Awoo.

Official Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Websites

Indigo Rush

Oh, c'mon Sega, I have to get back to Puppet Land to rehearse with Headdy at 5:00! Even I can't be expected to wait for this long.

It's up, and it's the Motobug! I wonder if it was always set for 11am PST but they rigged up the timers wrong? I suppose we'll find out on Thursday...

Yep, it's up now. Just a Motobug and 8 locked Badniks. Though apparently the Motobug can turn around now.

It's up, and it's the Motobug! I wonder if it was always set for 11am PST but they rigged up the timers wrong? I suppose we'll find out on Thursday...

What complete shit.

• Bad Quality Post 1

But we already saw him in the trailer, oh well. Glad to see they're updating the badniks attacks, I wonder how fast Motobug will chase you if you jump over him.

But we already saw him in the trailer, oh well. Glad to see they're updating the badniks attacks, I wonder how fast Motobug will chase you if you jump over him.

Well it's to be expected. The Badnik section was already found out, and the Motobug thing was known through people going through the site. The description is new but this comes as no surprise to me. If you people haven't figured it out yet, it's not shit marketing on SEGA's part as much they only want to reveal a little bit at a time. I think all of you are just more used to learning so much so quickly. My prediction is we will get little and little until May when the information all starts coming and gameplay and more.

Well.....that was certainly worth the wait. Kinda reminds me of the "You must recover!" Brawl update. It's one of those "No duh, we already knew that" updates. Oh well, I'll just sit here and wait for a real trailer.

What are people going on about? Motobug is awesome! And it looks like he's gotten smarter. I mean, really, turning around to face Sonic? That's, like, Rhinobot level of intelligence right there!

I AM STOKED.

Seriously though, this is really cool.

What would be cooler and more creative on SEGA's part is rather than updating Motobug's attack pattern, they could create a new badnik with said attack pattern.

They keep expecting people to get excited over old stuff. It's not working for me. If I saw a little tigerbot (or whatever), then I'd be like, "holy shit creativity." At least people who make fangames fuse badniks together to make them somewhat different (if not incredibly ugly in some cases).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

okay, I see it now. Had to clear the cookies.

I'm PUMPED! Yes it's motobug, but the description seems to point at it having an improved AI. Perhaps that's the first surprise of the game. Level kicks off like a very similar GHZ, but after a short jog and hop over motobug he turns and charges right at you! That would be a nice kick in the nuts to make one realize that this is no Sonic 1 rehash.

badnik-290x188.jpg

SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF BRUTALITY? THINK AGAIN. YOU PISSANTS AIN'T NEVER SEEN NOTHING TO MATCH THE SHEER BADASSERY OF THIS DUDE HERE, THE NEW IMPROVED MOTOBUG!!1!!

LOOK AT THOSE FUCKING CLAWS MAN, LOOK AT THEM! OH THAT'S RIGHT YOU CAN'T LOOK AT THEM BECAUSE YOUR EYES ARE LOCKED SHUT IN BOWEL-VOIDING FEAR AFTER YOU TOOK HALF A GLANCE UPON THE FACE OF SUCH A FUCKING BADASS!! THIS MOTOBUG IS A MEAN BEAN KILLING MACHINE, HE EATS HEDGEHOGS FOR LUNCH EVERY GODDAM DAY AND WASHES IT DOWN WITH A PINT OF CAUSTIC MACHINE OIL JUST BECAUSE HE FUCKING CAN!

TWO WHEELS? FUCK THAT SHIT. THE MOTOBUG ONLY NEEDS ONE WHEEL TO FUCKING DRIVE-BY KILL YOUR ASS, SLICE YOU UP AND LEAVE YOU A FUCKING RASPBERRY-JAM SMEAR ON THAT PLASTIC SPLASH HILL ZONE GRASS. AND HE'LL DO IT TOO. TAILS ISN'T AROUND TO SAVE YOU NOW BY FLYING UP IN THE AIR LIKE A PUSSY BUT EVEN IF HE WAS THIS NIGHTMARE KILL-BEETLE WOULD CUT HIM IN FUCKING HALF BEFORE HE GOT OFF THE GROUND. SHIT!!

OH BUT IT'S NOT FUCKING OVER YET!! THIS GUY'S BADASS PAPA DR. EGGMAN JUST GAVE HIM A FUCKING UPGRADE. YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS? NOW HE CAN FUCKING TURN AROUND WHEN YOU JUMP OVER HIM!! JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST!?!?!?!!! YOU THINK YOU'VE GOTTEN AWAY BUT YOU SEE THIS BADASS MO'FO DO A WHOLE FUCKING ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DEGREE TURN AND COME RIGHT BACK AT YOU?! YOU'D SHIT YOURSELF RIGHT THERE, BUT THIS BADASS BUGBOT WONT GIVE YOU THE CHANCE 'COS HE'LL TEAR YOUR RECTUM OUT THROUGH YOUR NOSTRILS BEFORE YOUR PANTS ARE EVEN FUCKING BROWN!!

JUST KILL YOURSELF RIGHT NOW IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU!

FUCK!!

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Nice to see that they are doing new things with old Badniks. Just turning around isn't much. But it's just the first Badnik in the first level, so I'll let it slide.

However, by the time I reach Shellcracker, he better be able to turn around and stretch his arm in all directions to counter even the Homing Attack....or, something.

okay, I see it now. Had to clear the cookies.

I'm PUMPED! Yes it's motobug, but the description seems to point at it having an improved AI. Perhaps that's the first surprise of the game. Level kicks off like a very similar GHZ, but after a short jog and hop over motobug he turns and charges right at you! That would be a nice kick in the nuts to make one realize that this is no Sonic 1 rehash.

I did that and cleared the cache, still nothing. The site does work on the PS3 browser but it's quite rubbish. Oh well, Motobug looks cool and we just might see some NEW concept art by thursday.

Still 8 to be revieled. I think theyre all going to be old badniks. Showing us which they DID include in the game.

Because 9 in the whole game would be a bit... ... yea you know

Edited by Jaouad

Am I the only one who thinks 8 is a low number? I mean, perhaps it's a bit nitpicky and that's definitely more enemies than a Sonic game has seen in quite some time (Unleashed had a grand total of like, 3 or so robots), but I dunno, I kind of expected more. Whatever, doesn't really matter.

Am I the only one who thinks 8 is a low number? I mean, perhaps it's a bit nitpicky and that's definitely more enemies than a Sonic game has seen in quite some time (Unleashed had a grand total of like, 3 or so robots), but I dunno, I kind of expected more. Whatever, doesn't really matter.

I'll still say this: You guys are acting like this website is going to show you EVERYTHING about the game. It's not going to show you every fickle detail and zone; These are PREVIEWS, they may only PREVIEW 4 zones and 9 Badniks. That does not mean that's all there is in the game.

3-4 with a few different weapon types. Yeah I spent to much time on the game lol.

This is what I see:

badniks.png

8 more to unlock, but I don't think that will be the only badniks in the game, surely we'll see more when we'll play it or in some trailers.

EDIT: Do NOT compare this game to unleash as this game has no eggpawns but Badniks wich means there will be loads of variety then any other modern games, bar SA1.

What do you have in:

SA2:

G.U.N. shooting robots (shield/no shield)

Flying G.U.N. (Moving/static)

Note: Bio Chaos Experiments don't count as robots to me

SH:

Eggpawns

BigEggs

Eggwizards

Egghawks

StH:

TRANSFORMERS, ROBOTS IN DISGUISE

Seriously... I didn't play the game so I can't comments that part

SU:

Eggpawns (Various shields/No shield/Swordies)

Flying... robots thinggy...

Missle thinggy bots...

Note: D. Gaia's mobs don't count since they are not made by RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRobotnik

The thing is... compare to the classic and this one (obviously even tho we saw only 1 badnik) the modern game's robots all look the same type from type (ground type & flying type) and compare to the classic... they don't surpass 5 different looking robots.

So yeah, don't compare modern bots to classic badniks.

Edited by Unholy Sønic

I'm kinda worrind about the size of each episode and zone. Doesn't Wiiware have a small limit? Wouldn't 7 (give or take) zones with two acts and a boss fight be too big for Wiiware? I'm also a bit worried the acts will be Sonic 1 sized instead of Sonic 3 sized. Can anyone in the know fill me in on if something like a normal classic sized Sonic game with the graphic quality of Sonic 4 would be too large for Wiiware. I use Wiiware as an example because I'm pretty sure it has the smallest limit.

I get the feeling that the sites are rigged up to 11AM without care for compensating for server clocks/internal clocks and timezones.

But Fuck yeah motobug!

If they're as long as Sonic 2 stages I'll be happy, but a game with levels as long as Sonic 3 & Knuckles would be perfect.

I doubt there will be only 9 Badniks in the game. GHZ had like 5 Badniks itself. So why have a game with only 4 more than the first level of the first game?

The badniks were Buzzbomber,Motobug, The chmeleon, Crabmeat, and the piranha..