Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

I'm pretty convinced Microsoft has payed SEGA America for exclusive content now. It's not a coincidence that US isn't getting Outrun Online Arcade on PSN and now the US won't even get a Patch for Sonic Unleashed on PSN.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

Go micro! Finally doing something great for the sonic/sega fans! Now only if we can get a JSR/JGR game in HD.

Go micro! Finally doing something great for the sonic/sega fans! Now only if we can get a JSR/JGR game in HD.

I think that is SEGA who decides if JSR will be released. And if i know them right, and HD version is not to talk about. Maby a port though...but nah. Dreamcast is where to play it!

To bad my dreamcast felt the wrath of being sold. :( I miss that game along wit power stone 1 & 2.

And hell even a port (xboxlive arcade please) would be great!

Wow. Using that figure of 1GB x 1 million downloads example in the article, I can see why Sonic Team might not be wanting to put DLC on the PS3. Each adventure pack so far has been 500mb (or was it 50mb? Can't remember actually lol).

Edited by JezMM

They're both more than 500mb. I figured it was a steep price when I read the TSSZ article a few days ago. Ah well, hooray for 360!

did you guys forget the content is up on Japanese PSN, it's nothing to do with the bandwidth prices.
Maybe SoJ can afford it but maybe SoA can't and they have less money. That could always be a possibility.

SoA gets their money from SoJ... so if anything it's SoJ once again not caring about anyone except the Japanese, they do it a lot with PSU and certaintly did it a lot with PSOBB.

did you guys forget the content is up on Japanese PSN, it's nothing to do with the bandwidth prices.

That is what I was thinking...it cannot be that surely. o.O

We'll have to ask AAUK if he could kindly find out when he's returned to work from his holiday time off why Europe and the U.S. PSN hasn't received the DLC.

I also don't think it's the bandwidth payment issue due to the Japanese PSN receiving the DLC, it's got to be some other problem/delay. The U.S. and Europe versions have just received the patch Xbox 360 users got before the DLC was released too so it's probably just a delay.

It's annoying there hasn't been any news for the darn DLC...and it could be another week without any new content...missing Chun-nan was bad enough, but now Spagonia? What's next? Shamar? Empire City? New continent? And we are all gonna miss this?! It's beginning to hurt Sony/SoA, hurry up with the damn DLC already! >.>

While I too am highly disgruntled, I’m not quite ready to grab the pitchfork and book a flight to Cali. Us PS3 owners had to wait a month for the game, so SoA will have that month to deliver the DLC.

But not a day more.

But don't you think waiting for an extra >month< for the full game was bad enough? Then we are getting DLC late, while I see PSN's Japan getting Chun-nan and Spagonia packs the same time the US 360 owners gets theirs...

I just hope when they finally >do< release the DLC, they have BOTH Chun-nan and Spagonia packs ready to download. =/

While I too am highly disgruntled, I’m not quite ready to grab the pitchfork and book a flight to Cali. Us PS3 owners had to wait a month for the game, so SoA will have that month to deliver the DLC.

But not a day more.

I find it hilarious that it's DLC that will make you want to form an angry mob on Sega. Not anything else.

Stingray has a point. Shouldn't we be forming a crazy angry mob about how to make a sonic game near perfect not release DLC for PSN? Oh well while you PSN users do that.. me and the xbox playas will be playing the NEXT DLC. :D

Shouldn't we be forming a crazy angry mob about how to make a sonic game near perfect not release DLC for PSN?

Alright, but we need to split up. If we mix the classic fans and the modern fans in a single mob, we'll end up killing each other first.

Edited by SuperStingray

:D stingray. Sadly this is very true... I'll take the modern group and you can have the classics. HERE WE GO!

I find it hilarious that it's DLC that will make you want to form an angry mob on Sega. Not anything else.

And how exactly do you know that DLC is the only problem that DogTagz has with Sega? This is the "New Sonic Unleashed stages released" topic, not the "Reasons why you want to form an angry mob and attack Sega" topic. DogTagz was simply being on-topic, no need to judge him and think that he doesn't have the right priorities.

It's nice to see that you think that the fustration we PS3 owners are experiencing is "hilarious" though. Misfortune is always funny when it happens to others, right?

But don't you think waiting for an extra >month< for the full game was bad enough? Then we are getting DLC late, while I see PSN's Japan getting Chun-nan and Spagonia packs the same time the US 360 owners gets theirs...

I just hope when they finally >do< release the DLC, they have BOTH Chun-nan and Spagonia packs ready to download. =/

Whatever the problem was that delayed the original PS3 release of the game could theoretically be wreaking havoc on the DLC. I’ll give them that benefit of the doubt and give Sonic Team as long a period to fix the problem.

Stevie J is right. It is totally a tipping point scenario for me.

Anyway, I find it funny that you are not passionate enough about sonic to be enraged to mob-hood at the slightest inconvenience. :P

Jokes aside, this is more of a matter of preventing the next multi-platform game from treading this same path (as the last two have).

And how exactly do you know that DLC is the only problem that DogTagz has with Sega? This is the "New Sonic Unleashed stages released" topic, not the "Reasons why you want to form an angry mob and attack Sega" topic. DogTagz was simply being on-topic, no need to judge him and think that he doesn't have the right priorities.

It's nice to see that you think that the fustration we PS3 owners are experiencing is "hilarious" though. Misfortune is always funny when it happens to others, right?

Geez, simmer down man. I'm not judging him or anyone nor did I mean it as an insult, I was just joking around.

Edited by SuperStingray

Whatever the problem was that delayed the original PS3 release of the game could theoretically be wreaking havoc on the DLC. I’ll give them that benefit of the doubt and give Sonic Team as long a period to fix the problem.

Wait...so still no one knows why Sega delayed the PS3 release? o.o

??? *shrugs*

I have no idea what caused the delay in the first place. I am sure that if enough of us continue to nag the right people about it, we are bound to get an answer.

(I heard AAUK is on vacation or something, so the answer might have to wait)

Edited by Sega DogTagz