Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

Sorry about not having that story mode footage uploaded Collide-It-Chaos, I had one ready but it takes a bit too long and I still have that 15 mins. limit on youtube. Ill re-capture/film it and will go straight to the point (I tried breaking stuff to get the cybertrionian pieces wich made me sidetrack a bit) But I did post two more multiplayer footage with Soundwave and Megatron, so Ill leave em here in case you want to see em ;)

When I was drawing G1 Optimus Prime as a werehog, I watched my brothers DVDs of the original series to re-familiarize myself with it. As I was so young when it was first aired, I only remember bits of it.

A couple of surprising things you learn right of the bat. Spoilers alert!

Like when they crashed onto earth. I first thought they all slept for millions of years, but no. Everyone was dead! Limbs were everywhere!!

g13i.png

Some construction nearby shook the wreckage and activated a devise that would rebuild and reanimate the Transformers, but because of where the bodies were, only the Decepticons revived. It was thanks to Starscream that the Autobots were revived. (Although unintentionally) lol

g12b.png

Something most bizarre is that everybody can fly. It makes the plane Transformers alternate form pointless. In fact, you see Starcream (plane form) flying with Soundwave and Rumble in the first episode. lol

g14.png

Most shocking of all is that Transformers can float and swim!! (in water)

20817242.png

Despite all that, still adore the series. *shrug*

I also failed to notice a certain easter egg in Fall of Cybertron until I watched the first Transformers episode after all these years.

FoC does a lot of homages and references to G1. Shockwave and Starscream look almost the same in the game, compared to their G1 appearance.

The keen observer may have noticed that Soundwave makes a brief appearance in Chapter 3 of FoC.

That's a direct reference to how Soundwave spied on the Autobots on Episode 1 of G1 here.

g1soundwave.png

He's the left one.

Edited by Leviathan
  • Thumbs Up 3

So I just booted up War for Cybertron.

Good to see Megatron is still a twatbag. I guess the tank thing is more sensible than a floating gun.

Kinda a lonely game one one's own though. The seemingly invulnerable AI don't help that feeling either. Can the partners actually die?

Edited by Andrew Albacia

Anyone who hates on the G1 cartoon is a communist. That show's hilarious yet badass.

Also, finally managed to finish Prime season 1, which somewhat justifies my shelf full of TFP toys. What an awesome show with memorable characters! Can't wait to start season 2.

Guess I'd better transform and hightail it to China then.

So I just booted up War for Cybertron.

Good to see Megatron is still a twatbag. I guess the tank thing is more sensible than a floating gun.

Kinda a lonely game one one's own though. The seemingly invulnerable AI don't help that feeling either. Can the partners actually die?

The AI are invincible for some reason.

"You stay here at your desk, Football coach channeling Officer Dibble!"

"I NEED MORE STRATEGY!" needs to be a thing.

Just to clarify some things...

G1...

Only the Decepticons can fly, if you read TF origin's before Optimus became well... Optimus Prime he was a lowly worker and not a war ready leader, he had a girlfriend and everything and was good friend's with Megatron, the only reason Megatron decided he could lead his race was because of his experience in the Arena and having strong leader capabilities, when the council chose Zeta as the next Prime, Megatron was bitter and decided to renegade against those who opposed him, so the robots capable of flight became the Decepticons, whilst those who couldn't fly became Autobots, so in G1 they pretty much get away all the time because the Autobots can never keep up with those capable of flight, not even the specially made flight transformers can keep up with the Decepticons, so the Autobots have always been at a loss anyway.

It varies from each origin but this is perhaps the most logical explanation for G1.

• Thumbs Up 3

Seriously, you can't not like this.

I'll admit that's funny, but when the show tried to be serious it became humorous for the wrong reasons.

You can't hate G1. It has always left it's mark and forever will be the measuring staple of all those that come after it. If you are a fan of Transformers, but not of G1, then your not a Transformers fan. You're a faker!

I just watched another clip that was linked to the video Gunthr shared. More hilarious G1 awesomeness. Starscream was tricked and he and Megatron were being washed away in the sewers. (yuck.) He was trying to explain himself while being strangled by Megatron. They get out of the water and then this...

Megatron: "You're either lying, or stupid."

Starscream: "I'm stupiiiid!!"

You can't hate G1. It has always left it's mark and forever will be the measuring staple of all those that come after it. If you are a fan of Transformers, but not of G1, then your not a Transformers fan. You're a faker!

I'm not denying its influence, but I still think it's overrated and Animated and Prime are leagues better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well guess I'm a faker D:

1224082440276.jpg

Robot dinosaur serving drinks while wearing an apron.

You can't come up with a counterargument against this.

• Thumbs Up 3

1224082440276.jpg

Robot dinosaur serving drinks while wearing an apron.

You can't come up with a counterargument against this.

veni.jpg

Oh, I most certainly will not.

In TFA Optimus Prime had actual character development, he EARNED the title of Autobot Commander (despite the ending having ambiguity over the fate of Ultra Magnus), he was a believable and enjoyable character, in G1 he was just the father figure who died for our sins and ruined childhoods by doing so. Don't even get me started on how much the supporting cast were stepped up from G1. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

In TFA Optimus Prime had actual character development, he EARNED the title of Autobot Commander (despite the ending having ambiguity over the fate of Ultra Magnus), he was a believable and enjoyable character, in G1 he was just the father figure who died for our sins and ruined childhoods by doing so. Don't even get me started on how much the supporting cast were stepped up from G1. tongue.png

Ironically enough TFP plays Prime off as just as much a generic father figure as G1, yet it arguably makes him more relatable considering they're in a war.

Still think Prime and Animated as a series are better.

In terms of plot and character development, that's a no brainer. You have to be a fan of cheesy 80's shit to appreciate the G1 cartoon.

If you're looking for actual plot and good characterization with the G1 cast, turn to the Marvel or IDW comics.

Edited by gunthetra

You realise the handful of us praising G1 aren't doing it for the same reasons, right?

We know it's pants-on-head stupid. We know it doesn't make a lot of sense and we know the characters aren't developed much. It was 1984 and they were trying to sell repainted toys from several very different lines to stupid kids. It's not supposed to be engaging for adults. The G1 cartoon is nostalgic in part due to its ridiculousness. The series had nothing to build itself off at all.

G1 laid the groundwork. Disregarding it would be disregarding the characters you actually enjoy.

...and to be honest I'm pretty tired of CGI shows these days.

Fucking Hnnng. Well, not so much Rumble... he's a derp here.

Soundwave_plaque.jpg

Edited by Andrew Albacia

I dunno. I love Animated to death and I'm not a huge fan of CG cartoons in general, but after blitzing through Prime about a week ago I'm convinced that CG is just right for Transformers somehow.

...definitely not because Beast Wars was my first Transformers show or anything, nope. Couldn't possibly be that.

I dunno. I love Animated to death and I'm not a huge fan of CG cartoons in general, but after blitzing through Prime about a week ago I'm convinced that CG is just right for Transformers somehow.

...definitely not because Beast Wars was my first Transformers show or anything, nope. Couldn't possibly be that.

In all honesty I hope the next TF show isn't CG. It looks nice, but it really limits what they can do with Prime (budget constraints, not being able to make character models, etc.)

I have no disagreements with CG in general, I just object to it almost completely replacing the more traditional stuff. Beast Wars was my contemporary Transformers show as a kid - I watched it - I didn't like it very much but I think it's aged worse than the look of some of the earlier cartoons. That's not really an issue nowadays with how good CG looks but it shouldn't be every animated movie.

Anyways, traditionally animated Transformers "get all the bitches".

MMP2_Ravage_with_girl.jpg

Edited by Andrew Albacia
  • Thumbs Up 2

Anyways, traditionally animated Transformers "get all the bitches".

MMP2_Ravage_with_girl.jpg

They should be fapping to Megatron instead.

• Thumbs Up 2

They should be fapping to Megatron instead.

Well... from the awkward way they are standing... (Yes, I'm aware they are dancing)

Though I think Ravage would join them in that game also. Characterised as he is in G1.

Contentedfools.jpg

So anyways, I tuned into CN and watched some Prime today. When I saw the kids, I knew I'd seen it before... (It was the episode where they rebuild Breakdown as an Optimus mech and it starts pulling a Shadow).

I do question why Soundwave and Starscream now look like they could be brothers but that's why this exists.

I also found out what that Kiss continuity was about~!

Bot cock. Yep. Lovely~ o.o

Ravage_uk258.png

Edited by Andrew Albacia