Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

After seeing these new screenshots, I'm pretty sure that the volcano area is a new island and not part of Ares. This means that they have shown 3 islands out of 5 already.

Since the old leaks said that there were only 4 islands, it's possible that the last island is smaller and just for the final boss; if that's the case, it would mean that they have already shown the majority of the game (even if that's not the case, 3/5 is still more than half).

I don't know how I feel about that, it's like when it was found that the demo level from Forces was a mid-game level and not a tutorial... the difference is that this time I kinda expected it and I was prepared for it, so it comes more like a confirmation than a disappointment.

Their presentation has always been about "five massive islands to explore", so unless they're being severely disingenuous I wouldn't expect it to just be a tiny boss level. I think everyone just keeps assuming this because of the old pitch leak that said there were only four, but...that wasn't the game itself, just the pitch.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they say it's "five massive islands", then it's five islands. No need to complicate that because of some very outdated info.

It looks like the volcano-themed island is in the sky? Or at least has incredibly high elevation because Sonic is above the clouds there. I like the idea. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Sega shows off all five islands just before the game releases. They showed off all bosses (except the final boss) and all 9 levels of Generations before release, their marketing is questionable like that. 

Also I could've sworn one of the leaks said that Sonic has a new form that reminded the leaker about Ultra Instinct from DBZS. I'm guessing it'll be a White recolor of Sonic.

It could be Hyper Sonic because if he isn't depicted as a walking Rainbow then it's as a white recolor of him. I really doubt it's Hpyer, probably gonna be named something else. I think Iizuka said at some point they were done with the idea of Hyper Sonic. Dunno why, they just are, I guess.

FcqsGZ0XkAAul6-?format=jpg&name=large

as an aside though I have had it up to here with the trailers being low res/blurry but the game itself clearly having the capability of running at 4K. Every single time they show off an area with footage that looks bad, it looks actually serviceable in the screenshots. I just don’t understand how anyone can approve that level of quality for marketing trailers so close to release.

3 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

It seems the Cyloop will have different effects depending on the shape you draw with it. 

It better. Been screaming that since day 1. Okami the **** outta that thing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Uh...what?

What's to stop you from getting infinite tokens by doing that?

It's pretty random to make the player do that for just 1.

Obviously however for the infinite boost it'd have a cool down so you can't abuse it.

17 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Uh...what?

What's to stop you from getting infinite tokens by doing that?

If the game is reading a specific shape, then it will simply stop spawning that item if the player makes that shape. They could put it on cooldown, have it once per island, etc.

And if it isn't reading a shape, it could simply be random with a bias against spawning the token.

But this is kind of like asking "if you can get keys from fighting enemies, what's the point of Cyber Space." One is a rare, uncommon event that rewards you for engaging with the system, and the other is a fundamental part of the gameplay.

No one's going to spin in circles for hours to get what they can naturally get by exploring the world. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

But this is kind of like asking "if you can get keys from fighting enemies, what's the point of Cyber Space."

The kind of collectible that sounds important, yes.

And probably isn't common enough to be gotten from simply doing a move a specific way...

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

The kind of collectible that sounds important, yes.

And probably isn't common enough to be gotten from simply doing a move a specific way...

You can get keys, seeds, and tokens from fighting enemies. If any enemy can give you those items, then it'd be broken, right? Except the chances of those drops are random; random enough that they are appreciated when it happens but you are not going to do nothing but fight enemies just to get those items. 

Same for the Cyloop items. It'll likely happen every once in a while, just long enough that you are rewarded for remembering an hour later but not for spamming the move over and over again.

6 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

If any enemy can give you those items, then it'd be broken, right?

From doing the move a specific way...on an enemy?

No...

That's a lot less mechanically confusing.

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

From doing the move a specific way...on an enemy?

No...

That's a lot less mechanically confusing.

No, you just get an item from beating an enemy at all. 

Fighting Soldiers to get keys and making hearts with the Cyloop to get tokens are on the same level of "random and tedious tasks that have an easier and more fun alternative", that focusing on those will not break the game. 

By the time you drew five hearts to get one, maybe two tokens, you could just run around randomly and run into a platforming section with a token. 

It's not something to worry about, is what I'm saying. The Cyloop thing in particular is a cute reward for being a little creative.

You're not really doing a good job at convincing people not to worry about it by essentially making it a "Tedious vs Mundane" situation.

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

You're not really doing a good job at convincing people not to worry about it by essentially making it a "Tedious vs Mundane" situation.

Doing an obscure move for a completely random chance of getting a single item that there is already plenty of

vs. just actually playing the game,

is an easy choice to most players, I think.

16 hours ago, Razule said:

Three friends to save and five islands. Maybe you have to keep collecting memory tokens to restore them fully so they aren't cyber ghosts?

Maybe not every island will require you to save a friend.

1 minute ago, mayday2592 said:

Maybe not every island will require you to save a friend.

I hope that isn't the case. I hope Tails is on the third island so that he has a bigger role in the story.

I wasn't even talking about the tedium of doing it...

I was questioning how they would've balanced the possibility of getting the item from doing the loop vs. why does doing the loop this way even give you an item that seems like it would be important.

• Thumbs Up 1