Awoo.

Leaked Gameplay Footage of Sonic 4!

Matriculated

Thanks for posting that :D

And.... wow. The level design sounds really.... I don't know... wasn't that how Sonic 3 worked a lot of the time? Still, the way he phrased it worries me... But I like the sound of the pre-rendered sprites w/cel shading. Though I know many will disagree with me, I think it helps give this title its unique look. The levels' motifs also sound really cool to me, and I'm eager to play 'em. Sure, they're rehashes (apparently), but in this ONE game, that doesn't bother me too much 'cause after a good chunk what we fans have been forced to endure as of late, a classic rehash is a breath of fresh air.

But FUCK, the physics aren't fixed? That's damning!!! That disappoints the hell outta me!

defeat.jpg

Dimps.... Sonic Team... who ever the fuck developed this.... you were SO close. The level themes, the special stages (apparently), the look, the attention to detail... so much like a Genesis title, but the physics are what make or break it.

And.... there's no way this is fake, right...?

...at least the special stages sound really good...

We still have like maybe 4 or 5 months to go. There's still time.

Breaking from SonicRetro!! IT'S NOT SONIC RUSH 3...

..apparently it's Sonic Advance 2...sigh...

There's still hope. Maybe Sega will see this and change what's wrong with the game...well I hope so anyway.

We still have like maybe 4 or 5 months to go. There's still time.

I know, but he claimed it was the final build, dude......

But I sincerely hope he's wrong and you're right, and it's like, a beta, or something. 'cause if they can just get the classic physics back, it sounds like I'd love it. The rest of it really sounds great to me. But like I said, the physics make or break it.

Edited by EXshad

You do know that sending to to Microsoft and ESRB != Game cannot be changed. It is a RATING for CONTENT. Not a rating for physics and such, it's a rating to see what age group "can" play this game (I say "can" because nobody cares about ratings any more.)

Last I checked the leaked footage was an alpha. Chances are it's mostly finished, and physics can be changed easily.

If that was the final build, then why is SEGA waiting until summer to release it? I'm not calling him a liar or anything, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Physics =/= Content. The physics wouldn't affect the content of the game. I highly doubt its a final build. Most games are worked on nearly until release, well after an ESRB rating has been given. Hell, look at Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing.

Well, after reading this thread I have the feeling that anyone who actually ends up liking Sonic 4 after release will be promptly murdered. So much rage...

That playtest has been proven to be a LIE, the guys at sonic retro have been complaining about what it said, but yup its FAKE.

Now they are talking about secret hiding places under bushes.

• Thumbs Up 1

That playtest has been proven to be a LIE, the guys at sonic retro have been complaining about what it said, but yup its FAKE.

Now they are talking about secret hiding places under bushes.

Except it's not a lie yet.

• Bad Quality Post 1

True I cant prove its a lie, but who can prove its true.

besides anyone could have made that up just by watching the video and going to forums, so until someone says its true or not why belive it.

And i put lie and fake in big letters so people would see it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Debates?

Also true, but i dont want to get into an argument, oh and the endri guy is suposedly going to be posting some sort of proof tomarrow, at the cost of his job.

He did admit to giving out false information and pictures before, guess we'll have to wait till tomarrow.

Wait, huh? I'm probably late or stupid, but... he's posting proof knowingly at the potential cost of his job which I'm assuming is at Sega now?...

Why?

No one, and I mean no one, in the Sonic fanbase is that important, especially not in this horrible economy right now. Is this part of a rumor or can I be obliged to call him insane and be genuinely concerned?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, when was this?

I find it funny that everybody has just exploded at this news - fact it is one guy.

His opinions of the game could be totally biased or totally twisted and in no way reflect the game.

And how do we even know that he has played it?

• Thumbs Up 1

I find it funny that everybody has just exploded at this news - fact it is one guy.

His opinions of the game could be totally biased or totally twisted and in no way reflect the game.

And how do we even know that he has played it?

Actually, I believe there are enough reasons for and against the validity of that article. :/

I've also playtested Sonic 4 and LOVED it. Clearly the best Sonic game ever made. Everything was perfect.

See; I can also make wild claims and they're just as valid as that other guys. I can't believe this got so much attention, the guys clearly a troll. SEGA wouldn't submit the game to Microsoft with 5 months to go before release. Is the game going to sit on a shelf until July? Polishing doesn't take 5 months. This troll is just trying to shit on the people saying the leaked footage was an alpha build and will be improved.

Edited by Matriculated

Wait, when was this?

Trunks on Sonic Retro practically Xanatos'd him into admitting something that is in no way true, but there's still no real word or proof that he actually got to play it or not.

Most of what he described can in some ways be interpreted as educated and logical assumptions how the game would play judging from the footage we had and it doesnt evaluate more than just the stage designs of the games which in most of our eyes were in a sense very obvious cause of what little we've seen, and the bitching about physics and jumping was something present in the leaked footage too.

The guy has a clean reputation but hell there's nothing saying he's right or wrong.

Personally I'm indifferent but it seems hellofalot odd that this guy got to play the game, go on a HUGE tangent about it and finally say he's going to post proof of everything without knowing the risks or getting any threat from Sega, I mean they pulled the plug when all the screenshots and the video leaked out as well.

Edited by May

SEGA wouldn't submit the game to Microsoft with 5 months to go before release.

Actually, that is exactly what they would do.

AHHH! This (found on Retro) scared the shit out of me. Like a creepy bigfoot image:

2e0mp6q.png

The heads of the TWO guys who leaked the footage. Left: filmer, right: player

Creepy.