Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

He didn't give a single fuck either. Shockwave is slowly becoming one if my favorite cons along with Soundwave.

I'm starting to realize just how much I like every main Decepticon except Megatron as the series goes on. They're all just... so much more interesting, in this continuity at least. They've kind of ignored the typical "manipulator" persona for him in favor of making him more flat-out evil... which is kinda dull to me.

I'm starting to catch up again. I'm on the second episode of Season 3. I'm close to being able to join in with the discussion. :D

I'm starting to realize just how much I like every main Decepticon except Megatron as the series goes on. They're all just... so much more interesting, in this continuity at least. They've kind of ignored the typical "manipulator" persona for him in favor of making him more flat-out evil... which is kinda dull to me.

Yeah, I agree. He does feel a bit dull.

Double post, I'm sorry.

Is it true that Optimus is going to die in Episode 5? I don't know but that's what I hear. I haven't clicked any of the spoilers so sorry if you will be repeating yourself when replying to this.

Is it true that Optimus is going to die in Episode 5?

No.

He already died. But then was restored a few seconds later. Would be pointless and a waste of money on the new model.

Where'd ya hear this? :I

Finally got to watch the latest episode of Prime.

I figured that the status quo would be back to a semi-normal state soon enough, but it's still a tad disappointing to me that things weren't left this dire for a good amount of time. I wonder how long Predaking/Predacons will be out of the picture (and hopefully Wheeljack will stay with the Team a bit longer than usual).

And I gotta say that what peeves me the most with this episode is toy-related lol

I'm so disappointed with the

Beast Hunters Optimus Prime Voyager figure. It's cool and is something I'd call a must buy, but seeing the design in action left me disappointed that the figures don't have the pizaz of this Galaxy Convoy-inspired mech. It's not the little differences from the model that bug me (aside from the head that makes it look like he's taking a Prime shit), it's the pathetic weapons compared to what this episode showed. Hell, the expensive and huge Prime coming out this year isn't close in terms of armaments. I'm begging a third party company to make a new head and that AMAZING GATTLING GUN.

At least Dr. Wu's going to be churning out some new, show-accurate Star Saber figures (this color, this color, this, and a porple one).

In terms of other TF/neckbeard-related shit, I just got an Energon Starscream. This guy is pretty cool, especially for the Energon-era. The posability is acceptably, sculpting is tight... and that sword and gun that can combine are just INCREDIBLE (I actually got a second set of just weapons off of ebay, aha). I'm gonna eventually customize this guy into a Classics-esque Hooligan.

I've also got a Cybertron Evac coming in. It's missing some parts, but that's fine. I plan on turning him into my own Classics Galvatron (since the one we got is kinda crud). I'm taking inspiration from Shattered Glass Galvatron, but I'm going to modify the base figure more heavily to make it sinister.

o, also:

tumblr_ml0babtBwX1r9y8hpo2_1280.jpg

Imported Arms Micron Frenzy and Rumble for a very cheap price. I also swapped the stickers with their names. Rumble will Always be blue & Frenzy will be red, in my eyes.

But WOW, this mold is amazing! Such a shame that the American Rumble is so hard to find in stores. If you're even slightly into Transformers figures, you neeeeeed to get a version of this mold. Order it online if you need to. It's possibly my favorite Deluxe mold in the line.

(jfc this stupid post has a lot of links. Sry.)

Wait, RID Rumble is rare? Fuck, they got a ton of the guy in the stores where I live (admittedly buried behind Bumblebee, Stealth Bumblebee, Hot Shot Bumblebee and... Kup for some reason)...

Yeah, the fact that Optimus Prime 2.0 looks next-to-nothing like the toys and the Autobot cast are now packing awesome weapons that aren't the BH ones at all both kinda suck. But this episode gets bonus points for every Decepticon surviving despite this being the time where they

usually drop like flies. It's just a shame that Dreadwing never got to see the guy he's so viciously loyal to having an intense winning streak. Also I love how TFP introduced all these slim and slender designs only for 'Roidimus Prime to walk in all G1 and square.

Also is it just me or are a few of the Cyberverse Commanders better than the RID Voyagers of the characters they try to represent? >=P Megatron, Bulkhead and Dreadwing are done a lot more justice in this line for some reason...

Edited by King Starscream
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yea, Rumblebee is quite hard to find (at least in Eagleland). Snatch it if you haven't. Heck, I'd consider asking you to middle man one (and maybe Stealth Bumblebee since I sortakinda want it. lol season 3) if shipping between US and Canada wasn't so high. V:

I don't collect Cyberverse figures, but I agree with the notion that the Megatron voyager is horrendously outclassed by the smaller one. Don't ask me why I own two different versions of that mold.

I like all of them honestly. Megs is very much a threat and has some bit of backstory, Starscream goes through a whole arc, Knock Out is hilarious, Shockwave is amazing, and Soundwave is gold.

• Thumbs Up 1

Episode 5 Description:

The Decepticons launch a new scheme to clone an army of beasts.

Well this is interesting. Maybe this is when Predaking will take his name.

I really sincerely hope that the actual Predacons appear instead of just clones of Predaking. I hope Waspinator or Inferno appear

:D but I'll be satisfied with Grimwing or one of the toy characters...

I'm assuming this is when Predaking will return and betray the Decepticons, as seen in the teaser trailer. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a few casualties in this one, hopefully not on the Decepticons side for once but hey...

Man, Beast Hunters is gonna bring on a lot of spoiler-only posts, huh? :P

This delay is going to be a pain. I actually forgot about it until I turned on the TV last evening asdguycvgbhvb

I'm really excited to see where the show will go from here, especially if Predaking gets his faction going going early on. I wonder if/how they'll change him from a mindless beast to a leader as smart and competent as Optimus and Megatron.

One thing I think is certain is that the body count is going to pile up. All I can say is that I hope the writers took the series's criticisms to heart and that they had better put care into how/when they off characters. Man, I'm going to be utterly pissed if Knock-Out dies early on and/or with as little care respect as Breakdown and Dreadwing's deaths. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Since Starscream has literally died (sometimes more than once) in every single continuity he's appeared in, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets offed at some point. I'd say Knockout is probably a likely candidate for a shitty death too just for not being one of the main four Decepticons who have been in EVERYTHING.

When the hell are they gonna release BH in the UK? >:[ I need that Shockwave in me!

Edited by King Starscream
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm really excited to see where the show will go from here, especially if Predaking gets his faction going going early on. I wonder if/how they'll change him from a mindless beast to a leader as smart and competent as Optimus and Megatron.

One thing I think is certain is that the body count is going to pile up. All I can say is that I hope the writers took the series's criticisms to heart and that they had better put care into how/when they off characters. Man, I'm going to be utterly pissed if Knock-Out dies early on and/or with as little care respect as Breakdown and Dreadwing's deaths.

Eh I actually thought that Dw's death was handled pretty well. At least it had some build-up unlike Breakdown's.

This delay is going to be a pain. I actually forgot about it until I turned on the TV last evening asdguycvgbhvb

I'm really excited to see where the show will go from here, especially if Predaking gets his faction going going early on. I wonder if/how they'll change him from a mindless beast to a leader as smart and competent as Optimus and Megatron.

One thing I think is certain is that the body count is going to pile up. All I can say is that I hope the writers took the series's criticisms to heart and that they had better put care into how/when they off characters. Man, I'm going to be utterly pissed if Knock-Out dies early on and/or with as little care respect as Breakdown and Dreadwing's deaths.

Well look on the bright side, at least the hiatus is only a month long.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since Starscream has literally died (sometimes more than once) in every single continuity he's appeared in, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets offed at some point. I'd say Knockout is probably a likely candidate for a shitty death too just for not being one of the main four Decepticons who have been in EVERYTHING.

I have a feeling this guy will last. When they do, Starscreams tend to die very late in the game (or have a presence after they die, a la G1's Ghost Screamy).

But yeah. I can't see most of the more iconic characters with legacies being iced unless it's close to the finale, honestly. ESPECIALLY not Optimus or Bumblebee. 

Eh I actually thought that Dw's death was handled pretty well. At least it had some build-up unlike Breakdown's.

While better than Breakdown's, it was still a terribly underwhelming death that didn't respect the character at all. Even though there was some buildup, it was still horribly rushed. He questions the Decepticon cause for the first time, gives the Autobots the forge, and he's dead the next second. They could have done a bit more with his loss of loyalty, but it was like the writers just had to get him out of the show.

For the most honorable warrior in the ranks... getting shot in the back and then disposed of like trash was a rather unfitting death. They just totally removed him from the show and any mention of him will be unlikely.That's the biggest problem.

Personally, I think i would have been ideal for, say, Megatron to have Starscream and Dreadwing battle to decide who would be more worthy, with Starscreem using his wit to outsmart Dreadwing. I guess there were time/budget restraints. Even taking that into consideration, Dreadwing deserved more with his end. His demise left little weight on the show, and that's what it all comes down to.

Edited by shimapun
  • Thumbs Up 3

I watched Rebellion. The reason I didn't get to it sooner was because I saw the first half but then the video player kept on messing up on me so I couldn't watch the second half.

It was a good episode, I enjoy every episode of Prime and I think Ultra Magnus was cooler in this episode, he was more easy going and I liked that about him.

Also, picked up this...

sam_1290_by_crashthehedgehog100-d62gqu4.

I only paid £1!

Also, I had no idea there was a full version of the Prime theme song.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a feeling this guy will last. When they do, Starscreams tend to die very late in the game (or have a presence after they die, a la G1's Ghost Screamy).

But yeah. I can't see most of the more iconic characters with legacies being iced unless it's close to the finale, honestly. ESPECIALLY not Optimus or Bumblebee. 

While better than Breakdown's, it was still a terribly underwhelming death that didn't respect the character at all. Even though there was some buildup, it was still horribly rushed. He questions the Decepticon cause for the first time, gives the Autobots the forge, and he's dead the next second. They could have done a bit more with his loss of loyalty, but it was like the writers just had to get him out of the show.

For the most honorable warrior in the ranks... getting shot in the back and then disposed of like trash was a rather unfitting death. They just totally removed him from the show and any mention of him will be unlikely.That's the biggest problem.

Personally, I think i would have been ideal for, say, Megatron to have Starscream and Dreadwing battle to decide who would be more worthy, with Starscreem using his wit to outsmart Dreadwing. I guess there were time/budget restraints. Even taking that into consideration, Dreadwing deserved more with his end. His demise left little weight on the show, and that's what it all comes down to.

To be fair there were rumors that DW's voice actor only had a limited number of lines to say, which was why Dreadwing didn't have much dialogue.

I do agree that his death was rushed, but honestly I'm not as annoyed as other people considering that TPrime has a tendency to rush plots i.e Orion Pax.

Hey I'm curious, do any of you happen to read the ongoing comics from IDW? I just read the latest issue of More than Meets the Eye and I'm bawling, seriously amazinnng issue.

Thing is it's also resparked the collector in me, as I now attempt to collect toys of  the IDW version of the wreckers and the Lost light crew. It's left me diving into the world of third party figures and HOLY CRAP they are amazing!

Hey I'm curious, do any of you happen to read the ongoing comics from IDW? I just read the latest issue of More than Meets the Eye and I'm bawling, seriously amazinnng issue.

Thing is it's also resparked the collector in me, as I now attempt to collect toys of  the IDW version of the wreckers and the Lost light crew. It's left me diving into the world of third party figures and HOLY CRAP they are amazing!

I have actually just started to, so, if you have any recommendations then let me know! I really like the comics, I like the way that they take risks with the series.

Both the current ongoing comics, Robots in Disguise and More than Meets the Eye are pretty damn good. If you can I suggest picking up the trades, they're both pretty much set after the well known Great War so we get a lot of focus on the bots in non military situations. Especially in MTMTE which is just so much fun to read and does a great job of developing the universe. As for previous stuff, I highly recommend LAST STAND OF THE WRECKERS it's absolute perfection and made me want to collect all the wreckers in toy form. Also some of the TF spotlights are pretty good, they all focus on a different character per issue and are usually well written, take for example the recent SPOTLIGHT TRAILCUTTER which brings great characterisation to a background character in MTMTE.

• Thumbs Up 3