Awoo.

Sonic 4 Playtested By Community Member

Slingerland

Why does TSSZ have multiple articles about this situation, and giving the real name of that Endri guy? Do they WANT him to get fired or something?

Tristan has no consideration for anyone, you may have seen his very low attack on my illness -

http://www.sonicstadium.org/community/community-cyberbullying-tssz-mocks-fake-disease

Anyway, I'm glad this Endri guy hasnt released the goods as it would only cause trouble for everyone involved.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tristan has no consideration for anyone, you may have seen his very low attack on my illness -

http://www.sonicstadium.org/community/community-cyberbullying-tssz-mocks-fake-disease

Anyway, I'm glad this Endri guy hasnt released the goods as it would only cause trouble for everyone involved.

:o Oh my god, I hope it's not serious. :(

I hope you're doing okay!

• Thumbs Up 1

I never paid much attention to "Tristan", but he sounds like an asshole.

See people, he's what happens when you take Sonic too seriously.

Also Shadzter, has he apologized?

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

:o Oh my god, I hope it's not serious. :(

I hope you're doing okay!

I'm doing ok thanks, having to give up my job now though but my wife and family are helping :)

Anyway, we're going off topic :lol:

Endri's left the Retro topic now so that is that I guess :P

EDIT: @ EXshad

No he hasn't apologized.

EDIT: @ Ex Shad

No he hasn't apologized.

Guess I know who I'm sending some hate mail to tonight :D

And he left the topic? Should have been more careful with his choice of diction... this has gotten way out of hand...

I think I need a break from Sonic 4 :(

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think I need a break from Sonic 4 :(

Me too XD

Hopefully SEGA can keep a tight lid on security now and unveil stuff bit by bit the way it was intended to be with the website clocks.

Me too XD

Hopefully SEGA can keep a tight lid on security now and unveil stuff bit by bit the way it was intended to be with the website clocks.

Yeah... but it's not just that, it's the drama that entails. And thanks to me being a general hot-head, and with a handful of real-life stress as well (which is no excuse, and I'm sure many such as yourself are fighting a much more difficult battle), it's quite easy for me to get caught up in it.

Even though going into this head-first I promised myself to never forget that it's just of the game, no matter how "passionate" one can be about it.

Edited by EXshad

The tension surrounding this game is intense...I wonder what's gonna happen when the 20th anniversary game is announced. ._.

After analyzing the amount of hatred, rage, and something else, I can only assume that war will ensue. Some people just like something way more than they should =(

My guess is that there won't be a 20th anniversary game, and the fanbase will go insanely nuts.

Mark my words.

(however if there IS in fact a 20th anniversary game, yay.)

The tension surrounding this game is intense...I wonder what's gonna happen when the 20th anniversary game is announced. ._.

Sonic fans will start killing each other due to the over produced hype and leaked footage.

So as this whole shindig has given us nothing to show we asked the entire Sonic community what they thought and...

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else feel like a war veteran once a Sonic game finally comes out? 'Feels like the Shadow the Hedgehog fan-bitchfest was world war 1, '06 was WWII, Unleashed was WWIII, and what's happening now just plain feels like...well, Armageddon. :P

• Thumbs Up 4

*Reads topic*

Sooo...The guy was lying and we get no footage?

(If you guys really want to check to see if he's lying, why not tell him to send the video to someone with more credibility than him...Slingerland(sp?) did say they were good friends... and I don't think that would be going against Ruby's word))

Edited by streetballa

I agree. I was around for Sonic 2006 and above... feels like a real honor to have survived.

I'm glad I wasn't around for the Sonic 2006 drama... then again, that kinda helped brought me here! Back when I was hyped as hell for the game, this place was actually where I checked for news on it :P

But it looked... monstrous, to say the least.

• Thumbs Up 1

*Reads topic*

Sooo...The guy was lying and we get no footage?

He wasn't lying, SEGA caught him before he could do anything. They were nice about it though.

And no, no footage.

There's one thing that doesn't add up, should this all be true- why would Sega have the game playtested NOW right before they lose the right to make major changes to it? Isn't the point of playtesting to know WHAT to change?

He wasn't lying, SEGA caught him before he could do anything.

So... did he or did he not play the game?

Edited by SuperStingray

So now this whole debacle is sitting in a stalemate. He made his claims and said he'd show proof, but showing proof would be a very bad thing for both sides. So now we have these claims, potential proof to back it up, but is stopped by legal issues that would ensue if they did.

This all seems like the perfect troll here. He creates such wild claims about the game, and says he has proof to his claims, PREDICTING that someone from Sega would say something about it, creating the PERFECT setup for him to get away with his claims without being expected to show proof! Thus throwing the internets in a state of panic, having such unusual information while under the impression that there's no way to get any info out without serious consequences, while he sits back in his chair and soaks it in with little effort!

Does Ruby know who gets to playtest the games or what? He was mostly interested in the code Endri claimed to have, understandable, but whether he'd be able to know who got to playtest a game or not could lead us to whether he's telling the truth. But the fact that if any random fool went on record to claim that they had the code to the game, I doubt Sega would give it much notice..... UNLESS THEY LET SAID PERSON INTO THEIR OFFICES!

THE PLOT THICKENS!

detective2.gif

Edited by Black Spy

So now this whole debacle is sitting in a stalemate.

Does Ruby know who gets to playtest the games or what? He was mostly interested in the code Endri claimed to have, understandable, but whether he'd be able to know who got to playtest a game or not could lead us to whether he's telling the truth.

THE PLOT THICKENS!

detective2.gif

Ruby doesnt know if Endri has it or not. He just noted out the precaution which feels logical enough considering how much Endri boasted on about the game and considering its already been leaked out once.

If I'd be in Sega's shoes I'd be shitting my pants now.

Edited by May

as an aside, I'm pretty sure just because a game has been rated doesn't mean they can't make changes to the engine/mechanics/stages etc. the rating is for content only, violence, drug use, sex and the like, so as long as they don't add anything that would cahnge the rating pretty sure they can do what they like.

• Thumbs Up 1

You really think Sega proceeding to deliver a game absolutely nothing like what they promised would be given a free pass?

Except a classic Sonic platformer and what the media/fans think a classic sonic platformer is are two things entirely. Sega answered just answered the latter. And according to the latter, Sonic only and Robotnik only, classic environments/Special Zones, classic music and of course 2D, constitute classic.

Incidentally, there was a time when the media/fans were demaning a console version of Rush/Advance 2.

as an aside, I'm pretty sure just because a game has been rated doesn't mean they can't make changes to the engine/mechanics/stages etc. the rating is for content only, violence, drug use, sex and the like, so as long as they don't add anything that would cahnge the rating pretty sure they can do what they like.

Hey, that hill looks like a breast! GAME BANNED[/atkinson]

But yeah in all seriousness I really can't see how a physics improvement is out of their power right now.