Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

11 hours ago, Diogenes said:

For a certain definition of "rescued". Amy's still all hologram-y after being freed from that pod, and IIRC there's a screenshot of her still in that state on the second island. Presumably you'll spend most of the game working to get them fully disentangled from cyberspace.

Looking at some of the footage of the game so far, I noticed Big wasn't like Amy (looking like a hologram). Could be an interesting plot point, seeing Big roaming around seemingly unaffected. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Looking at some of the footage of the game so far, I noticed Big wasn't like Amy (looking like a hologram). Could be an interesting plot point, seeing Big roaming around seemingly unaffected. 

Big's thing is kinda showing up in strange locales without explanation. He's been in the background of odd places for years as kind of a running joke. 

I'd actually be surprised if they put any effort in explaining how or why Big is even there. He's the only character in the franchise outside of Sonic himself where you could get away with a "fancy seeing you here" and just have everyone roll with it without consequence. 

• Thumbs Up 9

28 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Big's thing is kinda showing up in strange locales without explanation. He's been in the background of odd places for years as kind of a running joke. 

I'd actually be surprised if they put any effort in explaining how or why Big is even there. He's the only character in the franchise outside of Sonic himself where you could get away with a "fancy seeing you here" and just have everyone roll with it without consequence. 

I hope this is EXACTLY how they intend to go, because yeah, that's Big's thing. Sonic asks "How did you get here?", to which Big simply replies "I dunno. *silence* Wanna fish? :D". And we're done with it. And the after credits scene shows him fishing in another wacky place. Big is the Stan Lee of the Sonic universe.

• Thumbs Up 4

This is probably a long shot, but inside my brain, the fact that there are five islands instead of just four felt like a "reveal" of sorts, even though the only source on "four" was the old investors' pitch. We know the emeralds are important here, and Flynn's vague statements imply that he (for some reason) needed to know the origin of the chaos emeralds, so even though I have no proof for this, I keep going back to the idea that the last island is Angel Island. So maybe back when it was a part of the Earth, it occupied the space in the Starfall archipelago between the other four islands and where the Mystic Ruins' coast is now. So it wouldn't necessarily be too far from where Big lives!

Also, I have a suspicion that if we are getting the chaos emerald origins, they probably fell from space, hence "Starfall". Hey, that's the old Archie origin, and we have an Archie writer! It could all fit together if it weren't for the fact that this is pure speculation and I have no actual evidence.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think there are going to be four actual islands and the last one is just going to be a major boss battle of some kind, honestly. We've heard four islands for so long that in my mind that's the games main content.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

46 minutes ago, Jango said:

I hope this is EXACTLY how they intend to go, because yeah, that's Big's thing. Sonic asks "How did you get here?", to which Big simply replies "I dunno. *silence* Wanna fish? :D". And we're done with it. And the after credits scene shows him fishing in another wacky place. Big is the Stan Lee of the Sonic universe.

It would be hilarious if we got a similar ending to this as Silent Hill's Dog ending, only with Big being way more than what we usually see of him. Heck, there may be some payoff with completing all of the fishing challenges (if there are any).

15 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think there are going to be four actual islands and the last one is just going to be a major boss battle of some kind, honestly. We've heard four islands for so long that in my mind that's the games main content.

I dunno, if something's just a boss battle, it would feel inaccurate or downright misleading to describe it as a "massive overworld island".

• Thumbs Up 3

I've never felt Angel Island had any special connection to the emeralds, honestly. Like yeah we all know about Chaos and all that but the emeralds have appeared all over and have interacted with plenty of different civilizations, the echidnas just seem like one of the more notable ones that we know about. And with their connection to the Gaia temples and that cycle of planetary destruction and recreation I feel like their origins must be so far back that connecting it to Angel Island wouldn't make much sense.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I guess the question depends on the master emerald, then, and whether that has any connection to XYZ.

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

I've been thinking this ever since they said it would be five islands and not four, I'm really hoping the last island is just as involved as the last four but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't, although still very disappointed since the last areas of Sonic games are usually the most interesting to me. The last stories of  Sonic games are usually just one longer level and 1-2 boss fights. 

Seeing them reuse Sky Sanctuary and seeing the Death Egg in the background made me think, having the Death Egg as the final "island" would be such a cool idea. The thing is the size of a small moon, they could get really creative with what's inside it to make it an open world area. Just forget the linearity of the Death Egg from Forces ever happened. I hope one of the islands is at least some type of industrialized area or a city. 

It's a bonus island themed after Green Hill that you unlock after completing every Cyber Space stage. It's the physics and loops playground everyone imagined when they heard there would be an open world Sonic game.

• Chuckle 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

4 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I like to imagine Sage trapping sonic/tails/amy in cyberspace but sees Big chilling by a pond and just thinks "He's fine he's just living his life" and leaves him alone

You know I can see them uncovering in the story that Angel Island used to be a Starfall Island and it turns out it's one of the 5 islands in the game. That would be really cool !

• Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, StellarBlur said:

You know I can see them uncovering in the story that Angel Island used to be a Starfall Island and it turns out it's one of the 5 islands in the game. That would be really cool !

It would be really cool if there was an Angel island and you could visit all of the different stage themes from Sonic 3 and Knuckles in a big open world. I know that's not going to happen but it would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Ingolme said:

It would be really cool if there was an Angel island and you could visit all of the different stage themes from Sonic 3 and Knuckles in a big open world. I know that's not going to happen but it would be nice.

1 hour ago, StellarBlur said:

Since the game tries to explain the origin of the Chaos Emeralds, I can definitely see them doing this as perhaps the final island. I doubt it'd be more than the Jungle area with some ruins here and there as opposed to seeing everything from Carnival Night to Sandopolis, but who knows.

That or maybe the Starfall Islands were all originally one big island, Angel Island itself, and it's your job to connect them back together or something like that.

Eitherway, I feel like Angel Island will be referenced in some way or another. It was already referenced with the Knuckles Reveal Trailer with him standing in front of the emerald shrine. It would be great to see Angel Island again in some capacity. 

23 hours ago, McGroose said:

Eitherway, I feel like Angel Island will be referenced in some way or another. It was already referenced with the Knuckles Reveal Trailer with him standing in front of the emerald shrine. It would be great to see Angel Island again in some capacity. 

Seconded, and probably crashing down to sea level no doubt for the Xth time.

Knuckles is guardian of the year after all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, Ingolme said:

That is definitely too much to expect.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some gameplay of funny meme character's fishing minigame in this video

...it's fishing. That's all you need to know.

• Way Past Cool 1

Sonic doing the anime cut-in when he reels in a fish is funny, I like it when mundane stuff gets dramatized like that. Other than that, cool, fishing. That'll be a neat little side thing.

The explanation for why Big is here is exactly what I wanted.

Sonic: "How did you get here?"

Big: "I dunno. I wanted to fish and now I'm fishing. Wanna fish?"

Sonic: "...sure."

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 2