Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

I've really just stopped caring about the so called release dates. Everyone's taking their wild guess then the next day it's something else. I'll wait for an official announcement.

Same here. ZeldaInformer's "confirmed Zelda leak" which turned out to be total bs (as I thought) has made me even more sure than ever that I don't believe anything I hear until Nintendo say it themselves.

I don't know about European retailers, but North American ones are always full of shit. You guys shouldn't count on being shafted yet. Of course, I shouldn't count on NA NOT being shafted either. For now, just listen to Nintendo Co Ltd. They said Reggie's estimate was wrong, and that's all we have so far. No one else knows anything about the date.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

• 2 weeks later...

Interview with Hideki Konno

A few points of interest:

-Wired.com: How does the 3DS screen work?

Hideki Konno: The basic technology is quite old. For example, like a lenticular sticker where you shift it left and right and it shows different pictures. If we simply prepare a picture for the left eye, and a picture for the right eye, and the eyes each see a separate picture, it looks 3-D. The theory is the same, although it’s not a lenticular screen.

-Wired.com: In 2004, when the first DS was first shown at E3, we saw an exterior form factor that wasn’t final. Will the look of the 3DS be changed before its release?

Konno: You can take this as the final shape.

-Wired.com: Is it possible to make the 3-D screen bigger, or would that hurt the 3-D effect?

Konno: We can make it larger.

-Wired.com: There’s an accelerometer and gyroscope in the 3DS. Does that mean it pretty much does what the Wii MotionPlus does?

Konno: Yes, the same type of motion sensing is possible.

Edited by Ekaje

-Wired.com: In 2004, when the first DS was first shown at E3, we saw an exterior form factor that wasn’t final. Will the look of the 3DS be changed before its release?

This makes me happy.

I enjoy the current design.

Euuugh. I just wished they'd make those front cameras less of an eyesore though.

The only part of the deign that bugs me is the headphone jack being dead centre. Oh wells, it's far from a big problem. So long as the analogue stick is comfortable, unlike that of a certain other handheld on the market right now, all should be epic.

And that brings back every worry I stated about the button/stick placement.

He only says the shape is final, so other things could change, I think.

So the way it looks on the outside final, things like button layout or even where the slider is at could be changed.

He only says the shape is final, so other things could change, I think.

Technically all the buttons and things are part of the overall shape.

It could still be the case, but I very much doubt it.

Technically all the buttons and things are part of the overall shape.

It could still be the case, but I very much doubt it.

Ditto. I'm pretty sure the design is final. I do wish that the headphone jack was put to the side though, and the top screen raised away from the hinge a bit.

The whole headphone jack in the middle isn't a issue unless u plan on using the 3DS as a Mp3 player or something and wanna slip it in ur pocket.

The whole headphone jack in the middle isn't a issue unless u plan on using the 3DS as a Mp3 player or something and wanna slip it in ur pocket.

For me, this is one of the major selling points. Its MP3-playing capabilities are what'll probably lure me to upgrade from my DS Lite... but if its headphone jack gets in the way, it won't be much of an MP3 player.

Aside from Kid Icarus, the games haven't interested me enough for me to consider buying a 3DS. The MP3 capability could either make my purchase or break it, and thus far it's not looking good.

I use my ipod for my mp3 needs, so I'm good in that department (unless Nintendo can make a 160gb SD card, then I may make the switch XD)

Kid Ikarus does look nice, looking forward to Mario Kart 3DS seeing how MKDS was awesome... I just hope they allow for more then just 4 players online like most Nintendo DS online games and the online isn't as laggy or as easy to hack.

Also, the 3DS will have DSWare games right? (the downloadable games)

Edited by Lunar

Yes, 3DS will apparently have a shop channel since they've said it's compatible with DSiWare, so I would assume some original 3DSware would be released.

Ah good, cause when Shantae comes out I'm all over that when I get a 3DS

shantae coming out? rofl.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't understand you Capt'n

The cake isn't a lie. Unless it's already out, haven't been keeping up with it. so ROFL back at you :P

Edited by Lunar

This makes me happy.

I enjoy the current design.

The thing is, it's the final design, but retail 3DS's aren't going to look like that. The ones they showed off at E3 appeared to have been painted with car paint.

I've been waiting for Shantae to come out since the GBA

Yeah the sequel was canceled because the first one wasn't very popular, but Risky's Revenge is said to be released soon as a DSiWare title. It's much cheaper is released as a download so I'm guessing that's why they went down that route.

My biggest problem with the announcement that the E3 model is going to be final is this. Look at the location of the start and select buttons. The home button won't be a problem since it's not going to be touched during gameplay. I will have a terrible time with that since I already have a horrible time playing the Nintendo 64 and my keyboard because my hands are so small. Now it just looks like Nintendo just want's to give me another hand cramp.

• 2 weeks later...

This new addition to the Nintendo Handheld lineup makes me wonder... will they release a N3DS... slim? Lite? WHATEVA DEY GUNNA CALL IT?