Awoo.

Sonic 4 Playtested By Community Member

Slingerland

I'd have loved if S0L raged on him. "Look I have nothing to do with Sonic 4, but if I find you... WAHHH!!! SUPER HORN YA @$%#@!!!!"

But Ruby was nice too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah Ruby is awesome as always, he's SEGA of America's AAUK. <3<3<3<3

• Thumbs Up 1

He's posted proof he got it via PM at Retro -

http://img109.images.../desktopomb.png

I like the theme he has for his PC   :mellow:

Anyway, now that this is out of the way, can we do the proper and sane thing by just waiting for information and/or play the demo if one ever comes to be? Regardless of the complaining that's being done, I'm purchasing this either way. I know that I'll at least enjoy, I'm buying this for a friend too. Plus there's another topic on another forum that wants people to buy Sonic 1 when Sonic 4 comes out, since Sega will definitely lose money by people purchasing Sonic 1 instead of 4  :).

Off topic : Someone is boycotting Sonic 4 and After Burner Climax because they're downloadable titles. They said "I'd rather pay $50 for a game than $15 for a download." 

Yeah Ruby is awesome as always, he's SEGA of America's AAUK. <3<3<3<3

Except he doesn't hang out on the SSMB

Which he totally should cause that would be coolbeans.

Edited by May

Well, that put a lot of my fears to rest.

Maybe thanks to the drama this has caused, Sonic Team/Dimps really will work hard to fix stuff like the physics and such with the months of development they have left.

I so hope that's not wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by EXshad

Haha what is this, the Ruby ass-kissing thread?

Join in and feel the sunshine

On the topic though, feels good that whatever Endri went by wasnt final if he ever actually got to play the game itself. Gives me more hope for the physics.

As for the level design, not calling anything out yet personally. Again, I rather enjoyed the Advance 2 stage designs so I wont be complaining.

Maybe thanks to the drama this has caused, Sonic Team/Dimps really will work hard to fix stuff like the physics and such with the months of development they have left.

But they are probably working on any problems regardless anyways. We didn't need any retarded drama like this to send Sonic Team a message to make a good game, and I will continue to reiterate that they are more aware of this title's meaningfulness than their supposed fanbase is giving them credit for. I'm a little disappointed that this is a probably genuine sentiment across the community.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha what is this, the Ruby ass-kissing thread?

Leave us alone, we're all in love with him <3 :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

But they are probably working on any problems regardless anyways. We didn't need any retarded drama like this to send Sonic Team a message to make a good game, and I will continue to reiterate that they are more aware of this title's meaningfulness than their supposed fanbase is giving them credit for. I'm a little disappointed that this is a probably genuine sentiment across the community.

I know, dude, I know, but.... perhaps this'll reiterate the point, show just how crazy shit can get. Idk where I'm going with this.....lol

It's just that Sonic Unleashed had a similar message, that Sonic Team was pouring love and care into it as well. They even touted it as the best Sonic game ever at times. And, while I enjoyed it, many people felt let down by it. So while I'm very positive and open-minded about the game (as many can probably attest to)... I'm still a bit nervous, y'know?

Edited by EXshad

So, because Ruby sent Endri a message telling him not to leak anything, that proves that Endri actually has footage/game data to release? No, it does not. Endri continues to make pointless posts that don't reveal any more than we already know, or lurks around the topic not posting anything.

Also, Ruby is awesome, although I'm still waiting to hear from him regarding the Hedgehog Day contest.

Why not? Finish what you bitches started!

2mi4ye8.jpg

Speaking of Eggman I wish he described that boss there in his said review. I was getting a bit excited actually.

Edited by May
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why does TSSZ have multiple articles about this situation, and giving the real name of that Endri guy? Do they WANT him to get fired or something?

Why does TSSZ have multiple articles about this situation, and giving the real name of that Endri guy? Do they WANT him to get fired or something?

I find that albeit ironic considering they shat all over Sega with the massive ASR leak that wasnt meant to be.

Fired from where, fan game development?

Didn't you hear? Tristan hates everyone who is liked more than he his... so basically the whole world! He even hates puppies! :o

Tristan-bashing aside (we know we "love" you, dude), I still don't think Ruby's letter proves anything.

"As a fellow fan, and as an employee, I’d like to request that you please reconsider putting any data, images, or footage live if you do actually have code from the game."

I'm still not so sure about all of this...

Edited by BlazingTales

Fired from where, fan game development?

Endri apparently works for some video game localization company. Which was how he was able to play the game.

Edited by Dr. SEGA Monkey

I know, dude, I know, but.... perhaps this'll reiterate the point, show just how crazy shit can get. Idk where I'm going with this.....lol

It's just that Sonic Unleashed had a similar message, that Sonic Team was pouring love and care into it as well. They even touted it as the best Sonic game ever at times. And, while I enjoyed it, many people felt let down by it. So while I'm very positive and open-minded about the game (as many can probably attest to)... I'm still a bit nervous, y'know?

This is the modern Sonic fanbase; Massive amounts of people are going to be let down anyways from now on. And the "best Sonic game" stuff is subjective PR-- Should never be taken seriously. Regardless, I would definitely argue that the team were extremely passionate about Unleashed just as much as I would argue that they've more than proven that they're actually trying with Sonic 4, green eyes or checkerboard tiles or whatever the hell else we feel we need to argue about notwithstanding.

In short, I don't equate a team's performance and passion with a project with other people's disappointment or even my own. I don't even consider there to be a fleeting correlation between the two.

Endri apparently works for some video game localization company. Which was how he was able to play the game.

Must take quite some balls to boast out about it to the most informative and talkative Sonic community on the web if he's in such a working position. Sounds kinda like Wentos except real.

Then again most of everything in that post still seems more of a plausible logical deduction of the leaked footage.

Edited by May

Ruby refers to "the game" as in "the game Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1", the one the Endri played.

Knowing that you've created your own fan games from scratch, as a fellow developer, please understand that hundreds of people have put countless hours into making Sonic the Hedgehog 4, and we have even more work ahead of us.

Last line. The game "where it is" as in the current stage that episode 1 is in. And to think that "where it is" is the final build is silly.

The point of my post is that Ruby's response does not preclude this from being the final version of Episode 1.

I can't help but see this sentiment as a crutch, especially where this game is concerned.

Edit: Ed Wood poured his heart into his movies as well.

Edited by Phos