Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

On 3/3/2018 at 7:26 PM, Almar said:

This was at the point where complaints of the cast were at an all-time high. Not a surprise to keep the cast smaller for what was a quasi-reboot. And the two showed up after 06 anyway. Unlike GUN.

That had nothing to do with what I asked you, and I like how you completely avoided the question and then continue saying “Not seeing GUN=Non-canon”. Especially when it took the rest of the cast at least two games to show up later.

It doesn’t matter at what point where the complaints of the cast was at an all-time high, that’s not a straight answer. Does them not being around in Unleashed suddenly make them not canon like GUN? Yes or no?

You haven't told me what the plan is for GUN in Two Worlds is. I doubt Sonic Team has one. In case you didn't notice, "Two Worlds" is really just an excuse to write out the non-Eggman humans.

Well you weren’t even reading my posts then, cuz I never said there was a plan for them any more than there was a plan for Knuckles or Shadow. All you’re doing now is dancing around the main question you still keep avoiding to give a straight answer.

Most of them besides maybe Shadow don't have protecting whatever planet Sonic Unleashed is on as a job. Knuckles should be guarding the Master Emerald, Rouge jewel hunting, Omega blowing up Eggman's other robots, Chaotix doing detective work. Point is, them not showing up in Unleashed isn't actually all that odd compared to GUN not doing it.

Oh, but it makes so much sense for them to stand around and do nothing to help in Generations after confronting Time Eater, just like them not showing up like GUN when the entire damn planet shattered into pieces and monsters roamed at night in Unleashed makes sense, but somehow they’re still canon despite not appearing in Unleashed while GUN somehow isn’t despite also not appearing there.

I’ll ask this again, if GUN not showing up in Unleashed means they’re not canon, then were we supposed to assume that everyone else who didn’t appear are no longer canon at the time either? Yes or no?

I don’t want to hear anymore blatant double standards you have.

• Thumbs Up 5

For me the human world is STATION SQUARE, and the animal world is GREEN HILL ZONE.

And on the same one (1!!!) planet! Not that hard. Sonic can run back and forth between the two "worlds"!

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kv

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

For me the human world is STATION SQUARE, and the animal world is GREEN HILL ZONE.

And on the same planet! Not that hard. Sonic can run back and forth between the two!

Sonic can't run through space

• Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

He said

9 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

And on the same planet!

8 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

And on the same planet! Not that hard. Sonic can run back and forth between the two!

There's also the Mystic Ruins, San-cisco Zone, Prison Island, Westopolis, Central City, & Soleanna in the human and the Lost Hex & the myriad of Classic levels in Sonic's World.

And Angel Island in both.

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

He can if there are portals to transport him.

Also, Starlight Carnival and Asteroid Coaster were a thing.

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

He said

From a certain point of view

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

He can if there are portals to transport him.

Also, Starlight Carnival and Asteroid Coaster were a thing

Yes, but can he physically run on stardust though?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

From a certain point of view

Yes, but can he physically run on stardust though?

If he can run on dirt from his shoe, you bet.

I'm not clear on what the heck was going on with Starlight Carnivals intro admittedly, but there's that.

My point it's all in ONE planet.

Humans live in Station Square, Spagonia, Mazuri, Holoska...

Animals live in Green Hill, Emerald Town, Leaf Forest, Ice Cap on Angel Island (yes it has inhabitants!)...

And there can be animals living in human town and humans living in animal towns! (Like Amy living in Station Square, Rouge working with GUN, humans visiting mystic ruins which is contrary to belief NOT HUMAN WORLD as it is the home of Echidnas and Big the cat...).

Oh, and Angel Islands floats above Mystic Ruins, why would it fall there otherwise?

It would be much easier and better for all of us to be one planet, because Gerald created Shadow and Chaos robots with inspirations from echidna culture, and it avoids useless questions like "How did Rouge end up with humans, how did Eggman end up with animals..."

ONE WORLD.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

It'd be easier and make more sense, but that's not the official game stance. Whether IDW has to adopt it is as of yet unknown. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Ice Cap on Angel Island (yes it has inhabitants!)...

Now that you mention it, that's what I would like to see: the native life on Angel Island. 

Let us see an example of what Knuckles is protecting by making sure the Master Emerald is where it belongs.

14 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

humans visiting mystic ruins which is contrary to belief NOT HUMAN WORLD as it is the home of Echidnas and Big the cat...

Oh, and Angel Islands floats above Mystic Ruins, why would it fall there otherwise?

I'm pretty sure it's been established that Angel Island moves around over time. It falling next to the Mystic Ruins during Chaos's release is a contrived coincidence given the implication that it's where it originally was.

Also, don't the archeologists comment on the fact that Angel Island came out of nowhere? To say nothing of the fact that there is a train station.

19 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

It would be much easier and better for all of us to be one planet

Yes, it would be. And to be honest, that's more or less how I interpret it, given that things like the Special Zone exist.

19 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

ONE WORLD.

• Nice Smile 1

41 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

My point it's all in ONE planet.

Humans live in Station Square, Spagonia, Mazuri, Holoska...

Animals live in Green Hill, Emerald Town, Leaf Forest, Ice Cap on Angel Island (yes it has inhabitants!)...

And there can be animals living in human town and humans living in animal towns! (Like Amy living in Station Square, Rouge working with GUN, humans visiting mystic ruins which is contrary to belief NOT HUMAN WORLD as it is the home of Echidnas and Big the cat...).

It would be much easier and better for all of us to be one planet, because Gerald created Shadow and Chaos robots with inspirations from echidna culture, and it avoids useless questions like "How did Rouge end up with humans, how did Eggman end up with animals..."

ONE WORLD.

We know it doesn't make sense, anyone at Sega who cares enough knows it doesn't make sense, you don't need to say why it doesn't everytime for us to get it

49 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Now that you mention it, that's what I would like to see: the native life on Angel Island. 

Let us see an example of what Knuckles is protecting by making sure the Master Emerald is where it belongs.

I like this idea. It expands on Knuckles' role: he isn't just guardian of the Master Emerald, he's also the leader of Angel Island's inhabitants. Chieftain of the Neo Knuckle Tribe, if you will.

Adding to this, I think it would make sense for Knuckles to have an apprentice. Someone to take care of the island/manage the shrine while he's away, and also a successor in case not even mandates can save him.

• Thumbs Up 3

On the next Sonic live stream I won't be asking for a toaster, I'll be asking for a globe. An official Sonic the Hedgehog world globe so someone or anyone at SEGA can finally lay this to rest. 

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

On the next Sonic live stream I won't be asking for a toaster, I'll be asking for a globe. An official Sonic the Hedgehog world globe so someone or anyone at SEGA can finally lay this to rest. 

But there is no official globe

• Nice Smile 1

Just now, Razule said:

But there is no official globe

I know , and that's my point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even the early games made clear that Angel Island's 'inhabitants' consist of little animal friends. Remember that they're sapient too. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Splash the Otter said:

I like this idea. It expands on Knuckles' role: he isn't just guardian of the Master Emerald, he's also the leader of Angel Island's inhabitants. Chieftain of the Neo Knuckle Tribe, if you will.

Adding to this, I think it would make sense for Knuckles to have an apprentice. Someone to take care of the island/manage the shrine while he's away, and also a successor in case not even mandates can save him.

Eh, Leader might be a stretch, but definitely someone for them to rely on to keep their existence stable.

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

So, do you guys think it's possible to make the two-worlds concept work?

If you rewrite several details in various games yes, but for simplicity's sake, preferrably not.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Of course there is a way for it to work. It requires the concept to have been there from the beginning as well as acknowledged in-universe.

54 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Sure if you rewrite ... a bunch of games. 

Also shadow the hedgehogs's backstory

Sure

Will sega do that? The latter , maybe in some reboot someday. The former? OH hell no

Archie didn't make great use of its one world concept in practice either to be honest. 

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Archie didn't make great use of its one world concept in practice either to be honest. 

Are you referring to both the preboot and reboot comics or just one?