*Reads Gamespot article and sees the name*

industry analyst Michael Pachter

I swear I am sick of seeing his name every fucking where at the moment, this is the same guy who saying that Activision should start doing pay to play online for Call of Duty Black Op's so I'm not buying what he saying about the price should/could be higher since everything what comes out of that guys mouth is pure utter shit and just gets paid to speculate and make people believe what he says (well idiot fans of course will believe it).

When the original DS was release it was priced $149.99/£129.99 (getting this from Wikipedia so dunno if that completely true) on it's original launch then the DSi costed around about £149.99 now I think Nintendo will be smart about it and sell the 3DS more than the Original DS and the DSi of course but I say it will cost £190.00/£200.00 in which is a fair price for the system bundle with new games (not sure about the US price though you Americans can figure that out XD) I cannot see this being sold higher than £190.00 - £200.00/$250.00

Edited by Crash

It's Michael bloody Patcher. One should take EVERYTHING he says with a bucket of salt, because he's always wrong.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's Michael bloody Patcher. One should take EVERYTHING he says with a bucket of salt, because he's always wrong.

Pretty much. What was the last thing he said? Actually I'm pretty sure it was on 3DS pricing again...

In any case he hasn't been right for years, so no worries.

Pretty much. What was the last thing he said?

Something about there being a Wii HD being at E3 08. And 09. And 10.

• Thumbs Up 2

Whether the liar was actually a well respected analyst or not I'd never dig 250€ off my pocket for a 3DS. That was how much I paid for a freaking Wii, just too pricey for an handheld in my opinion.

I estimate 199€/$ for the device, more expensive than DS at launch but not too overkill. It needs to have a friendly price anyway if Nintendo wants to beat whatever Sony's going to throw in regarding the PSP and stuff.

Edited by MickX

Something about there being a Wii HD being at E3 08. And 09. And 10.

Pretty much. Although at E3'10 he actually said he'd given up with WiiHD ever happening xD

EDIT: To be fair the 3DS sounds like it'll be far better value for money than the Wii.

The Wii is a ripoff at that price and Nintendo are making a killer profit from it. However on the other hand the technology in the 3DS is incredibly impressive so if they sell it too cheap they may actually lose money.

Which Nintendo just won't do either ._.

Edited by SuperLink

Well, if the 3DS will break the 'handheld < home in prices' tendency I guess the 3D effect must be stunningly great and overall a better gimnick than (shabby) motion control. Personally it will discourage me from buying it at launch right away as there are currently few games that catch my interest (MK3DS a maybe only).

Perhaps 219€/$, but I struggle to think higher. It also makes me wonder about the price of 3DS games too, if these go up comparing to DS titles or not... Probably they will if it justifies the technology, though I hope not by much.

Edited by MickX

I hope the 3DS isn't too pricey. I really want this handheld. >3>

Also I don't think the 3D is a gimmick at all. I think it's pretty clever, actually. Better and nicer than motion control. =]

Pretty much. Although at E3'10 he actually said he'd given up with WiiHD ever happening xD

EDIT: To be fair the 3DS sounds like it'll be far better value for money than the Wii.

The Wii is a ripoff at that price and Nintendo are making a killer profit from it. However on the other hand the technology in the 3DS is incredibly impressive so if they sell it too cheap they may actually lose money.

Which Nintendo just won't do either ._.

N64.

N64.

Nintendo have changed, man.

The GC was a total bargain, but the Wii is a rip off. They pretty much have the same power afterall, but there's a £50 difference between them, and not only is the GC's technology far cheaper now than it was 7 years ago, but having motion sensing capabilities doesn't add £50 onto the GC's price.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whether the liar was actually a well respected analyst or not I'd never dig 250€ off my pocket for a 3DS. That was how much I paid for a freaking Wii, just too pricey for an handheld in my opinion.

I estimate 199€/$ for the device, more expensive than DS at launch but not too overkill. It needs to have a friendly price anyway if Nintendo wants to beat whatever Sony's going to throw in regarding the PSP and stuff.

PSP's launch price was $249 and is inferior in technical specs when put up with the 3DS. It still sold its fair share and if you'd want to compare the two, 3DS is pretty fair and cheap for what it is.

The DSi XL costs around $229 over where I live. You'd think that the 3DS would be more expensive than that, wouldn't you?

Edited by Columind

Nintendo have changed, man.

The GC was a total bargain, but the Wii is a rip off. They pretty much have the same power afterall, but there's a £50 difference between them, and not only is the GC's technology far cheaper now than it was 7 years ago, but having motion sensing capabilities doesn't add £50 onto the GC's price.

But it wasn't supposed to exceed 199.99 (which it now is). People forget that Nintendo, at least in the United States, was forced to raise the price to 249.99 because, for whatever reason, Wal-Mart would not stock it at a price that low. I don't know about you Eurodudes, but here in AMERIKUH, Nintendo products are still rather affordable.

Also: Michael Pachter. 3DS will now be free. Anything he says is wrong. (HURDURHUR)

Edited by Hero Of Fate

But it wasn't supposed to exceed 199.99 (which it now is). People forget that Nintendo, at least in the United States, was forced to raise the price to 249.99 because, for whatever reason, Wal-Mart would not stock it at a price that low. I don't know about you Eurodudes, but here in AMERIKUH, Nintendo products are still rather affordable.

That can't be right. How much was the GC then?

The Wii really shouldn't have been much more expensive than the GC. If the GC was sold for much cheaper than the Wii in the states, then that Wal-Mart excuse doesn't hold water, especially considering the price dropped anyway.

And yes, UK, Europe and Australia get hugely ripped off for everything.

They forced the price upwards in order to lower the price later on in one of their stupid "rollbacks", which in fact are nothing more than lowering some product prices while raising a lot of others to make up for the losses they make on the rolled back items, which means that any value gained in the rollback is lost if you happen to buy anything they've upped the prices of. Walmart... ugh... repulsive company.

That can't be right. How much was the GC then?

The Wii really shouldn't have been much more expensive than the GC. If the GC was sold for much cheaper than the Wii in the states, then that Wal-Mart excuse doesn't hold water, especially considering the price dropped anyway.

And yes, UK, Europe and Australia get hugely ripped off for everything.

You do realize that, even if the inner workings are only slightly more powerful, it's still going to cost more to manufacture, right? :|

Also, look at what Patticus said.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

You do realize that, even if the inner workings are only slightly more powerful, it's still going to cost more to manufacture, right? :|

10 year old technology + motion crap =/= £50 more than 10 year old technology.

Especially since it's 10 year old technology. Old technology is supposed to get cheaper, not stay the same.

Considering how old the GC's technology is, the Wii could actually be cheaper than the GC was to develop 10 years ago.

Also, look at what Patticus said.

Despite Wal-Mart the rest of the planet still got a worse deal on the Wii than the US did.

10 year old technology + motion crap =/= £50 more than 10 year old technology.

Especially since it's 10 year old technology. Old technology is supposed to get cheaper, not stay the same.

Considering how old the GC's technology is, the Wii could actually be cheaper than the GC was to develop 10 years ago.

Despite Wal-Mart the rest of the planet still got a worse deal on the Wii than the US did.

You apparently still don't understand that it's going to cost more since the video and audio cards were MADE FROM SCRATCH. That is going to cost more, regardless of whether the damn tech is old or not. 3DS, on the other hand, does NOT use a custom GPU. So it WON'T cost as much to produce.

/argument because I'm sick of this circular shit.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

You apparently still don't understand that it's going to cost more since the video and audio cards were MADE FROM SCRATCH. That is going to cost more, regardless of whether the damn tech is old or not. 3DS, on the other hand, does NOT use a custom GPU. So it WON'T cost as much to produce.

Intially, yeah but once they're in mass production they won't cost more. It's still old tech.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Challenger Release Date and Price Approaching

For Japan anyway :P

Nintendo will announce launch and pricing details for the Nintendo 3DS on September 29 in Japan - ten days after the Toyko Game Show closes on September 19.

That's according to the Japanese office of Bloomberg, which has made the announcement of the date of the erm, announcement.

Nintendo put out its latest financial results this morning, which revealed that the firm made a £184m loss in the quarter.

In the same release Nintendo listed all 3DS software with a 'TBA' release, along with a fiscal year 20ll date for the hardware itself - so before March next year.

Yesterday we managed to get our hands on the handheld at a Nintendo event in London. Hit the link to see our Nintendo 3DS pictures - there's

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=257703

You can now buy a Wii in my second hand store for £70...

I don't think the Wii is a rip off at that price.

Nintendo UK teases price -

How much is the Nintendo 3DS? I dunno! Nintendo does, let's hear what it has to say.

Website Electricpig asked Nintendo's marketing manager James Honeywell about the Nintendo 3DS pricing to which Honeywell replied:

"Price, we haven't made any kind of announcement at the moment, but for everyone who already knows, you know, the Nintendo DSi is available for around £129.99. The Nintendo DSi XL, with the larger screens, is around £159.99. So obviously, it's going to fit, kind of, somewhere within that kind of architecture."

Hrm. Hrm. Hrm. Pricing architecture sounds fancy! Obviously, these are UK prices so feel free to convert for guestimations for your region.

http://kotaku.com/5599408/nintendo-uk-hints-at-3ds-pricing

• Thumbs Up 1

You can now buy a Wii in my second hand store for £70...

I don't think the Wii is a rip off at that price.

That's a bargain, however that's not Nintendo's RRP.

Nintendo charged too much for the Wii, second hand stores can sell it at whatever price they wish.