Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

Just now, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Wait, where'd you see a human kid?

It's near the end of Sonic Frontiers' segment in the Direct.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/28/2022 at 3:28 PM, MightyGems said:

It's near the end of Sonic Frontiers' segment in the Direct.

Mhm, this. Also forgot to say this but that is pretty sweet robot she has there!

Edited by TurboLightning7
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, TurboLightning2 said:

Mhm, this. Also forgot to say this but that is pretty sweet robot he has there!

Just a thought: Remember that pink haired female human from the Tails Vtuber episode? What if that human was the mom of the human in the Direct in Sonic Frontiers?

Yeah, probably not, but just a funny thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

This leak became more relevant:

f5nnzs8o3d291.png?width=1314&format=png&

Hmmm. That partner mechanic does sound like an interesting potential way to have "playability" for other characters in a similar vein to the Crash and Cortex partner sequences in Crash Twinsanity.

• Thumbs Up 5

This is the original post they mention as well:

e5l3xtxf7tz81.png

It called the cyberspace aesthetic. It also predicted the IGN footage coming out by two weeks.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Hmmm. That partner mechanic does sound like an interesting potential way to have "playability" for other characters in a similar vein to the Crash and Cortex partner sequences in Crash Twinsanity.

I can see this being implemented similarly to God of War (2018) and/or Hades. In God of War when you click on certain button you can Atreus fight for you for a bit giving you time to think of what to do and how to proceed with an enemy. In Hades, there is progress bar which fills up from both your successful attacks on enemies as well as enemies successfully attacking you (if this happens, the progress bar fills up faster). Once the progress bar reaches certain threshold you can summon character to help you briefly.

1 minute ago, phobs said:

I can see this being implemented similarly to God of War (2018) and/or Hades. In God of War when you click on certain button you can Atreus fight for you for a bit giving you time to think of what to do and how to proceed with an enemy. In Hades, there is progress bar which fills up from both your successful attacks on enemies as well as enemies successfully attacking you (if this happens, the progress bar fills up faster). Once the progress bar reaches certain threshold you can summon character to help you briefly.

The partner mechanic reminds me more of Bowser Jr in Bowser's Fury if it's described as an easy mode. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NoKaine said:

2 hours ago, NoKaine said:

This is the original post they mention as well:

e5l3xtxf7tz81.png

It called the cyberspace aesthetic. It also predicted the IGN footage coming out by two weeks.

Is there anything we've seen or heard so far that debunks these?

Just asking as i don't want to get my hopes up over the prospects of Tails and Knuckles finally being playable in a 3D game again even if it's relegated to just a battle mode

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, 8ther said:

Is there anything we've seen or heard so far that debunks these?

Just asking as i don't want to get my hopes up over the prospects of Tails and Knuckles finally being playable in a 3D game again even if it's relegated to just a battle mode

The Cyberspace levels aren't set in empty space.

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Razule said:

The Cyberspace levels aren't set in empty space.

I wouldn't say that. The screenshots show that the backdrops to the levels take a "Sonic Lost World" approach where the level geometry is suspended in a CyberSpace void.

you could very much describe it as "empty space", however I will say Sonic Team did quite a bit more window dressing here then in that previous effort.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, NoKaine said:

If we're legitimately getting chao garden i will eat my fucking hat

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, PublicEnemy1 said:

If we do get Chao Garden, I will drink water.

• Thumbs Up 1

There have been many rumors about buyable equipment, playable Shadow, movie skins for side characters (despite not telling directly that they were playable), and minigames, but now things are starting to make sense. There seem to be a battle mode with some playable characters, including ones who don't seem to appear in the story, such as Shadow(?).

A lot of those leaks tell some real informations and then contraddict some others, such as the one mentioned a few posts ago: "Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman the only main characters who appear in the game", depending on how you take it (I view it as "the only characters of the recurring cast"), it might be disconfirmed by the fact that Big seems to be in the game, but he's not "main", he's part of a minigame it seems...

There was that one also who mentioned that the final boss is Void from Sonic Shuffle... that one does not seem to be real as we got a render of Sage already, though it's also true that Sage has a similar look and similar proportions to Void, so maybe despite it being wrong, it still was based on real knownledge (the boss looks similar to Void but it's not the same character). On top of that, the AI helping Sonic and the Sage villain might be a similar situation as Lumina and Void, they're two halves of the same entity.

Unrelated, this is just speculation, but I think that the Phantom Ruby might actually be involved at least in the lore of the game, if not actively in the story. I already noticed those little red cubes from the very first footages and already speculated it, but now it seems to get even more likely.

----

If we get a Chao Garden I'll pet some chao.

(please let Cream at least appear there, she's been missing since over a decade, every other recurring character at least appeared or have been playable in a way or another, except her who last time appeared in Generations as a cheerleader and for a couple of missions, then never again, if we exclude the lame mobile spinoffs... and a glorified cameo in a Mario & Sonic game, a game where most of the other characters are playable and she has almost never been since the start of the series with one single exception for just one beach volley minigame on 3DS; it's since Sonic Rush, or Chronicles if we really want to stretch it, that she doesn't get a decent role in a game, too long for a character who around the times of Sonic X was considered part of the main group; it's time to bring her back, they did it in the comics with the Metal Virus and her story arc was great).

• Thumbs Up 5

So I've fallen off the leak train and have no intention of reading through all of this, so someone please tell me, has the bit about other playable characters been corroborated via official sources confirming something else the same person said?

• Thumbs Up 1

The leak in that post gets SAGE's design correct and the trailer shows her right next to a titan, which she probably is controlling, but I'd say both of those could be lucky guesses given we already knew SAGE was the villain and I never believed any of the "sexy ghost girl" conjecture anyway.

I will say though, it's staggering that so few of us ever actually connected that SAGE herself was the AI girl. That's something leakers did right even if they're made up.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

So I've fallen off the leak train and have no intention of reading through all of this, so someone please tell me, has the bit about other playable characters been corroborated via official sources confirming something else the same person said?

• The Ghost Girl's name being Sage
  • Sage's role in the story of attempting to deceive sonic
  • Sage controlling a titan to fight Sonic with
  • The cyberspace levels taking place within a void of empty space

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, 8ther said:

You seem not to have read my question very closely.  It was potentially a “yes or no” question.

6 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

You seem not to have read my question very closely.  It was potentially a “yes or no” question.

It wasn't a question with a "yes or no" answer, though. Does this alleged-leak say things that turned out to be true? Yes. We didn't know what SAGE looked like, nor that she was innately related to Sonic's AI, nor that she could control the titans. But are all of those things proof that this alleged-leak is legitimate? Not really. There was a lot of speculation on what the AI would look like, whether it was the pink hair lady, and some leaks claimed it was a very sexualized character, which is why the post specifies that she isn't. When we already knew SAGE was antagonistic, the idea of it controlling the bosses isn't a huge leap, and when we hear the idea of an ethereal cyberspace world, abstract spaces obviously come to mind. This could be the product of a good educated guess. So how do you answer "yes" or "no" as to whether it's been corroborated by official material?

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, 8ther said:

SAGE was leaked way back when Frontiers was first teased in 2021 and mistakenly revealed as Sonic Rangers in some media.

The titans were in the original pre-2021 tease leak.

There's nothing in this leak that is confirmed that wasn't directly from existing confirmed leaks or easy assumptions to make based on them. 

This person first said the ghost girl isn't an important character and then in their most recent leak identifies them as SAGE who clearly is important. They don't have their fake story straight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone here remember which leak it was that says Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Shadow are playable in this game?

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/28/2022 at 3:29 PM, PublicEnemy1 said:

If we legitimately getting chao garden I'll "yosh" and "hey there" and "everything will be ok"

• Thumbs Up 3

That leak ain't real. Seriously, it says there's a Spin Dash and rolling in the game, with no mention of a boost. Please read.

• Thumbs Up 3

leak.thumb.png.0dde0b1103dc8b13ae71249692acc857.png

It does mention boost gameplay, please read.

Heh, sorry if that was rude, couldn't resist.
Besides, I find it amusing when people act how obvious real and false information is when we're still in the, well for lack of better term, Fog of war of things.
And I'll say one thing: So far the leaks have done a better job informing me what the game's about then the official PR.

And yeah, the leak mentioned that the game isn't Adventure or Boost before the line about boosting gameplay.
I assume the leaker means that in a general "The overworld gameplay doesn't resemble a Boost style game" way, not litteraly there's no boost. Same as the overworld does contain "Adventuring" despite not resembling a Sonic Adventure game.

But yeah, jury's still out on rolling or spindashing. Maybe they used to be in, but where removed? Maybe they're in, but the footage we saw didn't show it? Maybe these abilities are unlocked later?
Or maybe the leak is indeed false nonsense and it's all lies. Who knows. Can still go either way.

• Thumbs Up 3

The one thing I'm still thinking about with regards to the spin dash is, weirdly, the button layout. This game uses R to boost (or just..dash? is it called dash now?), the same way Lost World used it as a run button. One of the only buttons I don't think has been assigned at all that we know of is the left trigger, which was used to spindash in Lost World. We know that B is for stomping and sliding (which yes, means this game is guaranteed to technically have some slope physics😜, since even Forces had that), but Forces also encouraged you to use the B button to crouch, roll and spindash as Classic Sonic.

As backwards as it may seem, maybe the fact that the boost relies on a regenerating stamina bar is reason enough to make the spindash a later unlock, since it probably wouldn't?

Yeah, it's a stretch and probably not true, but hey, that's the fun of baseless speculation via hopeful piggybacking off of what is probably misinformation.

• Thumbs Up 1