Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

8 minutes ago, PSI Wind said:

It's honestly insane how much good the movie has done for the franchise given the initial trailer. 

We're in a better timeline for it. Guarantee you there's a parallel timeline where the movie flopped.

11 minutes ago, MetKey said:

Kinda weird for that City Escape level to use tanks and helicopters as enemies for some reason instead of G.U.N. robots

Perhaps a form of how warped Sonic's memories have become?

31 minutes ago, MetKey said:

Kinda weird for that City Escape level to use tanks and helicopters as enemies for some reason instead of G.U.N. robots

Generic city stage uses generic city enemies. They can't afford to replicate the assets of everything they're ripping off, same as how they reskinned Unleashed's tutorial stage into GHZ.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, MightyGems said:

Here is something on the Drop Dash.

Sonic’s speed??? Increasing??? As he goes downhill??? Faster than the base boost’s speed cap???

AfraidWiltedGharial-size_restricted.gif

GGRRRAAAAHHHTHATSWHATIVEBEENWAITINGFORRRRR!!!!1!!!1

Spoiler

Hopefully they’ve built things around it at least

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

Sonic’s speed??? Increasing??? As he goes downhill??? Faster than the base boost’s speed cap???

Reveal hidden contents

That is what I was thinking. Man, isn't it nice to see that exact thing happen in Sonic Frontiers?

26 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Perhaps a form of how warped Sonic's memories have become?

I think the plot having anything to do with characters having amnesia is debunked by now.

9 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

They can't afford to replicate the assets of everything they're ripping off

Now we're complaining that they're not taking assets, huh.

How would it cost more to reuse assets??? That's like... the reason why they're reusing assets, because they're cheaper. 

Wait, you said "replicate." You think they're spending money to make new assets that look exactly the same as old assets???

Also, what do you think was in Generations' City Escape? The Eggrobos in Sky Sanctuary are borrowed, why would you think the Mono Beetles and Gun Hunters are off-limits?

Anyways yay, Drop Dash~

15 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Reveal hidden contents

The Drop Dash will be outdated by the Power Boost / max speed Sonic, since apparently it's the only thing that gets to the blue part of the Speedometer.

HOWEVER, the Drop Dash will pretty much be required for Cyber Space since it's faster than Sonic's boost. Which is honestly really great.

The time trial segment also shows that they are definitely thinking about slopes, even if the game isn't about them.

Edited by NoKaine

30 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

How would it cost more to reuse assets??? That's like... the reason why they're reusing assets, because they're cheaper. 

Wait, you said "replicate." You think they're spending money to make new assets that look exactly the same as old assets???

Also, what do you think was in Generations' City Escape? The Eggrobos in Sky Sanctuary are borrowed, why would you think the Mono Beetles and Gun Hunters are off-limits?

He's...not criticizing anything about the game there. You know that, right? That that's a general statement and not a criticism?

Was really hoping to see a stage last longer than one minute but nope, ends nearly exactly on it. Man I missed when speed stages felt like 3-5 minutes of adventure through a large landscapes instead of 1 minute bit sized chunks of nothing. At least they’re not pretending this is the main meat of the game this time.

57 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

No.

I can't identify, with confidence, reused textures and models on sight, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they're all reused, maybe they're not, I don't really care, reusing level themes this much is lame whether the assets are new or not.

My point is that they're not going to recreate Star Light Zone's Orbinauts and Bombs, and Speed Highway's Spinners and Cop Speeders, and City Escape's Gun Hunters and Mono Beetles, and Grand Metropolis's Egg Flappers and Camerons, and Westopolis' GUN Soldiers and Black Arms, etc etc, in the same way they're not going to recreate all of those level themes. What they're doing is shoving all the city stages they want to rip off into one generic city theme, presumably because they felt reusing any one theme would be too specific, and likewise creating a set of generic city enemies to fit that generic theme and stand in for the wide variety of enemies that they can't afford to recreate.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like you're wasting your time trying to argue with NoKaine tbh, it's clear that they're not gonna change their minds.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yea that's extremely fuckin broken lol. That, and Sonic just light speed dashing his own dropped rings after a hit definitely needs to be nerfed. We're looking at early build stuff so maybe they already cracked down on this? If not, well then Sonic is literally on god mode the entire playthrough.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp...

It's just as I thought, they'll probably already have this fixed before the game releases...but this is the exact thing I was talking about when it was revealed that doing the loop gives you stuff.

This doesn't even seem like the time of thing this should even give you, seems more like a progression thing...

---

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

I could've sworn someone said there was a cool down..? 

I brought up the possibility, but it was only speculation anyway.

5 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Maybe they're all reused, maybe they're not, I don't really care, reusing level themes this much is lame whether the assets are new or not.

Man...

You must hate the idea of Tears of The Kingdom... or to a lesser extent Elden Ring.

• Thumbs Up 1