Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

They'll most likely wait until a few weeks after SaSAR is released. Although, I am curious if anything ever came from the quote in the Official Xbox Magazine.

"The Rightful King Shall Return?: Sega has been teasing a game codenamed Project Needlemouse, which may or may not be a new 2D Sonic. Tune in next issue." - OXM

I don't buy magazines so I''ve no idea.

As much as i would like to think they know something, chances are they dont =(

My only issue with the Badnik, and it's a small one, is that it looks plastic compared to the old one. The old one has a metal look to it, like it'd hurt if it was dropped on you. It looks sharp and dangerous. This one uses a lot of whites and grays like it snaps together from a kit. It kind of reminds me of educational toys I've seen. I guess it's a little truer to real animatronics, but it looks like the things from the I Robot movie. Not terrible, just a little flimsy looking. But it's still awesome.

Maybe with the number of times Robotnik's had his base/plans/stuff trashed by countless mythical demons, he's decided to cut back on production costs a little bit? XD

Your post wins. Confession time: the first time I played a classic Sonic game, I ran right into the first badnik. :P

I agree with your winning. Also; let me guess, Sonic 1? That cheeky Motobug just strolls in without a care in the world :P

This game actually makes me wonder if we will see a return to animals piloting robots and Robotnik prancing in that little fun yellow cape that he nabbed from the Mushroom Kingdom.

I'll be brutally honest; I would absolutely love that to happen. I always saw Eggman/Robotnik as a crazy nutjob that flaunts his IQ all over the place yet neglects simply logic. I wouldn't really expect there to be a reason why he's choose to stuff robots with woodland creatures despite all of these other energy sources around the place. The only reason I'd need is "because he's Robotnik". :3

Oddly enough, I never really liked the enemies in Sonic Heroes, either. They were halfway between colourful baddies and cliche'd manga robot mech ripoffs, particularly towards the end of the game where I'm sure they introduced some of those laser-equipped robots from Sonic X. I'd rather have badniks that resemble dangerous creatures than general robotic heavies with Eggman's face on it. I mean, I love his flaunting and his desire to put his visage on everything known to man, but in Heroes it just seemed too... I dunno. Weird. :P

Oddly enough, I never really liked the enemies in Sonic Heroes, either. They were halfway between colourful baddies and cliche'd manga robot mech ripoffs, particularly towards the end of the game where I'm sure they introduced some of those laser-equipped robots from Sonic X. I'd rather have badniks that resemble dangerous creatures than general robotic heavies with Eggman's face on it. I mean, I love his flaunting and his desire to put his visage on everything known to man, but in Heroes it just seemed too... I dunno. Weird. :P

My opinion on Heroes is mixed, but I can guarantee you I didn't think anything of it when I first played, I mean, when people talk about Heroes enemies, yes Egg Pawns instantly come to mind, but there was actually variety beyond that. Besides varied forms of Egg Pawns and Egg Flappers (those flying Egg Pawn looking things), we had the Jellyfish robots, the turtle robots, the Egg Magician robot that healed enemies but then when you flipped him over he would turn into the Egg Bishop use a magic spelled that drained rings from one of your teammates (my personal enemy in the whole game), the Egg Hammers and their tallness, Egg Falcons (often forgotten, they fly by and drop bombs), the Egg Rhino (they ride on rails and look a lot like the Rhino baddie from Sonic Adventure), and finally those transforming Laser enemies that looked like a Falcon in my opinion. Also a variations on all of those enemies and "non-enemies", as I call them (like the Ghost in Mystic Mansion, the Black Frogs in Frog Forest, the Trains in Rail Canyon, the Fireballs in Power Plant, etc).

Anyways, about 1-up says the game is called at SEGA, "Sonic the Hedgehog 4", well I mean I don't find it a surprise.

Come on, I mean this game is obviously VERY MUCH inspired by Mega Man 9. I just called in Sonic the Hedgehog 4 to myself personally anyways. We'll see, but wouldn't surprise me.

They'll most likely wait until a few weeks after SaSAR is released. Although, I am curious if anything ever came from the quote in the Official Xbox Magazine.

"The Rightful King Shall Return?: Sega has been teasing a game codenamed Project Needlemouse, which may or may not be a new 2D Sonic. Tune in next issue." - OXM

I don't buy magazines so I''ve no idea.

Which next issue were they referring to? The January one or the February one? I heard that the January issue had nothing at all.

Which next issue were they referring to? The January one or the February one? I heard that the January issue had nothing at all.

I'm guessing it was the January one. Oh well, thanks for that.

TSSZ News Update

Not that TSSZ is a reliable source, or that the source they are paraphrasing is, but I felt it worth bringing up in this thread.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 1

TSSZ News Update

Not that TSSZ is a reliable source, or that the source they are paraphrasing is, but I felt it worth bringing up in this thread.

If this turns out to be true, then WOW! Episodic content would explain the lack of Tails and Knuckles, and it opens up a lot of possibilities, Sonic games used to take around 45 minutes to an hour to complete.The episodic content would expand on the play time substantially.

Bad luck for Wii owners though. From now on, this should be referred to as Project the Hedgehog 4.

Edited by Stasis

Their source claims a name of Sonic 4: Episode 1. While that indicates piecemeal content, the downloads will be a full game, according to the information SegaOnline sent into us via News Tips.

OH GOD IT'S HALF-LIFE

To be honest, I think most if not all of that information is bullshit. But I can be proven wrong.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

That sounds pretty awesome, though I hope they don't become like Valve in the plot sense =/

Anyways, interesting zone names we got there... I like "Splash Hill Zone", My (just made) mental image of that zone looks pretty fun. :)

Then again, this is just a rumour, till SEGA confirms (or leaks), we only got CRABS.

Episodic? Damn it. I don't feel like going to a friend's house every month or so just to download a game >.<. Just give me the complete game right away SEGA!

The rumor says it's a full game. Just that it's the first in a series of full games.

Think Sonic and Knuckles being Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Episode 2 or some shit I don't know. I'm still calling bull.

Then why the Sonic 4: Episode 1,2 etc. instead of Sonic 4 then Sonic 5? oO It would make more sense.

But, I must say Splash Hill Zone and E.G.G. Station Zone sound really cool.

Does it matter? The title has no bearing on the actual game and we don't even know if this is legit anyway.

It matters to me :P. And for the sake of discussion lets treat it as if it is true. We don't have to hear every second post that we're not sure its true. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

It matters to me :P. And for the sake of discussion lets treat it as if it is true. We don't have to hear every second post that we're not sure its true. ;)

And by doing that, the seas start to churn once again. There's no respite.

They didn't call Sonic & Knuckles 'Sonic The Hedgehog 4', and no-one had a problem with that. Let me ask you why should it be a problem now? Also calling Part 2 'Sonic The Hedgehog 5' would only make sense if it was an entirely new game to Part 1, like Sonic 2 was to Sonic 1.

Yeah and it is supposed to be an entirely new game. They said each episode was an entire game.

Edit: Ok, I sort of paraphrased. But they did say Episode was a full game. Meaning, the next one wouldn't be part of it...

Edited by MarcelloF

To be honest, I think all most if not all of that information is bullshit. But I can be proven wrong.

This. Strictly speaking, I don't see why Sega would even do such a thing.

Apparently they would because the SEGA Online article has been taken down. And when things are taken down....

I love the idea of the episodes. This means that it will be one huge story, with no breaks in between to other random events. Every new sonic game they come out with they always leave out everything that happened in the last as if it never happened, but now we are at least guaranteed a continuation of the same game for another 1 or 2 titles. Oh and they're already planning on sequels? Hell yes, I am fully supporting this route sega. But lets hope the actual gameplay lives up to the structure it is being build upon

Edited by Bubonic Bunny

We just got a request to remove it too...not from Sega, but from SegaOnline, the original source that tipped me.

Hmmmm.

I wonder how that's gonna pan out v.png

So, why did SEGA Online remove the article? Did SEGA tell them to remove it or did they find out it was fake? I'd expect them to say if it was fake.