Awoo.

Leaked Gameplay Footage of Sonic 4!

Matriculated

You could select stages in S3&K...

No, you could select zones in S3&K. Sonic 4 appears to let you select specific acts. Watch the footage again.

Of course, so long as the acts progress naturally and Act 1 leads seamlessly into Act 2 into Act 3 into Boss Fight, being able to select individual acts would be an improvement.

No, you could select zones in S3&K. Sonic 4 appears to let you select specific acts. Watch the footage again.

Of course, so long as the acts progress naturally and Act 1 leads seamlessly into Act 2 into Act 3 into Boss Fight, being able to select individual acts would be an improvement.

Act Select has been a Sonic staple ever since the series transferred into 3D, only being unlocked for stages you've already passed. I have no doubt that it will be a seemless story mode.

As an alpha I'd believe a number would be available from go.

Also, I enjoy Act Select. That way I can just jump into my favorite level without having to play the entire damn game again.

Oh, yeah, duh. I read your post wrong >_>.

Then I'm guessing it'll be done like in Sonic Advance 1. You could chose any act (after you've beaten it) and start the game from there.

Edited by MarcelloF

I honestly don't see how this game looks "dull and lifeless." It doesn't look any different from the classic games except that the graphics are enhanced. HOW exactly does it look "dull and lifeless," anyway?

I honestly don't see how this game looks "dull and lifeless." It doesn't look any different from the classic games except that the graphics are enhanced. HOW exactly does it look "dull and lifeless," anyway?

Yeah I am not sure where dull and lifeless is coming from either. This is a huge step up from what we have seen in recent titles. One of the things that turned me off from sonic advance were the cheesy new gen sonic graphics. It just didn't give the same vibrant feel of the old games. This matches the old games well by keeping things simple and clean.

And I have no idea where people are try to go with the grass/plastic thing. It is fucking grass in a video game, if you are complaining about that then you are a retard.

I enjoy act select as well, besides the only reason we saw the stage select stuff is cause the person selected continue. I would have liked them to select new game but oh well at least we got more gamplay fotage right.

Yay!! i love the title screen compilation's.

I have a question, does anyone know where sonic cd actualy fits in to the story?

Edited by Eternlo

Obviously the last one is the worst.

I like Sonic 4's Title Screen. I never liked how Sonic looked on the Title screen from Sonic 3, even though its my favorite Sonic game. :-/

Also, I just noticed he's trying to do the same pose as on the Sonic 1 TS.

Oww I didn't know I had such a low reputation. Where can I see that?

Ow and again, the last one obviously looks the worst ;). Admit it

I like Sonic 4's Title Screen. I never liked how Sonic looked on the Title screen from Sonic 3, even though its my favorite Sonic game. :-/

Also, I just noticed he's trying to do the same pose as on the Sonic 1 TS.

Yea, I like the pose. But his head just looks a bit awkward. I find his facial expression to be horrible, and also the proportions of his face are weird. He looks nothing like the sonic in the SSMB banner at the top.

Edited by Jaouad
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Ow and again, the last one obviously looks the worst

In your profile biggrin.gif

Oh, yeah and my least favorite Title screen would probably be Sonic CD's. The Emblem looks scary xD

Edited by MarcelloF

Ow and again, the last one obviously looks the worst ;). Admit it

Because the logo looks a bit tiny in widescreen instead of 4:3 like the others or because green eyes ruin everything?

You can see your rep on your profile page. You can also see the amount of friends you have. ;)

Actually, I think Sonic 3 and Sonic CD rank as the "worst" of all of them.

@Eternlo:

You're opening up a whole can of worms with that question. lol, better to check for a thread discussing it than bringing it up here. CD and 2 were developed almost simultaneously, with CD originally being an upgraded "Sonic 2". The lack of Tails leads fans to think it's after 1 and before 2, however Tails appears in an options screen flying SOnic's plane so... um... it's a little muddled. My take is that as Sonic 2 and 3 are almost directly connected in ending and beginning, it works best as being after Sonic 1 and before 2.

In your profile :D

Wow :lol: First time I see it. Pretty funny how doctor eggman wanted to make me feel bad about some virtual reputation points system, funny guy.

@dat kool bat girl

Reasoning in previous post

"Yea, I like the pose. But his head just looks a bit awkward. I find his facial expression to be horrible, and also the proportions of his face are weird. He looks nothing like the sonic in the SSMB banner at the top. "

I prefer the ASR ingame model.

Edited by Jaouad

Those comparison shots make Sonic's mouth look wierd on the Sonic 4 title screen. :/

Those comparison shots make Sonic's mouth look wierd on the Sonic 4 title screen. :/

Am I the only person who likes crooked mouth? :-/

Ok thanks Doctor Eggman.

But the reason i asked is im gonna try to put stuff in order and make my own story based on the story's (a mixture of both english and japanese versions) its really just me trying to explain why some things are how they are.

Also ill completly be ignoring sonic 06 since it isnt part of the normal sonic continuity, and cause it suck's.

Yeah but then again, Sonic hasn't been known for the best looking mouths since he went 3D.

lolsmile.png

Well in retrospective, Sonic's mouth in the Sonic 2 logo looks strightly crooked too.

As someone on GAF already pointed out, the problem isnt so much the mouth as it is the actual shading of it. Its pretty straight otherwise.