Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Ooo! I have an idea! Maybe an antagonist can maybe drain energy from the emeralds (somehow) and become something like a psuedo-Super form. Iizuka may have said only hedgehogs can go super, but I don't think he said anything about nobody else using the Chaos Emeralds at all (Chaos Control and such) given characters like Eclipse.

7 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Ooo! I have an idea! Maybe an antagonist can maybe drain energy from the emeralds (somehow) and become something like a psuedo-Super form. Iizuka may have said only hedgehogs can go super, but I don't think he said anything about nobody else using the Chaos Emeralds at all (Chaos Control and such) given characters like Eclipse.

That's usually how it be

• Nice Smile 1

Speaking of Overclocked Nicole, I'd rather Tails and Knuckles get unique transformations anyway (I mean for one thing their "Super" forms don't even have unique designs, they just glow on and off, but I'm also thinking they could use some other method than the Chaos Emeralds). I wonder if something like that would be allowed.

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah, Knuckles could unlock his true potential and become green, and Tails could fuse with alternate universe versions of himself..!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Razule said:

Yeah, Knuckles could unlock his true potential and become green, and Tails could fuse with alternate universe versions of himself..!

Or just dawn a cape and maybe become more orange.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, DabigRG said:

And shorter, pudgier, with black eyes. A more.. competent version of himself

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

And become one of the ugliest things in mobiankind.

25 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I kind of like the idea of say normal tails inventing himself a super mode and just calling it turbo tails

He would be like iron man, it would be sick. Just you know... no muscles

56 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Energy drain could work

Also eclipse can use the emerald because he's a black arms, and shadow is a black arms. That's a group I mentioned could use the chaos emeralds

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Unless this lore has changed, and I hope it has. The only people who can use emeralds are 

Male Hedgehogs

Chaos

Robots

Mephilies

Black arms ( My head canon is mephilies is also in that category ) 

And sometimes echidna's

And Maybe blaze, because in the comic I think I saw shadow use a sol emerald in the comic, so I would imagine it works vica versa

But yeah, he doesn't fall under any of that, he's a jackal. 

Again unless they changed it so that everyone could be cool. Then that would be , infact cool

The rules about who can use Chaos Emeralds are so arbitrary they might as well not exist. If ST wants Infinite to use Chaos Emeralds, he's going to use Chaos Emeralds.

• Nice Smile 1

43 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Speaking of Overclocked Nicole, I'd rather Tails and Knuckles get unique transformations anyway (I mean for one thing their "Super" forms don't even have unique designs, they just glow on and off, but I'm also thinking they could use some other method than the Chaos Emeralds). I wonder if something like that would be allowed.

I would prefer that all characters had that

All of them

I want magical super amy

And like pheonix super telekenic silver

And Shadow with like a devil trigger black arms transformation

and even more on fire blaze , with extra fire. 

And Techno Tails

1 minute ago, Splash the Otter said:

The rules about who can use Chaos Emeralds are so arbitrary they might as well not exist. If ST wants Infinite to use Chaos Emeralds, he's going to use Chaos Emeralds.

They aren't really though. You can use them as an energy source, and very specific characters, and groups can use them. 

That's been consistent. 

• Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

They aren't really though. You can use them as an energy source, and very specific characters, and groups can use them. 

That's been consistent. 

Sonic Team has been inconsistent before. Maybe they'll allow Infinite to use the Chaos Emeralds. (But that's if SEGA doesn't consider Infinite dead, because Ian confirmed he can't use dead characters.)

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

12 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I kind of like the idea of say normal tails inventing himself a super mode and just calling it turbo tails

latest?cb=20120710071837

12 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Energy drain could work

Also eclipse can use the emerald because he's a black arms, and shadow is a black arms. That's a group I mentioned could use the chaos emeralds

Now that you mention it, what exactly did Eclipse have in mind for he Master Emerald again?

• Nice Smile 1

12 minutes ago, DabigRG said:
34 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Now that you mention it, what exactly did Eclipse have in mind for he Master Emerald again?

He was going to use them to.. fuel his bootleg Wisp babies, I think?

• Nice Smile 1

9 minutes ago, Razule said:

Huh. I suppose that would've been the obvious option.

Though it makes the fact that he made them carry the damn thing kinda humorous in a sardonic way.

2 minutes ago, Korke said:

How about not trying to take the DB route?

Meaning...?

• Nice Smile 1

30 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Do you also wanna see chao here and there like in Archie Post-reboot?

Yes. Chao were such a distinct element of the Dreamcast era that I'm a little surprised they trickled down so much afterwards. And after the Eusebes Shrine in the New252, I'd be interested in seeing what else can be done with them.

Also, with Vanilla on the list of characters set to appear within the first two years, they might pop up pretty soon.

51 minutes ago, Razule said:

Food 

Black arms feed on ... i assume the energy of life forms, the black arms in shadows game were going to devour the planet. The chaos emeralds served as a source of energy that use to power themselves up and feed on. I remember Ian mentioning that shadow had that particular quick removed, though it explains why shadow can just use chaos control with out an emerald.

Theoretically speaking, shadow might be feeding off of all the energy around him

20 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Food 

Black arms feed on ... i assume the energy of life forms, the black arms in shadows game were going to devour the planet. The chaos emeralds served as a source of energy that use to power themselves up and feed on. I remember Ian mentioning that shadow had that particular quick removed, though it explains why shadow can just use chaos control with out an emerald.

Oh yeah, you're absolutely right. I forgot about that.

Thanks! 

20 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Theoretically speaking, shadow might be feeding off of all the energy around him

So you might say that he's..."pulling from the Chaos Force?"

iKwMJq4.gif

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Oh yeah, you're absolutely right. I forgot about that.

Thanks! 

So you might say that he's..."pulling from the Chaos Force?"

iKwMJq4.gif

While the chaos force was an idea I thought was neat, no. 

I was thinking more like life energy. Like in a very friendship shounen protagonist kind of way, he gets stronger when his friends are around4

also that gif is making me giggle way too much

33 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

While the chaos force was an idea I thought was neat, no. 

I was thinking more like life energy. Like in a very friendship shounen protagonist kind of way, he gets stronger when his friends are around4

Eh, I was a little mixed on the Chaos Force for benign, but what you're suggesting there sounds pretty damn out of theme, especially considering who were talking about.

33 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

also that gif is making me giggle way too much

Yeah, that moment is fantastic!:lol:

Don't you fucking hate it when people take things Ian said out of context and only list the negatives?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Absolutely 1

36 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Don't you fucking hate it when people take things Ian said out of context and only list the negatives?

Can you post any examples? 

58 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Can you post any examples? 

I saw an argument on twitter (Forgot where it was) where this guy was ranting off things in the interview that Ian did for GameInformer and such. He rants that there'll be no more lore and deep stuff and that it's all Ian's fault, which we know from Ian' s twitter and David Mariotte that this is not true at all. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1