Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

One more day til we find out what continent sega gave us.

Now taking bets...

Adabat

shamar

Apotos

Empire city

Eggmanland

Or will it be something totally unexpected?

For now I'm saying Shamar!

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

Man, after all these Adventure Packs are done, something unexpected would be amazing...

Super Sonic levels? A level + boss combo that lets us play a stage like the opening scene? Character skins? A classic level remake? An addition of an Angel Island continent? Okay, I'm just making far-fetched hopeful thinking...but...

Seriously? What might be next when the packs are done?

If we get Super Sonic in any form, instead of rather putting Super Sonic IN levels that already exist, I think it'd be much better if we could have Super Sonic specific levels for each continent.

You have the model, the actions and everything, you have all the continent bits and pieces that are necessary, it's just as simple as making a new Sonic/Werehog level isn't it?

Super Sonic in existing levels could work. A lot of people including myself have mastered the Sonic stages, so doing them at twice the speed could be quite a challenge.

Edited by Dr. SEGA Monkey

I always thought an in-level Super Sonic would just be regular Sonic with permanent, automated boost. Hell, both of Super Sonic's best known traits (invulnerability and ludicrous speed) are stolen by the Boost move, so SS might as well kick that into overdrive if he ever gets a straight-to-level conversion.

It'd be interesting to see if they could implement flight without breaking the levels, though.

Hybrid land/air Super Sonic specific missions would be pretty cool...

Example, trick ramps send you into flight mode, and then you're forced into red hoops that put you back on ground sections...

Still, Super Sonic in regular levels....maybe have a limit on how long you could fly at a time, or the boost meter could be turned into a flight meter, which holds your position wherever you air boost...that could work, actually....

And if you fall in a pit, Super Sonic should automatically fly out.

Yeah. God forbid you lose a life.

>_>

No Sonic Unleashed content for the Japanese Playstation Store this week, which is odd considering they normally get it every fortnight same as the U.S./EU Xbox 360 users get it -

http://www.nextgamer.nl/index.php?pagina=n...zen&id=2289

Unless it comes under that odd listing of 'Plus a bunch of paid content' but that site normally lists Sonic Unleashed content that appears. I guess we'll find out if we're getting any later this morning when the Xbox Live Marketplace updates and hopefully U.S./EU PS3 users will get some later today too.

Doesn't seem to be anything today. =( Why must they tease us with complete lack of information about release dates for DLC? ;_; This has been the highlight of my fortnight since it started coming.

Doesn't seem to be anything today. =( Why must they tease us with complete lack of information about release dates for DLC? ;_; This has been the highlight of my fortnight since it started coming.

I'll give it until 11am but since the Japanese Playstation Store didn't seem to get anything I didn't think we'd get anything on the U.S./EU Xbox Live Marketplace. Hopefully this means they'll be at least sorting out the EU Playstation Store to catch up to everyone else.

The DLC stuff takes more than a fortnight to make even if working non stop, so my guess is that had some of the older ones partially done before release (most notably on the Chun-nan ones I suppose).

The DLC stuff takes more than a fortnight to make even if working non stop, so my guess is that had some of the older ones partially done before release (most notably on the Chun-nan ones I suppose).

Pictures of the DLC levels were used in the Sound Test, including ones for countries that haven't been released yet. So at least those must have been made beforehand.

Or at least partly made in any case.

But by jove! Maybe I'll be right after all, just hope I didn't jinx it. Aaah fuck guys, it's all my fault ;____;

Pictures of the DLC levels were used in the Sound Test, including ones for countries that haven't been released yet. So at least those must have been made beforehand.

You forget all the other stuff that goes with it, enemy path creation, event scripting, actual level base construction (creating the environment is one thing, you then have to apply the limits to it) and then after all that you've still got testing, QA and all that. If something goes wrong there well... back to the drawing board to see what went wrong.

Patience is a virtue guys, and if there is no more, meh.

Patience is a virtue guys, and if there is no more, meh.

AAUK said the "beta" areas were on the way, so I think we can still expect those at least.

But by jove! Maybe I'll be right after all, just hope I didn't jinx it. Aaah fuck guys, it's all my fault ;____;

Don’t say stuff like that. I assure you that nobody thinks it’s your fault

*hides pitchfork*

Anyway, as some of you have said, I would imagine it difficult to maintain such a pace of the DLC releases. If they take a week off, it wouldn’t be the end of the world and it could get everyone caught up and on the same page.

Either that, or the next update is one of Epic proportions.

Holoska Pack is out on European PS-Store

Edited by Michael Myers

Or you guys know what? Since there was a delay one time by a week they are delaying till next week so they can get back on the normal schedule. Just a thought.

Or you guys know what? Since there was a delay one time by a week they are delaying till next week so they can get back on the normal schedule. Just a thought.

Hmp! I have been thinking that myself, ya know. B)

Ehhh hopefully we will get something interesting this week. No DLC last week was a drag and I was looking forward to what sega's next DLC would be.

Wouldn't mind a break actually... the less I have to distract me from exams the better.... Although I have to admit I can't wait to see what kind of "non-stage" dlc there may be eventually.

Why do Nintendo always release Pokemon games in exam season in Europe? It's a really... really bad idea. >.<

Why do Nintendo always release Pokemon games in exam season in Europe? It's a really... really bad idea. >.<

lol that's gotta suck.

What are the odds we see some DLC from continents that weren't in the game anyway. I personally wouldn't put it at more than 10%.....

I'd put the odds at around 1%, if not less than that. I don't think it's very likely that they take the time to think up another new level design and create that level. Most likely they're going to be using that creativity to think up level ideas for the next game.

So that people will start failing/dropping out, which will give them time to play even more Pokemon. XD

Edited by OvErLoRd