Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

Just now, MGA_Gamer said:

I hope that isn't the case. I hope Tails is on the third island so that he has a bigger role in the story.

If Tails was playing a bigger role then we'd know that by now. I don't even see what he could contribute to the story, the story's honestly well enough with Tails, Knuckles, and Amy playing a lowkey role in it in my personal opinion.

55 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Uh...what?

What's to stop you from getting infinite tokens by doing that?

It's pretty random to make the player do that for just 1.

Obviously however for the infinite boost it'd have a cool down so you can't abuse it.

i seriously doubt the game designers (even these ones) would make such an exploitable loop that you could get infinite tokens like this. it’s probably a cute easter egg that lets you get one token and periodically might happen again from time to time 

Just now, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

If Tails was playing a bigger role then we'd know that by now. I don't even see what he could contribute to the story, the story's honestly well enough with Tails, Knuckles, and Amy playing a lowkey role in it in my personal opinion.

Maybe they are saving his part in the story for later to avoid spoilers.

Or, and hear me out on this, he's just in another supporting role because not every Sonic product needs Tails to play a central role in the story?

• Thumbs Up 3

The role of Amy, Tails, and Knuckles in general we don't know much about. We know they're trapped, and that you can get them free from their cage but they're still ghosts. I remember one preview talking about Amy appearing and wanting to help the Kocos, so they will probably be involved in sidequests.

Whatever Tails does is relevant only whenever he appears, though, so we will likely not get an answer until the game comes out.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Or, and hear me out on this, he's just in another supporting role because not every Sonic product needs Tails to play a central role in the story?

I'm not saying he should be a "central" character. Just have him be present enough to contribute something meaningful to the plot. I'm not talking about him stealing the limelight or anything here. We already have a comic book coming out later this year for that! ;)

1 minute ago, MGA_Gamer said:

I'm not saying he should be a "central" character. Just have him be present enough to contribute something meaningful to the plot. I'm not talking about him stealing the limelight or anything here.

I get that, but I just don't think he needs to contribute to the plot that much. Not every character in the story can have a meaningful purpose. It's just how things usually are.

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I get that, but I just don't think he needs to contribute to the plot that much. Not every character in the story can have a meaningful purpose. It's just how things usually are.

The History Of The White Flag Is Fascinating | HistoryInOrbit.com

Here's the list of items you can exchange with Big:

- Portal Gear

- Diaries

- Amy's Memory Cores

- Emerald Vault Key

- Seeds of Power/Seeds of Defense

- Little Koco

- 100 Rings

- Skill Points

• Thumbs Up 3

Is there any footage of thr cyberspace stages that shows what happens if you Boost into badniks? The boost seems less overpowered in the open zone and wondering if that translates to cyberspace. I haven't seen footage of bowling pin enemies but I also haven't seen anyone try it either.

6 hours ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Here's the list of items you can exchange with Big:

- Portal Gear

- Diaries

- Amy's Memory Cores

- Emerald Vault Key

- Seeds of Power/Seeds of Defense

- Little Koco

- 100 Rings

- Skill Points

Couldn't Sonic just ask Big nicely to give him the stuff he needs to get them off of the islands quicker, lol

• Chuckle 3

We have our first impressions of the Switch version. It "impresses with quality".

That's a pretty good sign. A solid 30 fps experience that isn't very muddy, that's all I ask for.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Nintendo finally got Generations HD.

Honestly am baffled that that game legit hasn't come to Switch yet.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Honestly am baffled that that game legit hasn't come to Switch yet.

They tested the waters out with Colors Ultimate and Origins, and I think Sega doesn't know what to make of the response to either.

I think it'll be a while before we see anymore ports or remasters.

Am I the only one completely in love with the whole Titan sequence and design?
I haven't seen much talk around it anywhere, I think it's one of the best things to come out of the franchise ever, I'm even surprised I'm saying it in regards to this game.

That artbook is gonna be insane.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I haven't seen much talk around it anywhere, I think it's one of the best things to come out of the franchise ever, I'm even surprised I'm saying it in regards to this game.

I was worried about it at first with how nondescript it looked, in the CGI forest scene beforehand, but the alien-esque jaw inception and spindly arms/legs really brought it all together; just a fantastic titan design all around. Every single shot it has in the cutscenes oozes presence in a way that only the best Sonic monsters have pulled off.

Fc1pshmXwAMnQxL?format=jpg&name=large

The fact that he's just staring blankly with a toothy grin as you attack really helps bring some personality to a mechanical abomination

Really hope the rest of the titans in the game manage to pull off designs just as impressive as this. So far it seems like they're going for moreso Angel styled designs than strictly bipedal/animal titans, so I expect to see some deadly geometry here and there, but there's a lot you can do with the spectrum inbetween.

As for the gameplay, I can understand the automation to a degree, but I really hope hard mode turns down the assistance players get to reach the top of these. The climbing mechanics seem relatively fleshed out this time around, so making the most out of the Shadow of the Collosus approach seems like a no brainer to me, even if Super Sonic will be the main meat event. Sonic bosses making use of the approach as the challenge on its own is something the series should do far more with tbh.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sonikko said:

It's really cool, taking direct control over Sonic to demonstrate that the player has absolutely no chance against his base form is a great marriage of gameplay and storytelling, however brief the moment may be. And having to climb on his back to get the last emerald and go super is a sort of peril that I wish the series did more in regards to boss fights. Makes me wish they didn't spoil that moment in the TGS trailer.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, ZinogreVolt said:

It's really cool, taking direct control over Sonic to demonstrate that the player has absolutely no chance against his base form is a great marriage of gameplay and storytelling, however brief the moment may be. And having to climb on his back to get the last emerald and go super is a sort of peril that I wish the series did more in regards to boss fights. Makes me wish they didn't spoil that moment in the TGS trailer.

Same, I wish I hadn't seen this beforehand. It would have blown me away in the game!

I guess I should stop watching footage of the game, cause I don't really need to see much more, and we're close to release.

On 9/16/2022 at 6:43 PM, Razule said:

Couldn't Sonic just ask Big nicely to give him the stuff he needs to get them off of the islands quicker, lol

Big's got that entrepreneur spirit, my man. He ain't giving shit for free.

Sonic want something? Sonic gotta pay the price. No sneaking one past the big cat.

• Chuckle 1