Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

Really? I thought most Tfans prefer Animated and think BW went to scrap during the later seasons.

Animated is a good show actually, and I heard a lot of praise.

...But Animated is fairly new with Beast Wars being a true classic.

Meh it was mediocre at best, the Transformers should have never took on animal forms imo.

Animated is a good show actually, and I heard a lot of praise.

...But Animated is fairly new with Beast Wars being a true classic.

Funny thing about Animated is that when it came out everyone hated it for its artstyle. Now the main Tfanbase loves it and hates Prime(well on the forum I go on i.e TFW) while the rest of the internet thinks the opposite.

Funny thing about Animated is that when it came out everyone hated it for its artstyle. Now the main Tfanbase loves it and hates Prime(well on the forum I go on i.e TFW) while the rest of the internet thinks the opposite.

Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I may have even chipped in to the "WTF ARE THEY DOING" rants.

I haven't seen much of the show unfortunately. I wish it was on Netflix. :/

The whole series is on youtube actually. On a whim I wanted to watch it too see what all the fuss was about.

Meh it was mediocre at best, the Transformers should have never took on animal forms imo.

trukk_not_munky_by_dreamer45-d4qagli.jpg

Because I had too.

On a serious note, I never much was into the whole Transformers thing so I never saw it as weird...in fact my introduction to Transformers was Beast Wars, looking back its got a lot of nods an shit to G1 and a story to match.

Prime undoubtedly does CG better tho.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was looking at the older Transformers shows and the CGI is unbearable.

I'll stick to Prime. O.o

• 2 weeks later...

So, how 'bout them Beast Hunters toys? Specifically, Voyager Optimus Prime and Voyager Predaking

220534jaltik1g0fp73zwj_1358019331.jpg

220544cdy8hdgqd8zvfvcy_1358019331.jpg

220749z1g7uxcc2wf7ecsx_1358019478.jpg

Preda11_1358023065.jpg

Preda33_1358023173.jpg

PReda60_1358023263.jpg

Deffo want that Optimus, weird green and ugly face be damned.

Also, I didn't finish season 2 of TFP yet... but...

Doesn't Optimus Prime die? Could this upgrade actually be in the show?

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Bay states that Transformers 4 will be "Completely Redesigned"

“We’re going to start off smaller. There’s a brand new cast. To freshen the franchise, we’ve redesigned everything from top to bottom. The history of the first three movies is still there, we start four years later and there’s a reason why we’re meeting a new cast. Mark [Wahlberg] is really excited about it and it’s a great redesign. I said that 3 [which grossed $1.1 billion] was going to be my last one. Paramount was letting me do Pain & Gain and the Transformers ride was opening at Universal and it was bittersweet to think of passing it off. I wanted to set it up on a really sure footing and to bring someone else in on that, it would have been overwhelming.”

So I've been getting the Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise figures, these things aren't as bad as people are making them out to be... except Bumblebee, that thing looks hideous... which is to be expected by now I guess. Probably gonna get Hot Shot instead, that sound like a good idea? :U

So I've been getting the Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise figures, these things aren't as bad as people are making them out to be... except Bumblebee, that thing looks hideous... which is to be expected by now I guess. Probably gonna get Hot Shot instead, that sound like a good idea? :U

Hot Shot's the better option for that mold. It's easier to forgive its faults since Hot Shot isn't a show character, plus he actually has more display options than BB with his goggles. For Bumblebee, try to get the First Edition figure if you can.

PRiD is kind of a mixed bag. Some are excellent (ex: Wheeljack, Dreadwing, Vehicon), others are good (Ultra Magnus, Soundwave, Arcee), others are sort of "eh" (Bumblebee, Knock Out, Megatron), and then there's Airachnid in a league of her own. 

Edited by Junko Enoshima

I really can't understand how some of the proper toys in the first PRiD line are more hideous compared to the beautiful First Edition lines. I mean, why did they made most of the figures more ugly in the PRiD line compared to the First Edition toys? Eh whatever.

I managed to test out Kickback a few days ago. Man, this toy is awesome. Kickback was my favourite Insecticon in the game and the toy is just as awesome. <3

While I've found myself having to add more paint than usual (fucking clear plastic everywhere) I do like the actual molds so far, Wheeljack and Starscream are the shit yo. The only FE I'm gonna shell out for is Bulkhead since he's suffered the worst downgrade besides 'Bee. Speaking of which, the shelves are getting burnt to a fucking crisp by all these shelfwarmer Bumblebees, there's even leftovers from Dark of the Moon in some places >:[

• Thumbs Up 1

So.... You guys are in for a treat soon, Masterpiece Soundwave-13 is on the waaaaaaay

aaaaawwwww yeeeaaaaaa

• Thumbs Up 2

Toy Fair 2013 started today, and we got a FUCKTON of figure reveals. Too many reveals to post individually, so check out TFW. here are links that are likely exciting to some of you:

Transformers Prime- The hot new show on the block

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/beast-hunters-toy-fair-2013-deluxe-figures-official-images-176847/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/beast-hunters-ultimate-predaking-and-optimus-prime-official-images-176845/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/beast-hunters-cyberverse-toy-fair-2013-official-images-176846/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/beast-hunters-toy-fair-2013-voyager-class-official-images-176848/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/transformers-beast-hunters-from-toy-fair-2013-176841/

Transformers Generations- The updates of G1 Characters + IDW Comics + Fall of Cybertron

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/transformers-generations-toy-fair-2013-voyager-class-official-images-176852/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/transformers-generations-toy-fair-2013-deluxe-wave-official-images-176850/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/transformers-generations-toy-fair-2013-metroplex-official-images-176849/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/transformers-generations-toy-fair-2013-legends-official-images-176851/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/fall-of-cybertron-metroplex-announced-at-hasbro-toy-fair-event-176836/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/transformers-generations-from-toy-fair-2013-176840/

Personal favorite reveals are the following:

PRIME BEAST HUNTERS VOYAGER SHOCKWAVE

A1978-SHOCKWAVE-Robot-Mode-a_1360455680.

GENERATIONS TRIPLE CHANGER SPRINGER

A2562-SPRINGER-Robot-Mode_1360456623.jpg
GENERATIONS TRIPLE CHANGER BLITZWING (with optional Monacle Head, a la Animated)

A2563-BLITZWING-Robot-Mode_1360456623.jp

DELUXE TRAILBREAKER

A2375-TRAILCUTTER-Robot-Mode_1360456290.

DELUXE IDW MEGATRON

A2377-MEGATRON-Robot-Mode_1360456290.jpg
And finally METROPLEX, A 2 FUCKING FEET TALL CITYFORMER

A2411-Titan-Metroplex---Robot-Mode_13604

Also, MASTERPIECE SOUNDWAVE (+ CASSETTES) AND MASTERPIECE ACID STORM ANNOUNCED FOR US

• Thumbs Up 2

...we're gonna get a Shockwave and a Not-Prowl (Smokescreen) without all that junk, right? D: It's pretty interesting how GALVATRON Megatron doesn't seem to be getting a Beast Hunter upgrade so far. Also, it's funny how Ultra Magnus is back to being an Optimus Prime redeco again.

Those Generations figures lookin' hot! Blitzwing, Megatron and Orion Pax are must-buys for me, and I'm liking the look of the Targetmaster Legion figures.

How long do ya think it'll be before we get a Titan Class Bumblebee? tongue.png

Edited by Ratchet

The armor on Shockwave and Smokescreen will be removable. They had the sense to not permanently attach the fuck off dragon clusterfuck armor on characters who appeared on the show but didn't get a figure yet.

I just hope we get a Fortress Maximus Update one of these days. Dude needs to reclaim his spot as the biggest Transformer. 

Edited by SuperHighSchoolLevelAsshat

PRIME BEAST HUNTERS VOYAGER SHOCKWAVE

A1978-SHOCKWAVE-Robot-Mode-a_1360455680.

god damn that looks marvellous

Why do people dislike the Beast Hunters armour again? SURE, I ADMIT, some of them look /ridiculous/ but Shockwave's doesn't look that bad.

But seriously, in every Transformers website I browse, people always complain about the Beast Hunters armour.

Shockwave has the best armor thus far since it's removable and compliments the mech itself quite well. Everyone else is very much hit-or-miss. Wheeljack, for example, looks okay, but Ratchet looks like a half-assed dinobot cosplayer smeared in poo stains.

You also have to remember that the Transformers fandom makes Sonic fans look like mature and patient ladies and gentlemen. The only reveal this weekend that pleased most people across the board is Springer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

BHtoy_Voyager_Ultra_Magnus.jpg Retool or not, I'm really digging this shit. That armour has Wingblade Optimus Prime written all over it and I fucking love it.

All these new Transformers molds are just making my mouth drool.

I haven't been into the toys for a while ever since I got Optimus, Wheeljack and Soundwave from TFprime, they were great but holy crap they were so tiny and it just felt underwhelming especially as the price went up over here in the UK.

But damn seeing all the molds coming out, Orion Pax, Beast Hunter Optimus Voyagers looking oh so super and the GIGANTIC METROPLEX are making me want to throw all the money I can at hasbro!

Good that we finally got a good look at Predaking. Makes me wonder if the Predacons are all going to be mindless beasties, though. It would be disappointing if that were the case.

Retool or not, I'm really digging this shit. That armour has Wingblade Optimus Prime written all over it and I fucking love it.

You're honestly the first person I've seen with that Opinion. The Ultra Magnus figure that's it's own original mold is great and differentiates itself from the zillions of other Optimus Repainted Magnus's. Plus, Beast Hunters Optimus has the whole Wingblade thing covered already. I fail to see the point in making a Magnus out of that mold now.

Also, just noticed that it seems to be based off the Japanese Arms Micron figure, rather than the American version, since it has a few extra weapon ports.