Awoo.

Leaked Gameplay Footage of Sonic 4!

Matriculated

Ow and again, the last one obviously looks the worst ;). Admit it

Concur.

Sonic 3 is terrifying enugh, but head-freakishly-large-compared-to-body does not an aesthetic Sonic make. Combine this with the emblem taking up about a third of the space it used to, and this opening screen isn't lookin' all that classical.

• Thumbs Up 1

His head has always been bigger then his body. And his body in the sonic 4 model is alittle more the half the size of his head, so whats the problem again?

Also, I just noticed he's trying to do the same pose as on the Sonic 1 TS.

Looks more like the Sonic CD pose to me, probably a mix between the two

Actually my favourite of the title screens is Sonic 4's as it manages to look the least bland without looking garish either. Much as I love Sonic CD and the brass effect on the logo, it isn't very charming either, like they were trying to say "THIS IS SONIC ONLY NOW HE'S HARDCORE".

Nice observation on the busted Sonic 2 mouth too, but that only further fuels my growing suspicion that Sonic 4 exists only because SEGA handed Dimps a Sonic 2 ROM with some reference screenshots and said "here, make this game again only episodic, in HD and with modern graphics and gameplay".

Concur.

Sonic 3 is terrifying enugh, but head-freakishly-large-compared-to-body does not an aesthetic Sonic make. Combine this with the emblem taking up about a third of the space it used to, and this opening screen isn't lookin' all that classical.

Of all the shit you've thrown at this game, I totally agree with this. The opening is just lazy. Compare it to this.

Notice how Sonic pops out of the ring, and wags his finger with some emotion. In Sonic 4, the logo just fades in and Sonic's hand moves back and forth really poorly.... I could've made the same thing in flash myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Of all the shit you've thrown at this game, I totally agree with this. The opening is just lazy. Compare it to this.

Notice how Sonic pops out of the ring, and wags his finger with some emotion. In Sonic 4, the logo just fades in and Sonic's hand moves back and forth really poorly.... I could've made the same thing in flash myself.

Lmfao. That video is glitched up.

For me, Sonic 3 has the best animation for the intro. I was hoping Sonic 4 would have something of the same considering all the super fast effects in that teaser but fuck.

As for favorite image, that's split between Sonic 2 and 4.

Lmfao. That video is glitched up.

Sonic actually is incorrectly placed OVER the logo and ring in the video you posted.

Yeah... You're right XP Goes to show I can't just grab the quickest vid I find and pop it into a post....

But I think the point still stands, eh?

Hell, to amend the vid AND further prove my point....

Edited by EXshad

Just as there is no objective proof that this is essentially Sonic Rush 3, there is zero proof that this game actually will be any better than "the trash released in recent years."

The mere fact that this is Sonic in 2D means the game has a greater chance of being better than most of the 3D games by default.

@EXShad: Oh it does. Im not going to lie myself, I'm not going to lie, I found the lack of animation in the logo very dull.

Edited by May

I never expected animation in the logo to begin with, and to be honest would prefer a static sonic to the waving finger seen in the alpha video. Still, I wouldn't use the Sonic 4 opening screen as a gauge for the game's quality. :)

@EXShad: Oh it does. Im not going to lie myself, I'm not going to lie, I found the lack of animation in the logo very dull.

Oh yeah... See guys, I ain't biased towards the game ;)

BTW, in my previous post, I found a better vid, with ALL the intros... just to get a better chance to compare this intro to ALL the older ones.

It actually is quite disappointing, IMO.......

Still, I wouldn't use the Sonic 4 opening screen as a gauge for the game's quality. :)

No way, dude! I LOVED the gameplay I was shown! I'm pumped for this game. This is just something that kinda bothered me, is all.

Edited by EXshad

Yeah... You're right XP Goes to show I can't just grab the quickest vid I find and pop it into a post....

But I think the point still stands, eh?

Hell, to amend the vid AND further prove my point....

Remember it's still three seconds of gamep... leaked alpha footage. The title screen will most likely see improvement in the final game if the prototype titles from the classics are any reference.

@Doc Egg: Do you have a larger version of the Sonic 4 title screen? I wanna use it for a desktop wallpaper.

Edited by Dat Kool Bat Guy

Remember it's still three seconds of gamep... leaked alpha footage. The title screen will most likely see improvement in the final game if the prototype titles from the classics are any reference.

Okay. I'll wait :) I hope they do, 'cause it could look really cool. Even if it just features Sonic turning around like in the Sonic CD intro, I just wanna see a bit of life injected into it.

So Sega offers me this

When I have this

hmmm, what a hard choice this is

Oh god, please stop posting that, it looks like someone put the Sonic 4 logo into photoshop and then it got a diaper rash.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's my desktop wallpaper for some time now. I hoped for something to replace it with though. Everyone their own, but I like it more.

Edited by Jaouad

I think that the current title screen from the leaked alpha footage looks fantastic, if they get Sonic to animate properly by the time the game is released it will be perfect.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think that the current title screen from the leaked alpha footage looks fantastic, if they get Sonic to animate properly by the time the game is released it will be perfect.

Yeah, his finger goes the wrong way in the current animation. And then, it doesn't actually change like any 3D image should, it just rotates giving a very off perspective. Sonic's hand is broken!

Still, I have the leaked shot of the title screen as my desktop BG on this machine and the high quality leaked picture of Splash Hill on my netbook.

Yeah, his finger goes the wrong way in the current animation. And then, it doesn't actually change like any 3D image should, it just rotates giving a very off perspective. Sonic's hand is broken!

Still, I have the leaked shot of the title screen as my desktop BG on this machine and the high quality leaked picture of Splash Hill on my netbook.

I just hope they have an animation with Sonic popping out of the emblem like in Sonic 1,2 and 3

Edited by Lunar

Emblem showing up and then Sonic climbing out of it >>>>> whole logo fading in. Totally agreed, Lunar. But hey, that video was far from supposed to be shown- anything could be a placeholder.