Awoo.

Official Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Websites

Indigo Rush

Cool to see Chopper and Buzzbomber back. It's going to be a true celebration of all things classic Sonic! :P

The fish looks more like the Masher from Sonic 2.

Om nom nom robo fish comparisons om nom

robofish.gif

New Chopper does borrow a few from both fish.

Masher + Chopper = Mapper?

mapper.jpg

Edited by GameboyHero
  • Thumbs Up 2

I love me some comparisons!

In defense of badniks returning, I see it not as a rehash but rather as a return of old friends. Remember how many of Sonic's pals made their returns? i.e. Amy in SA1, Chaotix in Heroes, etc.

Why can't the badniks have their due? I'd go so far to say that some badniks are better characters than some of Sonic's friends!

Cool to see them on the site even if they were already revealed in the leaked footage and magazine scans. I don't know if it's luck, coiincidence or the Sonic 4 site being so flash heavy but everytime the site makes a reveal my net becomes extreeeeeeeeeeemley slow. It's taken me about 20 minutes to be able to make this post. That's why I ask the other guys to cover the Sonic 4 site news but they're never around when the reveals happen :lol:

Has anybody made a badniks "roster" yet? I know there are some eager list makers out there!

Good to see countdowns for something other than badniks. The one under multimedia is going to be screenshots, dunno about the one at the bottom.

Buzzer's looking pretty slick...so far he's the best redesigned badnik, IMO.

11.jpg

...Is that a Machine Gun Buzzer? No look, the gun, it even has bullet clips coming out of it's guns in the concept art.

Also 6 badniks for Splash Hill! =D

11.jpg

...Is that a Machine Gun Buzzer? No look, the gun, it even has bullet clips coming out of it's guns in the concept art.

Also 6 badniks for Splash Hill! =D

6? I'd bet that Shellcracker is in Mad Gear cause that also has another Metropolis badnik- Asteron. Plus I can just see the rage at such an unforgiving badnik in the first stage. Hey, what if Shellcrackers update (if there is one?) lets his punch hit you from any direction? That would be lulz.

Hey, what if Shellcrackers update (if there is one?) lets his punch hit you from any direction? That would be lulz.

Or at any point in the game. You're on the act select menu? Too bad, shellcracker gonna hit you!

6? I'd bet that Shellcracker is in Mad Gear cause that also has another Metropolis badnik- Asteron. Plus I can just see the rage at such an unforgiving badnik in the first stage. Hey, what if Shellcrackers update (if there is one?) lets his punch hit you from any direction? That would be lulz.

Shell cracker really isn't hard on his own, it was just really hard getting around his claw in MZ because of his placement at the edge of ledges and in tight corridors.

Or at any point in the game. You're on the act select menu? Too bad, shellcracker gonna hit you!

Oh dear god XD, I might have to make a movie outta this!

...OK, I miscounted in my head. XDD 5 it is.

I think the countdown under videos might be music, so you can listen to music samples.

I think the one under concept art might be screen shots though.

this may have been brought up already but, would the fact that everything pretty much releases on tursday make it Sonic Foursday?

I think the countdown under videos might be music, so you can listen to music samples.
The thing in the upper-right is most likely the music player.

The thing in the upper-right is most likely the music player.

Actually that does make sense, sega usualy put music somewhere like that.

I wonder when the japanese site will update.

HOLY CRAP, I JUST REALIZED WHO THAT FISH BADNIK IS!!

(more like I heard discussion about it elsewhere, checked it up and was amazed lol...)

It's not a mix of the Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 Badnik, it's the fucking Chopper enemy from Sonic 2 Alpha!

chopperalpha.jpg

Possibility of Sonic 2 Beta Hidden Palace Zone and Dust Hill Zone returning now if their taking stuff from Sonic 2 Alpha?

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 3

HOLY CRAP, I JUST REALIZED WHO THAT FISH BADNIK IS!!

It's not a mix of the Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 Badnik, it's the fucking Chopper enemy from Sonic 2 Alpha!

chopperalpha.jpg

Possibility of Sonic 2 Beta and Dust Hill Zone returning now if their taking stuff from Sonic 2 Alpha?

That's a very interesting theory. That would be cool to see those stages that were canned in Sonic 4.

Proof that the only Sonic characters that look cool with guns are the badniks.

Nack the weasel would like to have a word with you :lol:

Glad to see more classic badnik love, all of these just keep reminding me of how lame Robotnik's armies have become in the newer games. Generic robots can't cut it with badniks!

Really wish they would update a little more often, or with something a little bit bigger. Hopefully the next update we get turns out to be a trailer or a gameplay vid.

I coulde see Shellcracker being in Splah Hill to replace Crabmeat..

I coulde see Shellcracker being in Splah Hill to replace Crabmeat..

Crabmeat is an easy-to-beat enemy, so it makes sense for it to be in the first level of the game.

Shellcracker, on the other hand, takes significantly more effort to beat (or heck, even avoid if you're in enclosed spaces). It belongs in later levels.