Awoo.

Official Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Websites

Indigo Rush

So we get a wallpaper with nothing new and a piece of concept art with bushes. Those are ok but they're not big red banner worthy :lol:

The wallpaper is too bland to be using really.

LOL, the "More soon." following "BULLETIN: Wallpapers section open on Sonic 4 website, with one available for download. New concept art also released." made me laugh hard. What more can one say? It has all been covered!

I like how Newtron has info inside the Badnik section with an animated model of him and has a new piece of drawn concept art in the concept art section. I'm happy Newtron is in this, he was one of my favorite classic badniks.

Anyways, confirmed he can turn invisible, fire a projectile, and fly like a rocket!

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

1.5 hours until new badnik and concept art :D

Remember to clean up your cookies or open in a new browser when the time comes

picture2pe.png

picture1cf.png

Well, me likey.

EGGMAN'S BUDGET CUTS!!!

I love it. Also, hints of a red one? Perhaps the trade off of some non-spiked ones is that there is a super evil red one?

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Bubbles is balloon fish type robot who returns back from the ruins of the Angel Island. Due to Eggman's budget cuts, not all version of Bubbles are spiked. However, watch out for the red ones!

So, like Motobug, Bubbles now works a little differently (sometimes). Interesting. It also mentions Eggmans budget cuts, which gives us a bit of insight to the story.

From Sonic Retro (original badnik bio)

Bubbles is a puffer-like badnik from Sonic the Hedgehog 3 found in Marble Garden. It is similar in both behaviour and appearance to the Pointdexters found in Hydrocity Zone. They are primarily blue in colour. Bubbles are known for their spikes, which they can retract and protract at ease. Bubbles can also float in the air, meaning they can be a difficult badnik to predict. They can only be defeated if they are hit without their spikes showing. Attempting to hit a Bubbles badnik while they have their spikes protruding will result in the loss of a shield, rings, or a life.

Sounds more like a subtle jab at this game's use of older badnik rosters, actually.

So we now have the following Badniks returning:

Sonic 1

Motobug- Now sporting 360 action.

Newtron- Seemingly only in one colour.

Masher/Chopper (I can't tell which it's supposed to be, as it takes parts of the 1 and 2 piranhas)

Sonic 2

Shell Cracker- No more word on it.

Asteron- You can see it in the leaked video.

Buzzer- Same deal as Asteron

Masher/Chopper (I can't tell which it's supposed to be, as it takes parts of the 1 and 2 piranhas)

Sonic 3

Batbot- It's in the second teaser video.

Bubbles- A boring blue one and a red one that behaves like the original Bubbles.

I hope we see some CD Badniks as well. Chaotix would be cool, but seem massively unlikely.

Mosqui, please. The poor guy made a failed kamikaze attempt when he attacks. Instead of dying when he hits the ground, he is stuck there... destined to remain in the Earth forever is a cruel Sonic doesn't help him to die. I want all my euthanasia action back in Sonic 4!

EDIT: Oh and CATERKILLER.

Edited by Blue Blood

If anyone wants to make an "Eggman in Recession" themed graphic I'll be more than happy to post it on the front page :)

If anyone wants to make an "Eggman in Recession" themed graphic I'll be more than happy to post it on the front page :)

Eggman's being hit by the recession, eh? That's an all new kind of Sonic in the real world.

Harisenbo's back, eh? Awesome!

I'm hoping that the fan-favourite Pen-Pen makes a return as well. They seemed to be quite popular during the concept art contests earlier.

Edited by HunterTSF

Well, we have yet to see episode II, so Mecha Pingu is still possible :D ice ice zone!

So we now have the following Badniks returning:

Sonic 1

Motobug- Now sporting 360 action.

Newtron- Seemingly only in one colour.

Sonic 2

Shell Cracker- No more word on it.

Asteron- You can see it in the leaked video.

Buzzer- Same deal as Asteron

Sonic 3

Batbot- It's in the second teaser video.

Bubbles- A boring blue one and a red one that behaves like the original Bubbles.

It's worth noting that even though there's only one colour of Newtron now, it has both functions of the different colured ones from Sonic the Hedgehog

I guess having differently-coloured versions of a badnik that spends most of its time invisible just wasn't worth it. I certainly never noticed that there were different varieties.

As for returning badniks, we must have Orbinaut back; the guy's been in just about every game to have badniks in it. I'm also a fan of CD's Mecha-Bu, although I don't expect it to make a reappearance.

Mecha-Bu.PNG

Burrowbot, or an upgraded grounder that behaves like Burrowbot. ( seriously, Grounder was such a downgrade. ) I wanted crabmeat to return.... but it's not seeming likely. Shellcracker is just imitation crabmeat.

They aren't going to add any completely new badniks, are they?

I would be surprised if they did. I don't expect anything new till either episode 2 or episode 4.

Burrowbot, or an upgraded grounder that behaves like Burrowbot. ( seriously, Grounder was such a downgrade. ) I wanted crabmeat to return.... but it's not seeming likely. Shellcracker is just imitation crabmeat.

What? Chop Chop isn't an imitation Chopper just cause they're based on the same animal. Shell Cracker is a totally different enemy.