Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

21 hours ago, NoKaine said:

The explanation for why Big is here is exactly what I wanted.

Sonic: "How did you get here?"

Big: "I dunno. I wanted to fish and now I'm fishing. Wanna fish?"

Sonic: "...sure."

Called it! Hahaha

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Some low quality-ish recording of a vocal track! 

Used in Sky Sanctuary!

Huh, I didn't think there was anything vocal tracks in the levels before, cool. I like the vibe of this

3 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

For anyone curious, the shot isn't only used for fishing

It'd be a lot funnier if it was just for the fishing, so I will headcanon that info was incorrect.

8 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Some gameplay of funny meme character's fishing minigame in this video

...it's fishing. That's all you need to know.

> Located next to the big fishing portal

Giant throne/portal identified

wnE16Fe.png

8 hours ago, NoKaine said:

The explanation for why Big is here is exactly what I wanted.

Sonic: "How did you get here?"

Big: "I dunno. I wanted to fish and now I'm fishing. Wanna fish?"

Sonic: "...sure."

I hoped it was gonna be something like that.

Big is Stan Lee. He's the cameo master. He just appears. It's great.

• Thumbs Up 6

I like the idea of super Sonic being a normal recurring gameplay feature instead of something being saved for the end, and I mean like ACTUALLY having a tangible effect on gameplay in a unique way and not just simply going through old levels as him as a bonus 

• Thumbs Up 3

Even more enemy and boss types. The higher they continue to push that number the better. 

I think that's what I'm surprised about most in this game. They are throwing quite a few curve balls into enemy variety and each alters the way you fight quite drastically. That balloon spawning enemy might be the most inspired use of a homing chain in the series history. And ridable badniks should never not be a thing. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I think the early playtesting has reaped rewards for Sonic Team. I think feedback really helped them fill out this world with interesting variety even if the environment itself is somewhat generic.

• Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Even more enemy and boss types. The higher they continue to push that number the better. 

I think that's what I'm surprised about most in this game. They are throwing quite a few curve balls into enemy variety and each alters the way you fight quite drastically. That balloon spawning enemy might be the most inspired use of a homing chain in the series history. And ridable badniks should never not be a thing. 

I like how these enemies in particular are focusing on Sonic's platforming and movement, which is something that makes it stand out from other beatemup/hackn'slash games. While people are right that the moves lack a lot of impact, the fact that Sonic is being kept moving is an important steup up from the werehog and other combat attempts.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Kuzu said:

Super Sonic being a permanent fixture makes me think Sonic gets a more powerful form...maybe.

So....Hyper Sonic's going to return.

Hyper Sonic is boring. If they really want to have a different form for the final boss, at least do a Cyber Sonic or Glitch Sonic or something.

• Thumbs Up 4

Even better idea. Eggman shows up out of nowhere and defeats the final, biggest Titan controlled by SAGE, scattering the Chaos Emeralds, and the final boss is another version of the Nega Wisp Armor! But, it's cyber-y this time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3
  • Absolutely 2

17 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I want the opposite. I want base-form Sonic to take on a Chaos Emerald-powered titan. Power scaling can die in a fire for all I care.

A boss fight where Sonic has to take all seven emeralds back from a titan one-by-one and THEN turn into Super to deliver the coup de grace? There's an idea 🤔

• Thumbs Up 5

26 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I want the opposite. I want base-form Sonic to take on a Chaos Emerald-powered titan. Power scaling can die in a fire for all I care.

I mean, if this game is gonna go full DBZ. You may as well own it.

I think the "new" Island is still Ares because we can still see the cannons and other structures from Ares. It looks grayish. Maybe because of the volcano ash. That makes me happy because that means we are getting environment variety inside each island, not only from one island to another.

That landscape above the clouds looks awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

Go figure why didn't they played the entire song like the old days. It just... Fades akwardly.

Also, what's up with some footage being 60fps and other don't? 

7 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Hyper Sonic is boring. If they really want to have a different form for the final boss, at least do a Cyber Sonic or Glitch Sonic or something.

Either way its gonna cause some seizures lmao

1 hour ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Have Crush 40 confirmed their absence, or is the jury still out?

I wouldn't mind a Crush 40 version of I'm Here tbh

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

So....Hyper Sonic's going to return.

Possibly not. Hyper Sonic isn't canon. Maybe a Full Power Super Sonic at most.