Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

Posting this in here, since this relates to Super Sonic combat:

giphy.gif

Unsure what skill this is exactly other than a counter, but given the button input is the exact same, the conditions to activate it are the exact same, and the move itself appears to be the same apart from the suped-up knock-down animation for Super, it seems the move Super Sonic keeps abusing in the super fight is incredibly close to the move base-Sonic has access to. If this treatment carries over to the rest of Super Sonic’s finishers, that’s good news for the super Sonic hopeful imo

I wouldn't really hold your breath. I don't think SEGA would allow unreleased materials to be placed on a disc like that

On 10/15/2022 at 4:09 PM, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I wouldn't really hold your breath. I don't think SEGA would allow unreleased materials to be placed on a disc like that

SEGA has allowed a lot of stupid shit.

8 hours ago, Hidden04 said:

A new variation of the Kronos Island theme has been posted on Soundcloud. (Could this be a battle theme?)

https://on.soundcloud.com/mgcdX

This track is absolutely stunning btw.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can’t fault any of the music so far. Great ambience and Vibes for the aesthetics of the game all around 

Although a lot of the past games have been collaborations of artists - it does irk me slightly that a lot of media outlets have decided to headline focus on the fact that Jun isn’t involved with the music for this game. I mean… so what? He hasn’t been the head/lead in a lot of Sonic’s games for a while (and his most recent contributions have been questionable compared to his best work anyway).

Tomoya has put out a consistently better volume overall to the franchise and needs better recognition for this IMHO. 

• Thumbs Up 5

On 10/20/2022 at 11:41 AM, Sonicka said:

Can’t fault any of the music so far. Great ambience and Vibes for the aesthetics of the game all around 

Although a lot of the past games have been collaborations of artists - it does irk me slightly that a lot of media outlets have decided to headline focus on the fact that Jun isn’t involved with the music for this game. I mean… so what? He hasn’t been the head/lead in a lot of Sonic’s games for a while (and his most recent contributions have been questionable compared to his best work anyway).

Tomoya has put out a consistently better volume overall to the franchise and needs better recognition for this IMHO. 

I agree about Jun if you're referring to his attempts at Genesis music, but his rock game is still on point imo, i.e TSR. Tomoya is far from consistent, first he did a lot of orchestra stuff and now he's just the techno/dubstep guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

Tomoya is far from consistent, first he did a lot of orchestra stuff and now he's just the techno/dubstep guy.

I mean, Colors and Forces has their fair share of rock in them too, so that stance glosses over way too much of his repertoire. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

I agree about Jun if you're referring to his attempts at Genesis music, but his rock game is still on point imo, i.e TSR. Tomoya is far from consistent, first he did a lot of orchestra stuff and now he's just the techno/dubstep guy.

Rock elements are still fantastic, Genesis attempts... less so of course. What I was getting at was the quality of output as opposed to the consistency in sticking to a genre of music. Although enjoyment of said work does lend itself to subjectivity of course.

7 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I mean, Colors and Forces has their fair share of rock in them too, so that stance glosses over way too much of his repertoire. 

Agreed, he's certainly got a great range and a real knack for memorable theme tunes. There's a heck of a lot of content in Lost World that still has me humming. 

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

Ohtani has been around since the Adventure era, where he did Knuckle's tracks. He's made contributions to every major game since the series went 3D. I have my own problems with him but he has more range than anyone else who has touched these games. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I just don't know what the heck happened to Hataya, the man peaked at Sonic CD, then composed arguibly some of the best tracks in Heroes (Stage Select, Bonus Stage, Mystic Mansion..), did great remixes in Gens, and then... He did the one and weakest track in Lost World and some of the worst ones in Frontiers. I miss God Hataya.

2 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

10/10

Huh. Did not see that coming.

27 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Huh. Did not see that coming.

I know right? Completely expected more Puyo Puyo. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

But seriously, Why is TETRIS of all things in this game?! What is the possible narrative reason for that?!

Scraping as usual, I see, eh Sonic Team?  Pitching this game at everyone outside of your fanbase, again.

13 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Scraping as usual, I see, eh Sonic Team?  Pitching this game at everyone outside of your fanbase, again.

Naw, they on point here.

"How can we copy Mania without coping Mania"

lol

Still, wish I hadn't seen that. Would have been cool to run into that cold turkey. Guess I am going into full media blackout now....

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly I just want to say, them withholding the super Sonic gameplay until presumably release is an insanely smart move on the marketing's part. We're already seeing how quickly high-end combat footage spreads through word of mouth, but as soon as people start showing off Super Sonic gameplay with all the experience actually playing the game offers, and the presentation it has, it's going to be a show stopper for some people. Much moreso than it would have been if it was a part of the more stilted marketing material everyone usually glosses over.

Might seem minor but with the amount of impatient people who insist marketing is bad and never giving props to the actual purpose, it's worth noting some of the better approaches in that regard.

5 hours ago, The Deleter said:

Honestly I just want to say, them withholding the super Sonic gameplay until presumably release is an insanely smart move on the marketing's part. We're already seeing how quickly high-end combat footage spreads through word of mouth, but as soon as people start showing off Super Sonic gameplay with all the experience actually playing the game offers, and the presentation it has, it's going to be a show stopper for some people. Much moreso than it would have been if it was a part of the more stilted marketing material everyone usually glosses over.

Might seem minor but with the amount of impatient people who insist marketing is bad and never giving props to the actual purpose, it's worth noting some of the better approaches in that regard.

It's surreal how the marketing went from being bog standard and terrible, to actually pretty clever as things went along.

• Thumbs Up 1

If nothing else I think fans who care a lot about story probably really appreciate being kept in the dark to heighten the sense of mystery. Since there's gonna be more story to chew on through stuff like side quests and side activities too, even what little has been revealed will make up an ultimately small section of the narrative.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

EDIT: Apparently from an official livestream, kinda surprised they just let this info out there:

Rhea is the daughter of Gaia and wife of Kronos, as well as the mother to a number of prominent Olympian gods.

Uranus, otherwise spelled Ouranos as it is here, is the father of the Titans and husband of Gaia (oh, and also her son, ew).

• Thumbs Up 1

KACRO- oh wait this isn't a Kirby game.

Stupid jokes aside, if it's real that each island has some locked areas and will be revisited later in the game, we could consider that as a sort of "act 2" of each open zone. If that's the case, 5 zones with 2 acts each might be a little smaller compared to a standard game (usually around 7 zones), but considering they are open areas to explore it's not even that small of a content. But there are many "If"s.

Going as fast as possible through the environment like in that Chaos Island video preview does seem a bit fun at least, and playing with the open zone as if it was a linear level with the goal to traverse it from one side to the other can be another fun way to add replay value to the game.

I'm still not fully convinced by this game, but there are parts of it that I like.