Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

And they say Iizuka is bad at interviews :lol:

Although, I'm okay with the price if the don't just change the dollar sign to a euro sign. If they really convert the price it's only 220€, which is 30€ cheaper than the PSP

Edited by MarcelloF

Well, then. It definitely looks like NoA and NoE are going to reconsider the pricing for the 3DS before it hits here, because they're certainly not getting positive feedback about that. :rolleyes:

Okay, Because I wouldn't even go that much. $250 at most for me, and probably a lot of other people.

As for the virtual console on here, on Zelda Universe they say that Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening DX are some of the games getting a 3D upgrade? Don't know if it's already been talked about here, but I hope it's true, =D. Some of my favorite GB games thar, <3.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/gamingnintendo-news/3ds-gets-official-japanese-release-date-february-26th-2011/

*shrugs* it was just the first I've heard of it, ^^".

-Blur

If Sega decides to follow Nintendo's lead and turn to 3D some of its retro classics, who wants to bet that Sonic will be among the first to be converted? Now, I'm not saying they'll do a good job (lord knows they've done some awful handheld conversions; even the last recently-released one was badly proportioned on the screen), but it might be pretty nifty.

As for the virtual console on here, on Zelda Universe they say that Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening DX are some of the games getting a 3D upgrade? Don't know if it's already been talked about here, but I hope it's true, =D. Some of my favorite GB games thar, <3.

L-Link's Awakening 3D? Not only is one of my favourite games ever being re-released on a modern handheld, but it's going to get a nifty-keen 3D upgrade? Whoo~! The idea of seeing such primitive graphics in 3D kind of baffles me, but in a pleasant way. I'm intrigued... I mean, all things taken with a grain of salt, but still. If there was one thing that could get me even more stupidly hyped for the 3DS, it's this.

...what I really want to see now is Pokemon Red and Blue in 3D. Imagine the pixelly wonders!

Super Mario Land?? In 3D?! Holy shit this just got real.

Now, how about the original Kirby's Dream Land, Nintendo?

Edited by Earthworm Swiss

Hey guys I thought of something (that's if no one else has thought of it). Being that this is backwards compatible with DS games, do you think it's possible to use the slide pad as a d-pad and/or the dpad itself on the 3DS when playing ds games? o=

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure, but it would sure as hell make some 3D games less of a bitch to play. Sure you'd still be limited to 8-directions but playing with an analogue-stick would make it much better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys I thought of something (that's if no one else has thought of it). Being that this is backwards compatible with DS games, do you think it's possible to use the slide pad as a d-pad and/or the dpad itself on the 3DS when playing ds games? o=

You know what, I never even had that thought. I hope so, to be honest

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it'd be kinda cool to see the 3DS also include some alternative versions of console games - like the way the PSP has it's own version LittleBigPlanet with different levels, a little more simple etc., different enough for PS3 owners to want to own it on the PSP as well but similar enough that people with a PSP but no PS3 can get in on the LBP experience... Wouldn't it be cool to have a Mario Galaxy game that was like that, for example? Slightly simpler engine, all new levels, presented in 3D?

Mario Galaxy, Wind Waker, a variation on the Smash Bros. theme, Red Steel, Dead Space; all could be made to work well on the 3DS. Dead Space in particular could be especially good if it were like Extraction and made effective use of the 3D screen. Similarly, an on-rails Resident Evil might be quite nice, or a Luigi's Mansion adaptation or sequel. I'd like to see a GTA game on the platform too, but I don't know if it would necessarily suit 3D if viewed from above like Chinatown Wars was, nor am I sure if a standard behind-the-back view would suit either. Hmm, if it worked on the PSP it might work on the DS.

The possibilities that exist for adaptations or sequels are really something. =3

It's going to be interesting, I know that much, we're so used to handhelds focusing more on the sidescrollers and the main consoles on the full 3D games but Nintendo might even do a swap around since sidescrollers won't be as effective on the 3DS whilst on the Wii they seem to be more popular than ever with the co-op support...

I'm rather surprised how many people have been taking Iwata's comments about firmware updates seriously.

Can anyone tell me if Qix++ or something similar is on DSiWare? Qix was one of my favorite Gameboy games as a kid and I'd love to get it once I get hold of a 3DS.

• 3 weeks later...

I call bullshit. Read the comments to get more of an idea about who this "rep" is. Also NEVER has yen equaled dollars.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

It won't cost $300. Think $250. The Wii cost $300 in Japan, but it only cost $250 in America. Besides, there are people balking at the price tag of the system in Japan, so it would never go over well over here.