Awoo.

Official Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Websites

Indigo Rush

Nice to see they FINALLY updated the site. Even though it wasn't that much of a big reveal, I have to say Motobug looks pretty damn awesome.

Remember, Sonic in-game was cel shaded whereas Sonic on the character bios was not. There is a chance that motobug will be cel shaded as well, causing him to look 100 times cooler.

I doubt there will be only 9 Badniks in the game. GHZ had like 5 Badniks itself. So why have a game with only 4 more than the first level of the first game?

The badniks were Buzzbomber,Motobug, The chmeleon, Crabmeat, and the piranha..

AND there were two kinds of chameleon (Newtron): the blue ones that rocketed you and the green ones that just shot at you.

I would like to believe that there's really more than 9 badniks in the whole game, but given that we're proportedly limited to 4 acts anyway, I ain't all that confident.

The badniks were Buzzbomber, Motobug, The chameleon, Crabmeat, and the piranha..

It's true that there were a lot of Badniks in Green Hill. But the zones after that only had a few additional ones. Marble added Caterkiller and the bat. Then Spring Yard added Spikes and Roller. That's nine in three levels. If they're only revealing four levels on the site it's not too bad for the Badnik quota.

AND there were two kinds of chameleon (Newtron): the blue ones that rocketed you and the green ones that just shot at you.

I would like to believe that there's really more than 9 badniks in the whole game, but given that we're proportedly limited to 4 acts anyway, I ain't all that confident.

*facepalms*

We are NOT limited to 4 Zones! That's ALSO from the website, and I will say this for the BILLIONTH time I personally hacked the site and it says "Zone 1", "Zone 2", "Zone 3", "Zone 4", and "Zones". This is just a PREVIEW, as the Badniks are just a PREVIEW. The site doesn't show everything about the game, it is a PREVIEW for the game. This game may very well have 7 Zones, just 4 are previewed on the site.

• Thumbs Up 4

By the way, if we take that rumor to be true we're starting with Splash Hill and ending with E.G.G. Station. E.G.G. Station Zone has a kind of finality to the name that I don't think comes on the fourth level. So unless the source meant the very last episode's stage was E.G.G. Station, it's good proof for more levels.

*facepalms*

We are NOT limited to 4 Zones! That's ALSO from the website, and I will say this for the BILLIONTH time I personally hacked the site and it says "Zone 1", "Zone 2", "Zone 3", "Zone 4", and "Zones". This is just a PREVIEW, as the Badniks are just a PREVIEW. The site doesn't show everything about the game, it is a PREVIEW for the game. This game may very well have 7 Zones, just 4 are previewed on the site.

...So you've seen numbers 1-4, AND ONLY NUMBERS 1-4, with your own 1337 h4x eyes, and yet you don't think that 4 Zones is the likeliest estimate for a game Sega has specificly said to be a short download title and just the first one of an episodic series that makes up all of Sonic 4?

*facepalm* indeed.

I'll be happy (more than happy; DELIGHTED) if this turns out to be wrong and there's 5+ zones.

But that doesn't mean I mistake wishes for truth. What the evidence we have shows to be likely and possible is FOUR.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

...So you've seen numbers 1-4, AND ONLY NUMBERS 1-4, with your own 1337 h4x eyes, and yet you don't think that 4 Zones is the likeliest estimate for a game Sega has specificly said to be a short download title and just the first one of an episodic series that makes up all of Sonic 4?

*facepalm* indeed.

I'll be happy (more than happy; DELIGHTED) if this turns out to be wrong and there's 5+ zones.

But that doesn't mean I mistake wishes for truth. What the evidence we have shows to be likely and possible is FOUR.

"Zones" being ordered chronologically after "Zone 4" hints that there are "Zones" after "Zone 4".

What would be cooler and more creative on SEGA's part is rather than updating Motobug's attack pattern, they could create a new badnik with said attack pattern.

They keep expecting people to get excited over old stuff. It's not working for me. If I saw a little tigerbot (or whatever), then I'd be like, "holy shit creativity." At least people who make fangames fuse badniks together to make them somewhat different (if not incredibly ugly in some cases).

This is a throwback game... of course they're going to be freaturing old enemies to bring in the retro sonic fan crowd.

I;m hoping for a Braid or Space Invaders Infinity Gene sort of evolution. First few levels are sort of HD remixes of the classics, then Badniks start to become stronger and new ones begin to appear.

• Thumbs Up 1

As others have said, I don't think we'll only have nine badniks. Four zones... maybe, but I'm more iffy on that one. They may just have four zones per episode. But I hope we've got six or seven.

Oh... any bets on having one new character per episode? Such as in Episode 2 Tails is added as a playable, and in Episode 3 Knuckles is added?

I don't expect the website to reveal every single zone and badnik in the game.

Sega's been so secretive with this game, surely they'll leave some underwraps until people play it.

About Motobug's amazing and hilarious new ability to chase after you, I imagine those boosters thingies on its sides will finally be put to some use. If you're in a decent sprint and jump over it while it's going the opposite direction, it's going to need some great acceleration to catch up to you, innit? And I wonder, can this ability be performed multiple times if you are still in range after dodging it? I want to be a jerk face and jump over its helpless charges for half an hour.

I am so confident that we will get more than four zones that if Sonic the Hedgehog 4 only has four zones upon final release, I will burn DiGi's NiGHTS collection.

I am willing to make that sacrifice.

I wouldn't be surprised if each episode consisted of only one stage each, but by the time the final game is released I'm hoping for 15+ stages.

I hope they keep most of the stages under wraps this time. Having almost everything leaked or revealed in Sonic 06/Unleashed killed a lot of the fun in those games.

I know I'll burn through 4 zones in under a half hour, which is kinda a bummer. However knowing it's episodic kinda makes up for it. Even with only three episodes we'd get 12 zones total. I just wish we could get it all at once if we really are only getting 4 zones per episode.

Edited by speedfreak

I know I'll burn through 4 zones in under a half hour, which is kinda a bummer. However knowing it's episodic kinda makes up for it. Even with only three episodes we'd get 12 zones total. I just wish we could get it all at once if we really are only getting 4 zones per episode.

You never know, they might be epic difficulty levels where you actually have to make use of starposts to recover from death without being sent back 10 minutes of gruelling play-time.

Seriously, what the hell are checkpoints for in the early games? With often no more than 30 seconds of platforming between each one, they're scarcely even convenient, let alone necessary.

oh if only

Tell that to SA1, which has checkpoints at the start of each segment- which are checkpoint anyway. Heck, there's a checkpoint in the Windy Valley tornado and you can't even die there!

And uh checkpoints are helpful to people not familiar with the games, especially the water levels. Also bonus/special stages.

Actually I'd like a crazy Death Egg difficult challenge, no rings, items, checkpoints, or game saving. Basically the Sonic equivalent of the "Mr.Perfect" challenge in Megaman 9/10.

Heh, they took off all of the countdown timers. I wonder if they're just saying "screw it", after they bungled it up?

...wait a sec, they actually completely removed the category under Multimedia that had a timer...

So the new section revealed only a motobug with an extra attack pattern huh?

It's animation brings up a question in me, I'll just quote myself from one of the articles on the front page.

I only have one question about motobug in Sonic 4, will rolling in front of him result in Sonic being hurt since it’s lifting those nice little claws while moving =P ?