Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

I agree with your winning. Also; let me guess, Sonic 1? That cheeky Motobug just strolls in without a care in the world :P

You guessed right! I was distracted by that darn television! It's a conspiracy I says!

Anyway, I hope the SEGAOnline rumour is false. "Episodes" would definately be cool, but I don't have my Xbox hooked up to the internet and would have to hook it up ONLY to download it (explanation: I'm lazy! ^_^).

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if most of this is true. And its about time we started getting leaks for this.

Its similar to what Capcom have now started. Online downloads of games. Its just that Sega is making theirs HD-only, so no Wii. I hope that a non-HD version is released for Wii, but meh...

Either way, we won't know until Sega starts revealing some information. Interesting that the article was taken down, though...heh...

I may not be tech-savvy when it comes to screen resolutions, but isn't the word "HD" also used as a blanket term to describe the graphical quality of a game. I know HD is suppose to mean resolutions of 720p and 1080p, but it could also mean "state of the art" or something vague like that. Also, I know the Wii can't do 1080p, but I have heard that it can do 720p. Is this true? Again, I'm not really tech-savvy when it comes to things like this, I'm just curious as to why Sega would exclude their biggest audience for Sonic games. I find it hard to believe that they would put in the extra effort to have Dimps do an alternative Wii version of Sonic Unleashed, yet they can't bother to do a Wii version of a 2D game.

Can't we have one Sonic game without rumours being spread around? I won't believe any of it until we get something official.

Can't we have one Sonic game without rumours being spread around? I won't believe any of it until we get something official.

By the time that happens, China will be bankrupt.

Man, Sega is completely frighten to call this "Sonic 4" aren't they? Even the very mention of it caused them to get angry and threaten legal action.

Anyway, this is a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt, but still at least its from a recently reliable source. If this were true, I'd be very much for it, being a PS3 owner and all. LOL Wii-only owners though.

Splash Hill Zone? Seaside Hill 2.0?

Sonic The Hedgehog 4:

Episode 1: The Phantom Egg!

Episode 2: The Chao Wars

Episode 3: Revenge of the Badniks

Oh yeah, I totally went there.

Can't we have one Sonic game without rumours being spread around?
You can't have any major game without rumors spreading. This certainly isn't something exclusive to Sonic.

Arkham Asylum 2 is going to be completely free roaming. And it's also going to be two player co-op, with Protoman as the second playable character. It's going to be in HD, and go back to the classic style of the Genesis Batman games but somehow episodic.

See how easy it is to make up something?

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

'First to leak the Sonic Adventure for XBL...we trust this source'

Uh, what? That rumor hasn't even been confirmed yet...so you're placing validity in this bullshit leak on yet another bullshit leak?

What the hell is wrong with TSSZ? SegaOnline is totally messing with the Sonic community, and it's so painfully obvious my head is about to spin off...I know you guys are desperate for information, and it wouldn't hurt to know something, but Christ on a crapper, you shouldn't believe every single 'leak' you hear about.

I think that it's a wonderful sign that the game is so tightly-wrapped up...I mean, it means Sonic Team is, for the first time in God knows when, taking their time with a game, and waiting to surprise us. It's amazing, I know.

Of course, it might not even be Sonic Team developing the game, but that's another topic.

It just frustrates me to see people placing faith in this article when there are so many red flags going off...

Edited by Dopply

So I can't complain about this rumor, it sounds great. So does the removal of the article, actually.

I wanted 30 levels in the beginning since I figured that'd be fair for a disc release. If it's a series we'll probably see something like 30 levels anyways.

Trying no to get excited here, but the prospect of an entire series (the 16-bit classics were only 5 games themselves) is crazy to me.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4:

Episode 1: The Phantom Egg!

Episode 2: The Chao Wars

Episode 3: Revenge of the Badniks

Oh yeah, I totally went there.

Lulz, lets not forget:

Episode 4: A new boost

Episode 5: The fans strike back

Episode 6: Return of the Hedgehog

Lulz, lets not forget:

Episode 4: A new boost

Episode 5: The fans strike back

Episode 6: Return of the Werehog

Fixed.

Also, I agree with Dopply's post. Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

False alarm guys, stop thinking positive thoughts about this game.

Fucking Christ, why is this thread even open anymore if we can't even speculate?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

How would you guys feel about a fully animated opening sequence for Project Needlemouse? Something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywAKBXuY5P4, perhaps? I don't see why they shouldn't do something like this- Sonic CD is one of the most favourable Sonic titles and it'd be awesome to see some similar animation for Needlemouse. I like the sound of the 'leaked information', I don't think there's anything for the fanbase to complain about there except of PSN and XBLA only. Maybe if it gets a good enough response from critics and a good amount of sales, they might end up converting it for Wii Ware. =X

How would you guys feel about a fully animated opening sequence for Project Needlemouse? Something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywAKBXuY5P4, perhaps? I don't see why they shouldn't do something like this- Sonic CD is one of the most favourable Sonic titles and it'd be awesome to see some similar animation for Needlemouse. I like the sound of the 'leaked information', I don't think there's anything for the fanbase to complain about there except of PSN and XBLA only. Maybe if it gets a good enough response from critics and a good amount of sales, they might end up converting it for Wii Ware. =X

I'm two minds on the Sonic CD intro. It does look really awesome, capturing Sonic's carefree attitude and great little character quirks, and never forgetting the fact that he's a hedgehog that runs really really fast. On the other hand, its pretty easy to tell that almost every 3d Sonic level has basically been imitating this intro to...mixed results at best.

Still, as long as its just kept to "cool looking intro/ending/cutscenes" and the actual gameplay, I'd be all for it.

I have a legitimate question to all of the Wii-only owners here:

Why the fuck are you all complaining about this coming out for the HD twins now when it has been known since Project Needlemouse was first announced?

Well Unleashed was HD with a Wii version as an alternative for owners of that console. Until recently that was enough reason to suspect one.

Someone from Sonic Retro brought up that WiiWare games aren't allowed to exceed 40mb.

If so, then WOW, there's no way in hell this game is going to WiiWare.

I still think a potential good idea if this is episodic would be to release all the episodes but then if there is like three or something would be maybe to release the three episodes on one disc on Wii along with Episode 3 on the Wii before it's released for DLC on the 360 and PS3.

How would you guys feel about a fully animated opening sequence for Project Needlemouse? Something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywAKBXuY5P4, perhaps?

It is difficult to articulate how much I love the CD opening. Everything about it is perfect; the style, Sonic's acrobatics, the music... it's just Sonic blasting through the crazy, semi-surreal wilds of Mobius. There's not even BADNIKS; the peril comes directly from the REAL thing Sonic is always fighting: Robotnik's effect on the environment, and the bleak consequences of his his literal chaining of nature.

Robotnik's antagonism isn't shoved in your face with a thousand explosions like it is in Unleashed's opening. Rather the Little Planet is just THERE, hanging menacingly above Mobius like some callous mechanised god, and Sonic stares right back at it from his lonely perch on top of the spire. No superfluous friends skipping around him crying "Save us, save us!". Instead it's just the Blue Blur, mutely squaring up against a corrupted world, panorama of the plains behind him as if to show you what he's fighting to for: Nature, rather than some contrived plot device involving a floating Chihuahua or a ginger princess.

And then, there's no smartass, cocky grin or pithy rejoinder; he faces down the enormity of Robotnik's temporal atrocity with nothing more than a look of determination. A jump, a spin-roll, and he's away, sprinting up the chain to take on the Fat Man once again.

Sonic Boom

Trouble keeps you runnin' faster

Sonic Boom

Save the planet from disaster...

;_; IT'S BEAU-U-U-U-U-UTIFUL ;_;

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen
  • Thumbs Up 5

Even though I literally own 2 games for my wii and have only played it 4 times I was actually considering getting needlemouse on it do to the terrible d-pad on the 360 for side scrollers. But now that there is a good chance it won't be on the wii I am just going to get it for my 360. Good thing anyways, they aren't limited by graphics or nintendo's shady "casual" gaming schemes.

I know they're designing a controller specifically for this game but I was wondering if these mad catz street fighter controllers feel like genesis ones?

http://www.madcatz.com/productinfo.asp?page=247&GSProd=4704&GSCat=97&CategoryImg=Xbox_360_Controllers

• Thumbs Up 1

Why would you ever buy a Wii version when you have the capacity to run a 360 version anyway?

My parents (being well-meaning, if not particularly bright folks when it comes to los videojuegos) made the terrible mistake of getting me Wii Unleashed the Christmas it came out. I marched right into the shop and exchanged it for a real version without even scissoring open the polythene.

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen
  • Thumbs Up 1