Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

I hadn't considered it before, but if that game does come out looking like the Sonic Screensaver Marcello, I would be so pleased. There's a million other ways for it to go though...

I hadn't considered it before, but if that game does come out looking like the Sonic Screensaver Marcello, I would be so pleased. There's a million other ways for it to go though...

I've never seen it before today, but i would have to agree! it looks really good!

I can't possibly be the only one that likes 'assface' Sonic am I? Like on the cover of Sonic 2?

sonic2-cover.jpg

You're not. I personally like Sonic's classic American design as well.

sonic-classic.jpg

It's not too cutesy like the Japanese classic and it's not too extreme like the current (which I still like, BTW). Too me, it's a good balance of both worlds.

I like how Tristan @ TSSZ first makes an article making people believe there was no game when the trailer was released and now he's making people believe there was a game dating back to at least May 2009.

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/08/how-secret-is-needlemouse-not-even-the-trailer-dev-saw-it/

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/17/needlemouse-concept-art-may-not-be-so-new/

Way to contradict himself.

:lol:

Can you ever shut up about this guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're not. I personally like Sonic's classic American design as well.

sonic-classic.jpg

It's not too cutesy like the Japanese classic and it's not too extreme like the current (which I still like, BTW). Too me, it's a good balance of both worlds.

IT has a lot more personally up front too. I think it is silly when people talk american sonic down when at one point it was the only sonic they knew. There wasn't a lot of anime circulating around main stream America in the early 90s so that lack of exposure definitely made American sonic more appealing. American sonic definitely made for better cartoons as well.

I might be the only one who thinks this, but I would much rather see the updated adventure look to be used for this game. IMHO it's cooler, makes more sense since he LOOKS more like a badass that the fat "looking" sonic of old. And YES I have been around since sonic 1. Or 1991. I just fav. the new design ALOT better. But that's just me. They have more 'tude and it appeals more to me. Just saying. And hand drawn characters would be the better step... think BB, or GGX style animation. That would OWN.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I said this a while back, but I still think it'd be really awesome if this game pulled a BlazBlue look and had HD hand drawn sprites on top of 3D backgrounds.

Edit: I didn't even notice tinoknux said BlazBlue. Sorry! D:

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know I said this a while back, but I still think it'd be really awesome if this game pulled a BlazBlue look and had HD hand drawn sprites on top of 3D backgrounds.

My man. I'm thinking the same thing. Super animation, lusty big BG's it's a win win in the art department. =D I'm not horrible into the game.. or lack thereof, I'm just tossing ideas that'll be fun to finally see. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks high end animation like in Blazblue would be awesome.

I might be the only one who thinks this, but I would much rather see the updated adventure look to be used for this game. IMHO it's cooler, makes more sense since he LOOKS more like a badass that the fat "looking" sonic of old.

I agree, except I didn't start in 91. Raised on the comics and cartoons, and then started with the Genesis games in 1999 or so. Yeah, I'm WAY late XD

Hi! I can't wait for Needlemouse. So far at this point, all I know is that there are animal-based badniks, it's in 2D, and Sonic is the only playable character, =D. The reason I'm so happy is that there isn't nearly enough TO BITCH ABOUT YET.

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi! I can't wait for Needlemouse. So far at this point, all I know is that there are animal-based badniks, it's in 2D, and Sonic is the only playable character, =D. The reason I'm so happy is that there isn't nearly enough TO BITCH ABOUT YET.

-Blur

Didn't stop alot of people tho. And won't stop people for anything else related either.

I'd love if the whole game had that sharp edged airbrush style that the old Japanese Sonic art had.

You mean the artwork in the Japanese Sonic 1 manual that vaguely resembled something from Yoshi's Island?

...Am I the only one who LIKED advance 3?

The only part I didn't like is how the character combos worked. The levels were fun, I just avoided bad character combos.

I fucking loved Sonic Advance 3. It did multi-character teamwork WAAAY better than freaking Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 3

Advance 3 would've been a lot better if it didn't screw around with the physics and just used the ones from Adv 2. That and if they'd skewed the level design to make it just a TAD bit more linear.

I do like how they handled the teamwork thing though.

Edited by Black Spy

Advance 3 would've been a lot better if it didn't screw around with the physics and just used the ones from Adv 2. That and if they'd skewed the level design to make it just a TAD bit more linear.

I do like how they handled the teamwork thing though.

I went through all of Advance 3 without realising you could do those hold-down-R combo moves with your partner, which relegated the teamplay aspect to a rather bemusing (but still very welcome) Sonic-2-esque "adorable sidekick" gimmik.

And then even when I kearned how to do them... they're not really ever useful.

Still fun, though.

Also, Chaos Angel Act 3 rocks my socks.

You mean the artwork in the Japanese Sonic 1 manual that vaguely resembled something from Yoshi's Island?

Pics or it didn't happen

The Yoshi's Island style sketches are great, but I would totally buy a Sonic game that looked like those little black and white sketches, just for the hell of it.

I think it would be really cool of they put in differeant variations of music in the game and then let you choose via the options menu what you want to listen to, so for thos that want to listen to Rock can listen to rock, techno heads can have techno, and for thos that want the ultimate in nostalga, can set it to the old school, 16 BIT music we all know and love.

Now i know this would not onley be time consuming and take up even more space on our HDD's but it would be cool, no?

ps3 and the 360 already have a custom soundtrack option, though.

I was not aware that PS3 had it o.O but either way, still would not be the same, not when you can listen to what the developers made for the game.

I was not aware that PS3 had it o.O but either way, still would not be the same, not when you can listen to what the developers made for the game.

I'd rather have on coherent sound track then 3 separate ones make to appease genre picky fans.

I suppose more would be cool, but it's not really needed IMO.

I'd rather have on coherent sound track then 3 separate ones make to appease genre picky fans.

I suppose more would be cool, but it's not really needed IMO.

Very true. one Realy good track is better than 3 medeocre ones =P

Very true. one Realy good track is better than 3 medeocre ones =P

Should there be any remixes, I wouldn't say no to the originals also being included. Sound test only or usable in-game, it just seems like a nice idea.

• Thumbs Up 1