Awoo.

Sonic Origins | MT | General Discussion

Ryannumber1gamer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

PSA: This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Origins.

Any new information or announcements surrounding this game (new patches, substantial comments from developers etc) need to be made in a new, separate topic.

They did mention more news would follow leading up to its street date, but they have also said they don't want to spoil everything either which is fair enough. We have six weeks remaining so perhaps news in another two weeks when there's a month until release?

I'm just curious about the music for Sonic 3 at this point more than anything else. Even the general audience that aren't hard-core fans (provided they aren't new to these titles) would realize something is not right with the music if it wasn't the original tracks, so I'm wondering if it will be mentioned at all prior to release.

• Thumbs Up 2

Regardless of the "Knuckles in CD" thing, I could see Hardlight making Genshin Impact-esque Sonic game after those announcements for the upcoming Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio games.

I wonder with Headcannon doing the work on Sonic 3K if it will end up with a new end scene, perhaps linking it to Mania? Like how they added that new ending to Sonic 2 with the Death Egg crashing onto Angel Island and Knuckles in the bushes. Would be a good way to advertise Mania to the people that may not have brought it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Tenko said:

I wonder with Headcannon doing the work on Sonic 3K if it will end up with a new end scene, perhaps linking it to Mania? Like how they added that new ending to Sonic 2 with the Death Egg crashing onto Angel Island and Knuckles in the bushes. Would be a good way to advertise Mania to the people that may not have brought it. 

Doesn't the ending of Sonic 3&K already does that? It's Sonic and Tails flying the Tornado, just... away from the Angel Island this time. They could add a scene of Eggman finding the Phantom Ruby tho'

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/10/2022 at 8:16 PM, Tenko said:

They did mention more news would follow leading up to its street date, but they have also said they don't want to spoil everything either which is fair enough. We have six weeks remaining so perhaps news in another two weeks when there's a month until release?

Unless they have never before seen promotional things or concept art, I'm not really expecting anything else "spoiler" wise.

• Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, Jango said:

Doesn't the ending of Sonic 3&K already does that? It's Sonic and Tails flying the Tornado, just... away from the Angel Island this time. They could add a scene of Eggman finding the Phantom Ruby tho'

Then they have to turn around and fly right back after the credits haha.

I wonder if these new cutscenes will actually build on Christian Whiteheads previous ideas for Mania. He sounded like he wanted to build a more cohesive world for the older titles. It didn't really seem to get realized in Mania the way he talked about it. Perhaps this story mode will finally achieve that. Combined with the 3D islands showcasing that each game is in a different location.

I would love to see them finally do a game with Christmas Island. Something similar to what Sonic Overture was doing. Show how it all started. Might help stop all the "Sonic was born in Green Hills", "Sonic lives in Green Hills" stuff too.

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Or Chaos if they want to officially purge Sonic 4 from canon and put Mania in its own world.

2 hours ago, Tenko said:

Then they have to turn around and fly right back after the credits haha.

I think the implication of Classic Sonic going straight from Sonic 3 & Knuckles to Mania to Forces to Mania Adventures with no breaks in-between is kind of funny.

Sonic still has other adventures between S3&K and Mania, like Triple Trouble and 3D Blast.

We know Triple Trouble is canon because Fang appears in Mania, so I think that's a good reason to accept stuff other than the mainline Sonic Team titles.

• Thumbs Up 4

Probably, however it's not far-fetched to say that this could be their first canon appearance. Sonic Team retconned the Chaotix into modern characters saying that Heroes is their official introduction, after all.  We can easily say that's dumb/lame and ignore it, (everything is canon) but it's a possibility worth considering.

46 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I think the implication of Classic Sonic going straight from Sonic 3 & Knuckles to Mania to Forces to Mania Adventures with no breaks in-between is kind of funny.

Generations probably fits in there somewhere, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's one thing I was concerned about, with cutscenes linking all games together, I get the feeling the rapid pace of the cartoons will create the implication Sonic 1, Cd, 2, 3 and Knuckles will all happen right after another. Heh, then add Mania, Generations, Forces and Mania plus and several Game Gear and Saturn games in there too, and Sonic has quite a busy first week at his job as hero.

Of course the best part of imagining all these games taking place in one unbroken parade after another is imagining poor Eggman hammering out thousands and thousands of badniks, tanks and space ships inbetween every beating.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 2

Sonic's world just has an insanely fast timeline. Every game ever just happens back to back :P 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Jango said:

To add even more salt in the wound, there's also Sonic 4 to consider :P

Jokes on you, I like Sonic 4 😛

2 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

That's one thing I was concerned about, with cutscenes linking all games together, I get the feeling the rapid pace of the cartoons will create the implication Sonic 1, Cd, 2, 3 and Knuckles will all happen right after another. Heh, then add Mania, Generations, Forces and Mania plus and several Game Gear and Saturn games in there too, and Sonic has quite a busy first week at his job as hero.

Well, Sonic is officially 15 since Sonic 1 right? 1 week for all this would be more than fitting.

2 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Of course the best part of imagining all these games taking place in one unbroken parade after another is imagining poor Eggman hammering out thousands and thousands of badniks, tanks and space ships inbetween every beating.

And that's fitting for Eggman too, time after time trying again right after a defeat.

Shit, if Eggman has that many resources and everything happens in less than a year, then maybe he will win eventually.. oh wait, he did

• Thumbs Up 3

The Japanese manuals have no time frame between Sonic and Sonic 2, but it mentions Eggman has been following Sonic since his defeat, so it can't have been that long you would think.

The image of Eggman going on all these adventures with Sonic but staying just out of sight until they find Westside Island is just comical. Would love a Mania Adventures style episode about that!

Sonic 3 is a couple days following the Death Egg's crash into Angel Island after the events of Sonic 2. Sonic & Knuckles immediately following for obvious reasons.

Sonic & Eggman really did have a rough week or so. No wonder he went bankrupt and started using old units in Sonic 4 😂

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

On 5/10/2022 at 12:07 PM, Indigo Rush said:

Because the trailer indicated that Sonic, Tails and Knuckles were playable in the collection.

I mean, seriously, it's not an unreasonable expectation by any means. I don't know why anyone would think he wouldn't be if it weren't for the Famitsu article.

Also, I don't buy the "he would break the level design" argument one bit. CD wasn't designed for Tails' flight ability, but they made it work. The most likely reason Knux isn't playable is because they didn't feel it worth the effort to hire a sprite artist or playtest his glide and climb abilities. It's a garbage reason to not do it, but it's the most credible one.

Late to the party, but exactly this. Myself and I’m sure many others just assumed Knuckles would be playable in all the games since they just stated all 3 characters are playable in the collection. 

Knuckles in Sonic CD would’ve made me way more inclined to get this game. He’s my favorite to play as and his abilities are perfect for CD’s level layouts. I was so let down when they didn’t add him to the game back in 2011, and I’m even more disappointed now.

What a damn shame.

• Thumbs Up 1

They are talking about the story mode over on Retro, I didn't really catch it myself when it was announced, but according to the official site and some news posts it's Sonic only. Which I guess makes sense since they wouldn't want to have separate animations for each character, may have been too costly for Sega to greenlight, but at the same time wouldn't that have been seriously awesome.

I guess we don't get to see Super Mecha Sonic in animated form since he's a Knuckles exclusive boss 😕 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Tenko said:

They are talking about the story mode over on Retro, I didn't really catch it myself when it was announced, but according to the official site and some news posts it's Sonic only. Which I guess makes sense since they wouldn't want to have separate animations for each character, may have been too costly for Sega to greenlight, but at the same time wouldn't that have been seriously awesome.

I guess we don't get to see Super Mecha Sonic in animated form since he's a Knuckles exclusive boss 😕 

...that wasn't obvious? I mean, it 100% would've been cool to have other characters' stories, but it makes the most logical sense for it to be only Sonic's story, as the story isn't really complete with only Tails or only Knuckles. That said, it is a bit disappointing.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I wish to know; considering that Sonic CD, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2's re-releases were on mobile devices, I was thinking: Why isn't Sonic Origins going to be on mobile devices?

Maybe four games is too much for a mobile phone, maybe?

Either way, I am just curious to know.

5 minutes ago, CrystalMaelStorm said:

So, I wish to know; considering that Sonic CD, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2's re-releases were on mobile devices, I was thinking: Why isn't Sonic Origins going to be on mobile devices?

Maybe four games is too much for a mobile phone, maybe?

Either way, I am just curious to know.

Sega wants to charge $40 for Origins. No one pays $40 upfront for a mobile game. Sega would either have to charge less for the mobile version - making the console/PC releases look like a ripoff, or charge less for the console/PC releases.

• Thumbs Up 4